Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming in Andorra

• 22-01-2019 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hey Eir why does your website show roaming rates for Andorra but yet when you get here you can’t get a carrier but others with Vodafone etc have no problem?
    I could get a signal in Spain.
    I can get a signal when close to the French border.
    Nothing in Andorra.
    Have contacted your customer care both through the online chat (joke) and now through Twitter.
    Please remove from your website if you are unable to provide a signal in Andorra!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 psydereyes

UPDATE

Eir Twitter customer Care is ajoke as well.

Only suggestions were turn phone off and on.
    Try sim in different phone.

When asked is that all just told yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

psydereyes wrote: »
    Hey Eir why does your website show roaming rates for Andorra but yet when you get here you can’t get a carrier but others with Vodafone etc have no problem?
    I could get a signal in Spain.
    I can get a signal when close to the French border.
    Nothing in Andorra.
    Have contacted your customer care both through the online chat (joke) and now through Twitter.
    Please remove from your website if you are unable to provide a signal in Andorra!!
    Hi psydereyes, 

Sorry to hear your service is not working in Andorra. 

Could you remove the battery from your phone then switch the phone back on (if you are unable to remove the battery from the phone turn it to airplane mode for 5 minutes) and then manually search a network on your phone does this allow you to connect to a network? 

If this does not work could you PM the following details? 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi psydereyes, 

Sorry to hear your service is not working in Andorra. 

Could you remove the battery from your phone then switch the phone back on (if you are unable to remove the battery from the phone turn it to airplane mode for 5 minutes) and then manually search a network on your phone does this allow you to connect to a network? 

If this does not work could you PM the following details? 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi Grainne,

I have tried all this on advice of one of your colleagues (fathi from the Twitter cus care - also tried in another phone but to no joy)

I will pm you my details.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Your wasting your time with Eir
    They have pulled all roaming in the UK except for on the EE network (which is crap, especially in NI)

If I were a betting man, I'd  say they probably have pulled roaming with Andorra Telecom, just like they have done with o2 in the UK

No one has a clue in Eir - we will be taking our 18 phones to Vodafone next month simply because of their ineptitude 

ah I think your on the money that they no longer have a roaming agreement with Andorra Telecom alright!

Would explain why both the online chat & Twitter cus care just go quiet after the technical solutions of turn phone on/off and swap sim fail to work.

Wish they would just admit it and remove from their website.

Have pm’d my details here and will see what happens.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Sono

Remove battery from the phone and put back in, what the hell is this supposed to do to help phone signal ffs!!

I’m an Eir customer and very disappointed to hear they aren’t offering roaming in all countries they are advertising. False advertising to say the least.

And don’t even get me started on that online web chat service, the worse I have ever experienced, just complete and utter rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

ah I think your on the money that they no longer have a roaming agreement with Andorra Telecom alright!

Would explain why both the online chat & Twitter cus care just go quiet after the technical solutions of turn phone on/off and swap sim fail to work.

I was in Andorra recently with no issues, billpay customer if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Sono wrote: »
    Remove battery from the phone and put back in, what the hell is this supposed to do to help phone signal ffs!

It forces the network to do a full location update to flush out any issues with your current attach or lack of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Sono

It forces the network to do a full location update to flush out any issues with your current attach or lack of.

Would have thought turning the phone off and back on would do the exact same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭kazoo106

It's a get rid of you tactic when they have no clue how to help !

• Advertisement

Hi psydereyes, 

I have responded to your PM. 

As soon as I get this information I will contact our technical team to investigate this. 

Grainne

I received a pm requesting the following -

“Thanks for sending those details on. Could you advise when you search a network on your phone what happens? What networks are showing up on the list? “

I have responded via pm but for the benefit of others - I get one option which is Andorra mobiland - when I connect to that nothing happens.

Just to reiterate my partner is having the same issue with her Eir mobile so it’s not just me!

I was in Andorra recently with no issues, billpay customer if that makes a difference.

I am bill pay as well - not sure why there is an issue now....

Just as a little update. I received this message on the 25/01

“Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I was advised that the only network eir have an agreement with Andorra is MOBILAND.

The agent in our technical department has advised that he has forced your number off the network. What I need you to do is switch your phone to airplane mode for at least 2 minutes then switch your phone back on. Once you have done this can you manually search a network again and select mobiland.

Please let me know if this works.”

This didn’t work......

Have not heard anything since I responded to say so.

Also realized that I have not yet received a response to my online complaint form I filled out last Tuesday which the twitter Customer care person said I would get a email acknowledgement in 48hrs :-)

Just as a little update. I received this message on the 25/01

“Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I was advised that the only network eir have an agreement with Andorra is MOBILAND.

The agent in our technical department has advised that he has forced your number off the network. What I need you to do is switch your phone to airplane mode for at least 2 minutes then switch your phone back on. Once you have done this can you manually search a network again and select mobiland.

Please let me know if this works.”

This didn’t work......

Have not heard anything since I responded to say so.

Also realized that I have not yet received a response to my online complaint form I filled out last Tuesday which the twitter Customer care person said I would get a email acknowledgement in 48hrs :-)
    Hi psydereyes, 

Could you PM the email address you provided when you logged your complaint and I can follow up with the complaints team. 

Grainne

Advertisement