Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clermont Carn Outage

• 23-01-2019 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Clermont was off the air from 12.10am till 8.00am last night for "essential maintenance". Considering the weather at this time of year, what on earth would require an overnight outage in near-to-freezing temperatures? I merely ask because I'm intrigued.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

egal wrote: »
    Clermont was off the air from 12.10am till 8.00am last night for "essential maintenance". Considering the weather at this time of year, what on earth would require an overnight outage in near-to-freezing temperatures? I merely ask because I'm intrigued.

It's off tonight and tomorrow also. I don't know what for though.

https://twitter.com/2rnNMC/status/1086584544965419008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Antenna

outages due to work/adjustments on UHF combiner, so indoor work (not on the mast), and can be done during minimum viewing hours (overnight on weekdays). Especially to prepare for future changes of UHF DTT channels in various areas there would be other occasions of work like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Unless there's some massive breaking news story happening overnight on this island I wouldn't worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 King Wooey

Does Clermont Carn still have issues? We had the no signal msg last Sunday 20th. Then I read the 2rn tweet re an outage 21st-23rd. I rescanned our Hummy box last night for Freeview ch87 frequency change and all the Saorview channels in the 800s have gone.

I'm in Downpatrick, County Down.

Thanks.

Advertisement