Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

P20 and connecting to Airplay

• 22-01-2019 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I want to play from Spotify from my phone, and connect to a Marantz speaker system, which has Airplay.

On my old HTC phone I had an option to scan for wifi or bluetooth devices, and choose where to connect. The P20 does not appear to have this, and when I go to the Spotify it does not recognize the Marantz speaker, but does all the Google homes and Roberts radio that I have.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Misleading title, you aren't using Airplay.

Read your manual and check if it has a BT pairing mode.

To be fair, HTC are one of the few Android manufacturers that support airplay out of the box. Does your speaker only support airplay? It can't do a normal BT connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

ED E wrote: »
    Misleading title, you aren't using Airplay.

Read your manual and check if it has a BT pairing mode.

Actually yes, it's a Marantz stereo system that does not support Bluetooth, WiFi only.

You'll probably need to install an app that allows the functionality you want

https://www.knowyourmobile.com/android-apps/18049/best-airplay-apps-android

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Thanks, will check those out

• Advertisement
Advertisement