Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 35 Thread * Spoilers* (*No Betting Talk*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Gonna get killed for this, but given today’s announcement I’d F’n love for Vince to throw a cart load of money at McGregor to throw him in the main event mix.

no, keep him away from Becky. I'd be afraid something comes out down the line that would affect Becky by association. Not saying the chap has anything in his closet, but he's no angel.

Anyway, Northsiders and Southsiders shouldnt mix :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Honestly when they had rondas husband come in i was wondering if they had thrown a load of money at connor to come in and combat him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

sky88 wrote: »
    Honestly when they had rondas husband come in i was wondering if they had thrown a load of money at connor to come in and combat him

It occurred to me as well but I doubt it. McGregor is too unpredictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Pentecost wrote: »

one thing that isn't unpredictable about him though is the $$$.
    And Vince loves $$$

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pentecost wrote: »

He's not exactly PG :pac:

For all the eyes on the business it might put I'm not sure if it would be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Joan Jett will be performing Ronda's theme live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

J. Marston wrote: »

Mania is saved!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Plus with McGregor i cant see him staying to a script and being told what to do.

Im prob the only person who think this song would be kinda cool for Becky to walk out to at WM (even though i love her theme song)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Weren't there plans for a match involving HHH, Shawn, Kane and Taker?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Weren't there plans for a match involving HHH, Shawn, Kane and Taker?

Saudi Arabia took that bullet for us. Or was it Australia? I can't even remember.

Saudi Arabia took that bullet for us. Or was it Australia? I can't even remember.

‘‘Twas both actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Gonna get killed for this, but given today’s announcement I’d F’n love for Vince to throw a cart load of money at McGregor to throw him in the main event mix.

Summerslam or next year's WM, I'd guess for McGregor appearance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Conor won’t be there now well then again Tyson is in the HoF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jaysus it's a week from Sunday, that came fast. Few guesses

Think they will do too Kofi what they done with Ryder a few years ago, have him win the title but then make him lose it the next night (for SD 2 nights following mania)

Imagine Ricochet or Black winning the wwe title the SD after mania

I imagine taker and/or Cena will interrupt musical guest Elias

Dominic will obv get involved in Reys match and he choked out by Joe

We will get a quick squash win for Angle over Corbin

Reigns too win

I remember Dominic was involved with a Rey feud in Lucha Underground. Expected more from Joe stalking the family like he did with AJ. Can't claim to be Dominic's father though, since we all know that's Eddie

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I remember Dominic was involved with a Rey feud in Lucha Underground. Expected more from Joe stalking the family like he did with AJ. Can't claim to be Dominic's father though, since we all know that's Eddie

Or a Dominic heel turn where he rips of Reys mask just like Eddie did :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Anyone else expecting a new Becky theme at Mania?

• Advertisement

brianblaze wrote:
    Anyone else expecting a new Becky theme at Mania?

Nah. If they change it I'm hoping they wait till after Mania. New theme to go with that new shiny belt she will hopefully be wearing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mania is saved!

Now if they could get Nita Strauss to play Becky's theme live, I'd be happy.

14 matches on the card so far, with neither of the men's tag titles announced yet. Twice as many matches as Wrestlemania 11 and 12, and two short of the record 16 at Wrestlemania 4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Quite a few of them will have to be on the pre show unfortunately

Miz vs Shane should be, but it won't because Shane

Women's tag titles, mens & womens battle royal and CW title are shoe ins for the pre show

Any mens tag titles will end up on the pre show too you'd imagine, and Joe vs Rey could easily be on it too

Hope the show opens with Styles vs Orton, the last few Manias have had good openers with the right match to open the show and the only one for me that does it is Styles vs Orton, I can see it being Shane vs Miz but it's not the right match imo since it's toilet break fodder on a Mania card

Womens tag match will be main show because it's the women, new tag titles, Beth, Nia, etc.

Here is your pre show.

Finn & Lashley

Murphy & Nese

Joe & Rey

One of The Andre Battle Royal or The Women's Battle Royal might open the show otherwise it will be on the pre show as well.

• Advertisement

Think both Battle Royals were on the preshow last year

They have the Saturday Night Live guys in the Andre one this year that makes me think it might slip onto the main show.

They have the Saturday Night Live guys in the Andre one this year that makes me think it might slip onto the main show.

Ron Gronkowski got involved 2 years ago when it was on the pre show

They stream the pre show live on youtube free I believe, since guys like that are to bring in the more casual audience I'd say putting it on the pre show will bring in as many people if not more

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If the battle royal concept slipped off a cliff I'd be happy. Don't care if it gets everyone on the card, not everyone deserves to be. That's the harsh truth.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ERG89 wrote: »
    If the battle royal concept slipped off a cliff I'd be happy. Don't care if it gets everyone on the card, not everyone deserves to be. That's the harsh truth.

That’s very true and a great point. And especially as they’re not doing ppv bonuses like they used to it really doesn’t matter if you make the ppv or not.

And I think a lot of wrestlers get the hump to be lumped onto the preshows. Mania doesn’t need a preshow just make it a 5 hour show start to finish no preshow.

