Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit Card Abroad

Options
  • 22-01-2019 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm travelling to Asia next month. Wasn't there an option in your online account where you can inform the bank you're gonna use your card abroad? I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore.

Do I no longer have to do that? I can pay/withdraw money using my debit card abroad without notifying?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi jamescd,

Thanks for your post.

It's no longer necessary to place a travel note on your account. All we would ask is that you have your up to date contact details on your account, in case we need to text or email you to check on a transaction. You can update your details on 365 Online under the Manage Accounts option. We've some travel tips here that you may find helpful and we hope you have a great trip.

All the best,
    Tara

Advertisement