Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Owed money from Eir…

• 22-01-2019 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi,

I switched broadband early in December from Eir to another provider. My last bill was an overpayment and, according to Eir, I was due a repayment of €61.39 this month. This was issued on the 4th January, to be paid on the 18th. The my.eir dashboard is reporting it as paid in full but it has not showed up in my accounts.

Would appreciate someone taking a look.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

Hi,

I switched broadband early in December from Eir to another provider. My last bill was an overpayment and, according to Eir, I was due a repayment of €61.39 this month. This was issued on the 4th January, to be paid on the 18th. The my.eir dashboard is reporting it as paid in full but it has not showed up in my accounts.

Cheers.
    Hi Webmechanic.

If you could send me the following, I will be happy to look into this for you.

-Account number,

-Name on the account,

-Address,

-Date of birth.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Webmechanic

eir: Ahren wrote: »
    Hi,

Cheers.
    Hi Webmechanic.

-Account number,

-Name on the account,

-Address,

-Date of birth.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    Thanks Ahrenm I'll send that now.

Hi,

Cheers.
    Hi Webmechanic.

-Account number,

-Name on the account,

-Address,

-Date of birth.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    I sent a follow up DM yesterday, probably after you'd knocked off for the day. Would appreciate a reply when you're back today. Thanks.

Hi,

Cheers.
    Hi Webmechanic.

-Account number,

-Name on the account,

-Address,

-Date of birth.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    I sent a follow up DM yesterday, probably after you'd knocked off for the day. Would appreciate a reply when you're back today. Thanks.
    Hi Webmechanic.

I have received your PM and will respond to you there.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Thanks for sorting that out, Ahren. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Thanks for sorting that out, Ahren. Much appreciated.
    Hi Webmechanic.

You are more than welcome.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Well this is disappointing, if not entirely unexpected. I was told I'd have the money owed back in my bank account within five to ten working days yet here we are twelve days later and still no sign of any money.

I didn't want to have to escalate this up the line to Comreg, and I really shouldn't have to, but this is ridiculous.

Following the process now for escalation, so here's one more chance for you to deal with this - quickly.

Well this is disappointing, if not entirely unexpected. I was told I'd have the money owed back in my bank account within five to ten working days yet here we are twelve days later and still no sign of any money.

I didn't want to have to escalate this up the line to Comreg, and I really shouldn't have to, but this is ridiculous.

Following the process now for escalation, so here's one more chance for you to deal with this - quickly.
    Hi webmechanic.

I have looked into this for you and do see that your refund has been approved.
    Please allow some time for the refund to get to your bank account.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Hi webmechanic.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    Hi Ahren, 

Thanks for the reply, I know you can only do so much but 'some time' is a bit vague. Any chance you could firm that up a bit? As in, will I get it by Thursday? What's the longest time between 'approved' (though, as it's my money, 'approved' doesn't really come into it!) and it actually being transferred?

Hi webmechanic.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    Hi Ahren, 

Thanks for the reply, I know you can only do so much but 'some time' is a bit vague. Any chance you could firm that up a bit? As in, will I get it by Thursday? What's the longest time between 'approved' (though, as it's my money, 'approved' doesn't really come into it!) and it actually being transferred?
    Hi there Webmechanic.

Unfortunately, we would not have a precise time frame. This process can usually takes 5-10 working days. Unfortunately, this can sometimes take longer.
    We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you.
    -Ahren.

• Advertisement

Hi webmechanic.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    Hi Ahren, 

Hi there Webmechanic.

Unfortunately, we would not have a precise time frame. This process can usually takes 5-10 working days. Unfortunately, this can sometimes take longer.

Thank you.
    -Ahren.
    Is there any chance I can get an official email from Eir stating that this money WILL be repaid? I just got an email this morning, more than ten working days after you said it would be paid, and two months after I transferred to another provider, saying my NEW bill is available to view yet still no sign of the money owed to me nor any official notification of intent to pay. Every other company I've dealt with in the past has had no problem in resolving overpayments in a timely manner. I'm starting the complaints procedure now but I would still like an official email clearly stating Eir's intent to pay. Thanks.

Hi webmechanic.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    Hi Ahren, 

Hi there Webmechanic.

Thank you.
    -Ahren.
    Is there any chance I can get an official email from Eir stating that this money WILL be repaid? I just got an email this morning, more than ten working days after you said it would be paid, and two months after I transferred to another provider, saying my NEW bill is available to view yet still no sign of the money owed to me nor any official notification of intent to pay. Every other company I've dealt with in the past has had no problem in resolving overpayments in a timely manner. I'm starting the complaints procedure now but I would still like an official email clearly stating Eir's intent to pay. Thanks.
    Hi Webmechanic.

Sorry to hear about this, I am going to look into this for you and see what the delay is. I will respond back to you via PM shortly.
    Thank you.
    -Ahren

Thanks Ahren,

I started the complaints process on Friday, Eir has two working days to respond with a verifiable tracking number, so we'll see what happens tomorrow. I'm just methodically going through the process, ticking all the boxes, in the expectation I'll have to escalate it up to Comreg. It might get resolved before that I suppose, but I'm not holding my breath.  Appreciate your help though, just wish you had greater access to the 'system'. 

Hi Ahren,

You said yesterday you would be looking into this to see what the delay was and respond back to me by PM. Any chance you could get that PM to me today?

Thanks.

Hi Ahren,

You said yesterday you would be looking into this to see what the delay was and respond back to me by PM. Any chance you could get that PM to me today?

Thanks.
    Hi Webmechanic.
    Apologies for the delay in responding, I was awaiting confirmation from the relevant department.
    I have responded to you via PM.
    Thank you.
    -Ahren  

Got the PM Ahren, thanks for your help.

Got the PM Ahren, thanks for your help.
    Hi Webmechanic.
    Your welcome, happy we were able to resolve this for you.
    -Ahren

Advertisement