Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re Splitting Home Folio.

Options
  • 22-01-2019 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all,

As outlined above, I am looking to split a home folio into two separate folios. I am looking to speak to somebody that has done this. Looking to build on the section of land. From what I can gather, the process is as follows:
    1. Contact an Engineer. Engineer calls out, divides land registry map, certifies same.
    2. Lodge an application to the Land Registry to split the said folio. This will be accompanied by the engineers' certified map showing the two plots.
    3. As there is a mortgage on the said property, we will need the consent of the bank to subdivide and provide a partial discharge of the mortgage against the section of land.
    4. Get a Solicitor to draw up the transfer.
    5. Apply for planning on said land.

Would I be best off contacting Planning and Bank prior to following the other steps?

Many thanks,

Mr. Finance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MrFinance

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭victor8600

MrFinance wrote: »
    Would I be best off contacting Planning and Bank prior to following the other steps?

I would contact Planning first. Does it matter if the proposed house is in a new Land Folio? It could be that you can apply for the planning permission to build a house right now. Also *you* may be permitted to build a new house, but whoever gets the new piece of land (even if they are your relatives) may not be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

MrFinance wrote: »
    bump

Please stop

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MrFinance

L1011 wrote: »
    Please stop

Thanks, any advice on the above?

Advertisement