Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40th private party venue Cork

Options
  • 22-01-2019 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I'm looking for a different party venue in or around Cork city to host my 40th birthday in June. There will be approx 80ppl going.

What I'm looking for (& its proving quite difficult to find)..is a private venue or room that will hold 80ppl where I can provide finger food, a private bar & the possibility of an outdoor space for smokers...We are looking for a late bar, I.e. closing around 2am..

I have looked at a few spaces but very few offering the late bar etc..Soho is a good option but had my husbands there recently so prefer to go somewhere else if at all poss.

All ideas welcome!
    Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Court yard on Sober Lane?

It doesnt suit all the criteria though but if Soho is out of the equation, it might be a good compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Upstairs in the Bodega, has its own bar, they do food and possible can do late. There's a seperate smoking area also.

The Briar Rose in Douglas isn't bad, nice size room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

It's a bit off-the-wall, but the (side) outdoor area in Coughlans would be an option. There's a semi-private area off to the side of the pub - I've been at BBQs there in the past. You can probably smoke there, or if not in the main outdoor area. And you have the main bar and the music venue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

St Peter's on North Main street do functions, and it is a lovely space. Cork City Gaol in Sunday's well also do functions/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Diziet wrote: »
    St Peter's on North Main street do functions, and it is a lovely space. Cork City Gaol in Sunday's well also do functions/

Do they do lock-ins?

Sorry!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Hi all,

I'm looking for a different party venue in or around Cork city to host my 40th birthday in June. There will be approx 80ppl going.

What I'm looking for (& its proving quite difficult to find)..is a private venue or room that will hold 80ppl where I can provide finger food, a private bar & the possibility of an outdoor space for smokers...We are looking for a late bar, I.e. closing around 2am..

I have looked at a few spaces but very few offering the late bar etc..Soho is a good option but had my husbands there recently so prefer to go somewhere else if at all poss.

All ideas welcome!
    Thanks so much!

Grafton pints of carling for 3.50 big smoking section out the back perfect for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

Sullivan's in Douglas or Barry's Douglas..

Also reardens on Washington Street..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭rob316

mean gene wrote: »
    Grafton pints of carling for 3.50 big smoking section out the back perfect for ya

Except it's an absolute kip.

The courtyard op is fantastic. There's a lot said about the owner but his son Brendan is a serious host and will look after ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrpdap

The Crickt Club on The Mardyke.
    Full bar, very comfortable, separate hall/function room.
    You’ll have organise grub separately.
    Fairly sure bar closes at 01:00 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Deep south could host id say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

rob316 wrote: »
    Except it's an absolute kip.

Ah stop it has wonderful clientele inside there the cream of the crop of Cork City

mean gene wrote: »
    Ah stop it has wonderful clientele inside there the cream of the crop of Cork City

Last time I was in there, there was 3 lads from the estate I grew up, All are locked up constantly, the 2 brothers of a well known Cork drug dealer in there also.

Real friendly clientele. Type in "the grafton" into google and you'll see it mentioned in numerous court cases.

Advertisement