Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Design Software for kids

Options
  • 22-01-2019 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭

I have two teenage kids, both mad keen to set up their own website for a school project but they will need some reasonably easy software to get started.

Anyone recommend a package that wont break the bank ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

No software required to make a basic website, just a text editor like Notepad++ and some knowledge of HTML & CSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Pelvis wrote: »
    No software required to make a basic website, just a text editor like Notepad++ and some knowledge of HTML & CSS.

True, but they have no knowledge of HTML etc.

I'm looking for an intuitive (gui) piece of software that a 14 & 15 year old can get into and work through - make your own website for beginners type thing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Talisman

Get them a book which is easy to follow - nice GUI software is not going to help them down the road but understanding the fundamentals will. The CodeDojo book gets very good reviews.

CoderDojo: My First Website: Create with Code (CoderDojo Nano)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Talisman wrote: »
    Get them a book which is easy to follow - nice GUI software is not going to help them down the road but understanding the fundamentals will. The CodeDojo book gets very good reviews.

CoderDojo: My First Website: Create with Code (CoderDojo Nano)

Cheers, that looks perfect

Advertisement