Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Motherboard

Options
  • 22-01-2019 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm struggling hard to find a motherboard that supports sli with a 1150 socket.
    I've searched online and can only find expensive ones from ebay.
    Anyone out there know where i can get one without breaking the bank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ASRock Z87 KILLER - 100euro

ASRock Z97 Extreme4 - 97eur (negotiable)

IIRC the SLI capable motherboards were always a bit dearer than Crossfire-compatible ones.

Are you sure you want to go with SLI though?
    Sell both GPUs & get whatever next-highest gen card for better performance at lower power draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bluenessy

my friend recently upgraded and gave me his old 970 which i was going to sli with mine.

I dont feel right selling the card as it was gifted to me so i think the sli may be my only option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I would say it's a waste of time, SLI and Crossfire are patchy at best, be one thing if you already had a SLI capable board but to have to buy a new one is a bit mad, and it will cost about €120 all in.

Two GTX970's would fetch about €280, for about €380 you can get an RTX2060 which is not only a good bit faster, newer, almost twice the vram but is also 100% consistent in performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That's a good point above regarding VRAM - the GTX 970s would be hobbled at anything above 1080p by the 3.5Gb VRAM limit.

Advertisement