Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking - Cork Street - Dublin 8

Options
  • 21-01-2019 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Undecided about whether I should post this in the transport forum or on here, so apologies if it's not the correct forum. I have to attend a meeting in Dublin 8, Cork street on Wednesday afternoon and was thinking about parking. Haven't been in this part of the city for a few years but the Lidl on Cork street had a free car park last time I was there. Is this still the case? If not, can someone tell me where I can find parking round there. Don't mind paying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Berserker wrote: »
    Lidl on Cork street had a free car park
    Presumably for customers only.

I imagine you can park in lots of places, but perhaps best to pick a place that's not in front of someone's door, that they might be possessive about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Don't know about Lidl, but there is some pay parking at Newmarket Square, where Teeling Distillery is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Still parking in Lidl - customer parking but doubt it would be an issue if you weren't long.

You'll find an on-street spot on Cameron St, Mazwell St, Fingal St or Eugene St I'd imagine. Failing that - South Brown St, Ormond St or Chamber St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

I've always parked on Ormond Street when in or around that area, never been an issue getting a spot either.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

You can park in the bus lane outside the row of shops at Lidl there. Dozens of cars every day cops and clampers do nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Thanks for the replies. Forgot to add that I'm going to be in the area for three hours or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    You can park in the bus lane outside the row of shops at Lidl there. Dozens of cars every day cops and clampers do nothing.
    This might not be legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Well that's BS... people have been given tickets there several times. Best not to listen to cyclists when asking for parking OP :pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Victor wrote: »
    This might not be legal.

It isn't but the cops and clampers be like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It isn't but the cops and clampers be like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can park there between 10am and 4pm IIRC but people park any time they want. I've never seen a ticket or a clamp there and I lived nearby for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You can park there between 10am and 4pm IIRC but people park any time they want. I've never seen a ticket or a clamp there and I lived nearby for years.

10 and 12, not 10 and 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

There's always spaces on Cork Street around the old Paddy Whelan shop

Advertisement