• Advertisement

It's gonna be a 5 hour show for me this year, assuming I'll be arsed to stay awake next Sunday night that is.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    It's gonna be a 5 hour show for me this year, assuming I'll be arsed to stay awake next Sunday night that is.

Yeah I'll likely put on the network but zone out of the pre show completely. Might fire up a game of FM while I'm waiting or something.

Or just find some gifs to annoy youse guys with :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

2 hour pre show and 4 hour main event?

Necro wrote: »
    Yeah I'll likely put on the network but zone out of the pre show completely. Might fire up a game of FM while I'm waiting or something.

I'm calling nonsense on this, the gifs are sometimes the best part about live threads.

I'm guessing 2 hour pre show and 5 hour main show.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm guessing 2 hour pre show and 5 hour main show.

This is my guess too. Have to stay up for it to see Becky take home the gold.

Loughc wrote: »
    This is my guess too. Have to stay up for it to see Becky take home the gold.

And turn it off before the hugs and the Steph starts

And turn it off before the hugs and the Steph starts

Steph leads the crowd in yes chants and show ends with HHH presenting Steph with flowers and confetti falling on them both.

And Steph is announced as the first inductee into HoF for next year as well as the Warrior Award recipient for all she's done for the women's (r)evolution

Has the build up to Lesnar/Rollins mentioned the WM31 cash in at all apart from a Heyman tweet? On one hand I get it because it was kind of a heelish move and Seth is now face, on the other hand I don't because it seems like the perfect back-story to build on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Here is my guess at the final card / what will be on the pre-show along with loads of biuld up panel nonsense
    Pre-Show

SmackDown Tag Team Championship -- The Usos (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Rusev vs. The Bar

Cruiserweight Championship -- Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Tony Nese

Raw Tag Titles -- The Revival vs Black/Ricochet (The Revival cost Black/Ricochet the NXT titles the night before vs War Raiders)

Women's Battle Royal: Confirmed entrants: Asuka, Carmella, Naomi, Lana, Mandy Rose, Soya Deville, Nikki Cross, Dana Brooke, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Mickie James, Zelina Vega (Asuka wins)

Main Card:

Women's Tag Team Championship -- Sasha Banks & Bayley (c) vs. Beth Phoenix & Natalya vs. Nia Jax & Tamina Snuka vs. The IIconics

United States Championship -- Samoa Joe (c) vs. Rey Mysterio

The Miz vs. Shane McMahon (Falls Count Anywhere)

Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Finn Balor

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Confirmed entrants: Braun Strowman, Michael Che, Colin Jost, Andrade, Apollo Crews, Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze, Jinder Mahal, No Way Jose, Bobby Roode, Chad Gable, Lucha House Party, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Heath Slater, Rhyno, Viktor, Konnor, Ali, Shelton Benjamin, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Otis, Tucker, EC3

AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton

Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin (Kurt Angle Retirement Match - Corbin maybe replaced by John Cena)

Triple H vs. Batista (No Holds Barred; Triple H's career on the line)

Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre

Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Kofi Kingston

Universal Championship -- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins

Raw Women's Championship -- Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair

When I look at the top of the card, its a damn good card

The booking might be a shame in the lead up to it, but on the night it’s gonna be a good one I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Iv'e a feeling by sunday, both womens titles will be on the line, i just cant see the logic of charlotte in the match now when she's got a title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Iv'e a feeling by sunday, both womens titles will be on the line, i just cant see the logic of charlotte in the match now when she's got a title.

Funny you should say that, Meltzer is reporting that they’ll make this official during the week. It’s the right thing to do at this stage, Becky holding both titles above her head will be a great image for Irish sport(s entertainment). A double champ we can actually be proud of. :pac:

Unless they have a 2 falls match with a title for each win. I remember they did that before where the person with both titles left with none

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Necro wrote: »

Definately suggest firing up some fm , I'm enjoying your reviews in the fm forum!

I suggest downloading extreme warfare revenge, wrestling simulator that's free online you can download updated roster and then do reviews here!

I paid for the TEW updated version, but didn't find it as fun as extreme warfare revenge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

martyos121 wrote: »
    Funny you should say that, Meltzer is reporting that they’ll make this official during the week.

I honestly dont read what he says, but i was thinking about it last night, there is no reason why she should be in the match now, unless her title is up grabs, if it wasnt, she'd be defending it elsewhere on the card

Charlotte to announce she's gracefully (yeah right) bowing out of the Raw Women's Championship match, (and instead will defend the Smackdown Live Women's Championship) and letting it be the 1 on 1 it should've been the night after the Royal Rumble when Becky reset her sights on Ronda.

If they hadn't already announced the 3 women were main eventing, I could believe that she would now go on to just be in the SD women's title match instead

Instead we'll get a mess where Charlotte takes the fall or the tap, she's kept strong because she'll be the SD champ come the Tuesday, Ronda kept strong because she didn't pin or submit herself, and Becky will be the Raw champ coming out

It's WWE's 50/50 keep everybody strong booking

• Advertisement

Don't discount the swerve of Charlotte winning. Charlotte/Ronda seemed to be the plan until Becky's popularity forced their hand. They may not shift from the original outcome they had in mind.

Advertisement