Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router internet history

• 22-01-2019 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    I have a 16 year old teenage son who is really depressed lately.
    I’ve been trying to check his internet history so I can make sure he’s safe and what websites he is accessing, problem is he’s a computer geek and is probobly deleting all his history.
    My question is this? I have an f2000 eir modem is there any way of checking visited websites if I log onto my router?

Thanks all

Comments

The only way with the stock unit I see, is to create an opendns account and then change the DNS to opendns on this modem, you can then control DNS from their portal, ie restrict categories, etc.

You can also get a raspberry pi and use pi-hole as your dns forwarder, you can use opendns as above, though you can log into the pi-hole's control panel and see all requests made from any device on your network.

Only issue, with the above, is that I cannot confirm if you can force DNS in a firewall rule, which in the event anyone creates a static DNS entry on their device, ie to google 8.8.8.8, it will drop and not work, which is what you want.

Other devices worth considering, Fingbox....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Nice try OP.... who are you really trying to snoop on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Suzanned22

ArthurG wrote: »
    Nice try OP.... who are you really trying to snoop on?

My 16 year old son who I fear is googling how to commit suicide 🀬🀬🀬🀬🀬

Advertisement