Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am trying to port

• 22-01-2019 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

I am very frustrated.
    I signed up for a sim only plan, and want to port from my current eir number to the new sim.
    I tried 1901, finding it hard to find an option which is correct.
    I am currently getting "all our call entries are closed".
    I tried 1905, waited 30 mins, for the "switch sim" option, only to be told its the wrong option, and to ring 1901. I explained that this wasn't working, and option wasn't there for porting. The operator told me it was new customer option and promptly put me through only to be immediately met with "all our call centres are closed" message.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

Slevster wrote: »
    I am very frustrated.
    I signed up for a sim only plan, and want to port from my current eir number to the new sim.
    I tried 1905, waited 30 mins,  for the "switch sim" option, only to be told its the wrong option, and to ring 1901. I explained that this wasn't working,  and option wasn't there for porting. The operator told me it was new customer option and promptly put me through only to be immediately met with "all our call centres are closed" message.
    Hi Slevster.

If you could send me the following account information I will look into this for you.

-Account number,

-Name on the account,

-Address,

-Date of birth,

-Mobile number and the number you wish to port over.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

So finally got it ported (I think, just waiting for them to switch).

A total of 1 HR 40 minutes today in total, between being on hold and talking with operators (approx 20mins actually talking). Having be passed from operator to operator 4 times, being transfered to dead end twice, incorrect person/area another time, and then passed on to another que, which was 31mins. Finally got talking to an operator, who did the switching (this particular operator was very pleasant and helpful) .
    I am very use to dealing with technical maters, and all that that entails, but I found the whole experience frustrating, annoying and unnecessary complicated for a relatively straight forward process.
    A clear description /map of options for the 1901 and 1905 help lines, posted on the website would be very useful. (eg if porting, dial 1901, select the mobile option, and the the new customer option etc)

So finally got it ported (I think, just waiting for them to switch).

A total of 1 HR 40 minutes today in total, between being on hold and talking with operators (approx 20mins actually talking). Having be passed from operator to operator 4 times, being transfered to dead end twice, incorrect person/area another time, and then passed on to another que, which was 31mins. Finally got talking to an operator, who did the switching (this particular operator was very pleasant and helpful) .
    I am very use to dealing with technical maters, and all that that entails, but I found the whole experience frustrating, annoying and unnecessary complicated for a relatively straight forward process.
    A clear description /map of options for the 1901 and 1905 help lines, posted on the website would be very useful. (eg if porting, dial 1901, select the mobile option, and the  the new customer option etc)
    Hi Slevster.

Sorry to hear about your customer journey this time around, we are currently experiencing a high volume of customer enquiries resulting in longer waiting times.

I am happy to hear that your number port has been successful.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

I was wrong.

My number didn't get ported after all!

they activated the sim that was sent out , but didn't port my number old number over . (i.e my old number is still active, along with the new sim card number).
    Also , when I logged into "my Eir" I notice that I am being charged incorrect bundle price . 

so.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

They are brutal at porting over numbers. The powers that be at Eir need to put the staff that are doing the porting on serious intensive training. I'm not being modest when I say they are brutal. I had a number for over 10 years. I got a bill phone on my eir account and wanted my number ported over from Eir pay as you go to the Eir bill. Should have been a doddle to do but Eir cocked it up and my number went up into lala land and they were trying for weeks to get it back and never succeeded.

I hope you can get you issues sorted OP but as always with Eir, be prepared for a struggle to put it mildly.  

• Advertisement

eir: Ahren wrote: »
    I am very frustrated.
    I tried 1905, waited 30 mins,  for the "switch sim" option, only to be told its the wrong option, and to ring 1901. I explained that this wasn't working,  and option wasn't there for porting. The operator told me it was new customer option and promptly put me through only to be immediately met with "all our call centres are closed" message.
    Hi Slevster.

If you could send me the following account information I will look into this for you.

-Account number,

-Name on the account,

-Address,

-Date of birth,

-Mobile number and the number you wish to port over.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    Hi Slevster.

Sorry to hear about this.
    If you could PM me previously requested account details, I will look into this for you.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    I was wrong.

My number didn't get ported after all!

they activated the sim that was sent out , but didn't port my number old number over . (i.e my old number is still active, along with the new sim card number).
    Also , when I logged into "my Eir" I notice that I am being charged incorrect bundle price . 

so.......

Hi Slevster.

If you could PM me previously requested account details, I will look into this for you.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Pm sent

Hi Slevster.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Pm sent
    Hi Slevster.

I have received your PM and responded there.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Hi Slevster.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Pm sent

Hi Slevster.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Pm sent
    Hi Slevster.

I have received your PM and will respond to you now.

-Ahren

• Advertisement
Advertisement