Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Azealia Banks

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

wakka12 wrote: »
    Because her comments are hilarious tbh even though theyre mean, and her image is all about her attitude

Yeah, I find the mocking of the famine and telling people to die to be absolutely hilarious.

As funny as people making fun of the holocaust.

/s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Because her comments are hilarious tbh even though theyre mean, and her image is all about her attitude
    Hmm, I’d consider myself to have a very dark sense of humour and find most things funny, but the funniest thing to come out of Ms Banks was Dave Holmes.

I could make some woman beater jokes, but I know what’s funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Seriously? Since when has being a bully being funny. She has said the nastiest things to people the past few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Suckit wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/azealia-banks-i-want-to-dedicate-this-to-all-the-beautiful-irish-women-1.3767685

"I had enough of yall oompa loompa looking sprites hand crazy lookin' bitches tonight. The girls have scurvy, they're like vitamin deficient, they need some calcium tablets..."

:D:D

The cheek of her commenting on peoples looks when "she" herself looks like she should be suing some surgeon for the failed gender reassignment surgery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sure she's calling out to McGregor for help after mentioning the famine.

Obvious what she is doing, some good publicity for her gigs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I take it we think she's as bad as Cromwell now?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I'm very impressed with her research in how to troll us the most.

Also, didn't Russell Crowe try and knock her out that one time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

DrumSteve wrote: »

He spat at her. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

He spat at her. :pac:

Maybe he tried to knock her out with his breath in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I take it we think she's as bad as Cromwell now?

Oh worse than Cromwell.

You wouldn't find Cromwell tweeting famine jokes at three o'clock in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

She seems to have mental health issues, a difference so to speak, best left to her own devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Because she's a woman.
    Sure it is, because that really helped Katy Hopkins.

Far more likely to be because she's not white and would scream racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Saw this comment on facebook LOL
    ' She could eat an apple through a letterbox with them knashers 😁'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I like her. She clearly has an attitude, but there's something a bit sexy about it, combined with the fact she is quite good looking in the first place.

She also happens to be stupidly talented, which probably get distorted by what she makes headlines for. If Beyonce went around calling people f*ggots and making Holocaust jokes earlier in her career she probably wouldn't be the symbol we know now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Agree she really is very talented, shes incredibly artistic and a great rapper and lyricist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Agree she really is very talented, shes incredibly artistic and a great rapper and lyricist

Read that as incredibly autistic and thought it was a defense of sorts :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Omackeral wrote: »
    Read that as incredibly autistic and thought it was a defense of sorts :o

Ironic that you didn't read it correctly then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Hammer89 wrote: »
    I like her. She clearly has an attitude, but there's something a bit sexy about it, combined with the fact she is quite good looking in the first place.

She also happens to be stupidly talented, which probably get distorted by what she makes headlines for. If Beyonce went around calling people f*ggots and making Holocaust jokes earlier in her career she probably wouldn't be the symbol we know now.

A symbol of what?

Ipso wrote: »
    A symbol of what?
    Racism and ignorance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Racism and ignorance

But not apparently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Heaven help us all. Azealia Banks is a racist, homophobic, disgusting waste of space. She had one good song over seven years ago. Let's not dress it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Ipso wrote: »
    A symbol of what?

Should probably read the post properly. I didn't call her a symbol.

She also happens to be stupidly talented, which probably get distorted by what she makes headlines for.
    Ye are making her out to be this misunderstood genius who is just being satirical - when she's just a screechy, tantrum-throwing, aggressive, insult-throwing overgrown brat.

I think people who take her bait directly on social media are idiots (and adults throwing insults back about her looks? Eh... primary school is long over folks), but people are right that they're uncalled for and very disrespectful to our history. But it's ok for her to do that - not others though, and certainly not to other targets like, oh I don't know... African Americans?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

She's an epic troll, and her first big hit (212) is absolutely epic. She treats the internet like is should be treated - an unfiltered shoutbox for having the craic and not for taking seriously. I for one hope we see more hilarity from her with regard to our fine little Isle before she finds a new target to troll.

She's an epic troll, and her first big hit (212) is absolutely epic. She treats the internet like is should be treated - an unfiltered shoutbox for having the craic and not for taking seriously. I for one hope we see more hilarity from her with regard to our fine little Isle before she finds a new target to troll.
    Hatrickpatrick in "being an edgelord" shocker.

• Advertisement

Hatrickpatrick in "being an edgelord" shocker.

How exactly does this count as "being an edgelord" :D Your standards for edgelordship are abysmal.

How exactly does this count as "being an edgelord" :D Your standards for edgelordship are abysmal.
    - Firing out insults, both personal and to entire groups
    - Above racially charged at times
    - Advocating gang rape of Sarah Palin (a woman I can't stand by the way)
    - Screaming crying if people insult her back - disrespect her culture even slightly and a paddling, but it's ok for her to do it (thought you hated double standards Pat?)

