Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir FTTH - can I get?

• 22-01-2019 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi there, Eir FTTh has recently been installed in our area.  

My Father had FTTH installed yesterday, he lives on the same road as me but half a mile further away from the exchange.  

When checking the online service it said it wasn't available to him yet, however, when he called the loyalty department they said the system hadn't been updated and it was available to him.  He was connected yesterday.

I am currently with Sky, when I enter my Eircode it says available to me but it does not offer any options to upgrade to any speed.  When I check the Eir system it says FTTH is not available to my home.

However when I pop my neighbours eircode into  Eir website FTTH checker the system it says FTTH is available and offers all options.

Could I have someone check this for me, I am out of contract with SKY and will happily change to EIR if this service is available to me.

The FTTH cable runs along the main road past my house, so I know the cable is there.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

redunited wrote: »
    Hi there, Eir FTTh has recently been installed in our area.  

My Father had FTTH installed yesterday, he lives on the same road as me but half a mile further away from the exchange.  

When checking the online service it said it wasn't available to him yet, however, when he called the loyalty department they said the system hadn't been updated and it was available to him.  He was connected yesterday.

I am currently with Sky, when I enter my Eircode it says available to me but it does not offer any options to upgrade to any speed.  When I check the Eir system it says FTTH is not available to my home.

However when I pop my neighbours eircode into  Eir website FTTH checker the system it says FTTH is available and offers all options.

Could I have someone check this for me, I am out of contract with SKY and will happily change to EIR if this service is available to me.

The FTTH cable runs along the main road past my house, so I know the cable is there.

Thanks
    Hi redunited, 

Thanks for taking an interest in joiningour network. 

If you click on this link it will tell you what broadband is available at your address. 

Due to various factors it may not be possible to signup to fibre. 

As soon as fibre can be installed at your address this will be updated on our website. 

Grainne

Advertisement