So no, she is not "having the craic", she is just being a nasty little bitch.

And surely you can see this, so yeah, just looks you're trying to be edgy.

- Firing out insults, both personal and to entire groups
    - Above racially charged at times
    - Advocating gang rape of Sarah Palin (a woman I can't stand by the way)
    - Screaming crying if people insult her back - disrespect her culture even slightly and a paddling, but it's ok for her to do it (thought you hated double standards Pat?)

So no, she is not "having the craic", she is just being a nasty little bitch.

And surely you can see this, so yeah, just looks you're trying to be edgy.

Is it not obvious that she's trolling though? If I thought she was serious, the double standards would piss me off, but in my view she's just taking the piss all around.

Is it not obvious that she's trolling though? If I thought she was serious, the double standards would piss me off, but in my view she's just taking the piss all around.
    When she throws tantrums - I mean actual crying tantrums like she's two years old - or rage fits at being refuted, doesn't look like it.

Yeah she is winding up people too but she's also a horrible piece of work and while I would not take her bait, I disagree with downplaying the ugly aspects of her behaviour.

And it's a little reminiscent of the leprechaun guy in The Simpsons who says "Tis true, we took many a beating - but shur twas all in good fun!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I hope everyone in this thread is happy with themselves and all the abuse they have given back at her, because at just 27 years of age she has now been found dead to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Hope she is playing Tel Aviv next

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

DrumSteve wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if McGregor gave her some tips on the best way to troll the Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭maccored

this is like the gillette advert. annoy people and then get a lot of free publicity. Personally ive never heard of the woman and couldnt give a feck what she says. though as I say - all this thread is doing is getting her name out there - which is what she wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

maccored wrote: »
    this is like the gillette advert. annoy people and then get a lot of free publicity. Personally ive never heard of the woman and couldnt give a feck what she says. though as I say - all this thread is doing is getting her name out there - which is what she wanted.
    Yep, the whole of boards will be at her next Irish gig because we are all talking about her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Have to admit I never even heard of the rapper Azealia Banks until I read about her disgusting racist rants. What a truly loathsome racist she is. No question as the below article says if what she said was an Irish person or someone else saying something comparable about Blacks there would be mass outrage and rightly so.

https://www.irishcentral.com/opinion/niallodowd/blatant-racism-azealia-banks-irish-free-pass

To say she owes an apology is quite the under statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

maccored wrote: »

I am going to disagree with you. For me what Banks said is so loathsome and so vile that her racism must be called out. This disgusting kind of hate speach is not acceptable and should not be overlooked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

She's a hateful, talentless, ugly little troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Jaysus lad. How long has it been since you've got the ride? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Jaysus lad. How long has it been since you've got the ride? :P

Probably getting more than most if he is not that fussy!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭dasdog

The outrage at this has been palm face, news outlets getting involved. I downlanded one of her albums after hearing 212 a few years ago. It's alright, one listen is enough. She's a smart cookie, pulling the right strings getting attention. Missy Elliot is far better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Someone should have collared her for hate speech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I was at the gig on Tuesday, whatever she mouths she is a seriously talented rapper and her tracks sound so much closer to generic African tribal music than the polished globalist hip hop that gets a free pass.

Was anyone else there? If so, did you see what happened at the end.

She took out a big red Dunnes-style shopping bag and started lobbing goodies into the crowd. She saw that down the back on the right hand side got nothing, aimed and fired but unfortunately hit some poor girl right in the eyeball and who was left in a right state...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Who???

rafatoni wrote: »
    Who???
    An american rapper who comes out with obnoxious, racist sh!te that would end anyone else's career in a heartbeat but she gets away with it because she's a downtrodden, oppressed African America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

rafatoni wrote: »
    Who???
    Azealia Banks

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    An american rapper who comes out with obnoxious, racist sh!te that would end anyone else's career in a heartbeat but she gets away with it because she's a downtrodden, oppressed African America.

Now she’s crying racism in the article on her Instagram that suggests she should be racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

A dirty ignorant hoor

She should be permabanned from Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I was at the gig on Tuesday, whatever she mouths she is a seriously talented rapper and her tracks sound so much closer to generic African tribal music than the polished globalist hip hop that gets a free pass.

Was anyone else there? If so, did you see what happened at the end.

She took out a big red Dunnes-style shopping bag and started lobbing goodies into the crowd. She saw that down the back on the right hand side got nothing, aimed and fired but unfortunately hit some poor girl right in the eyeball and who was left in a right state...:eek:
    She should sue her and put some manners on her.

Now she’s crying racism in the article on her Instagram that suggests she should be racist.
    Well she's already declared that Irish people have no white privilege so technically we should be able to say anything we want about her without being labelled as racist :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement