Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 35 Thread * Spoilers* (*No Betting Talk*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They're forcing this very hard in fairness.

Who really gives a crap about Becky and whoever. They're bowing their heads to this pc bull.

The funniest thing is that Vince was accused of Raping Rita Chatterson and multiple other sexual indiscretions. The guy is a creep.

It's all for show. The World Title should be on the line in a WM Main Event.

This is just a PR stunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Itssoeasy wrote: »

A video from WWE about Becky prior to Sunday. Once again the WWE video people have made an amazing video.

Ah here! That’s excellent! Wonder will that be the VT prior to the match? I agree with others now while Becky is fire it’s time to pull the trigger on a new edgier theme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So with permission of the mods here is my part 1 of my mania preview show would love if some of you guys could check it out I'll be uploading part 2 tonight there isn't any spoilers or anything just a load of speculation so enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Who really gives a crap about Becky and whoever. They're bowing their heads to this pc bull.

The funniest thing is that Vince was accused of Raping Rita Chatterson and multiple other sexual indiscretions. The guy is a creep.

This is just a PR stunt.

The fans?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is just a PR stunt.

Jesus Christ.

The entire Wrestlemania is a PR stunt. The women’s match is by far deserving of the main event slot and I imagine it’ll end up match of the night. There is some serious talent in that match.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So Loudwire went to a WWE's Superstars For Hope event in New York City to ask Seth Rollins, Charlotte Flair, Paige, Stephanie McMahon and more WWE greats about their favorite music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Newstalk doing wrestling ??

https://youtu.be/QQ7MhboGY3w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

PTH2009 wrote: »

Tbf plenty of credible news sites pick up on mania! It’s an institution at this stage

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Anyone watching the HOF tonight? Think I might give it a miss and be recharged for Mania tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Necro wrote: »
    Anyone watching the HOF tonight? Think I might give it a miss and be recharged for Mania tomorrow

100% giving it a miss.

Need to save all the energy for tomorrow night.

Necro wrote: »

I'll watch it for a while anyway

Not a big fan of those cringe speeches and those cheesy shots of tipsy wrestlers laughing there asses off

Btw Connor McGregor is back in Dublin so wont make an appearance. Not that it was going too happen anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Might look up some of it tomorrow if I hear of anything interesting happening or good speeches. I'm sure DX will just be messing.

A video from WWE about Becky prior to Sunday. Once again the WWE video people have made an amazing video.

This is just bleedin’ deadly.

Loughc wrote: »
    This is just bleedin’ deadly.

Started from the bottom, and now she's at the top of the mountain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Here's part 2 lads thanks again to Lord TSC and the mods for allowing me to post , hope you enjoyed both parts if ya watched and a subscribe and a like would mean the world , anyway see ya on the boards over the coming nights :)

I was pessimistic but I've done a 180 now.

If Becky loses, The Man character is more or less dead in the water after all the promos she has given. Charlotte will always have The Queen gimmick and accolades out the hoop and Ronda will always be the top dog as long as she's in WWE.

Plus she's 0-3 at Mania, they gotta give her the win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This is just a PR stunt.

Mania hasnt started yet and we have our first heel turn :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wonder if Nattie and Beth are winning the titles, partly over what happened last night at the ceremony with Bret?

I figured a heel team was winning that one because the show on paper looks to have a lot of babyface wins, but surely Nattie will be the most over woman in that match now? And if she and Beth were to celebrate with the titles on the ramp and then suddenly Bret comes out to raise their hands - you're talking about one of the biggest pops of the night right there.

Wonder if Nattie and Beth are winning the titles, partly over what happened last night at the ceremony with Bret?

I figured a heel team was winning that one because the show on paper looks to have a lot of babyface wins, but surely Nattie will be the most over woman in that match now? And if she and Beth were to celebrate with the titles on the ramp and then suddenly Bret comes out to raise their hands - you're talking about one of the biggest pops of the night right there.

Definitely a possibility. All depends on what Beth is signed up for I suppose.

I think it's either Beth and Nattie or Nia and Tamina. I know which one I'd prefer.

Although I'd be fine with Bayley and Sasha retaining too, but I don't think it gives us anything going forward so I don't think it will happen.

Could go - Beth & Nattie win tonight

Then drop the belts to Nia and Tamina at the next PPV.

I'd be ok with that too actually.

I'd say Sasha and Bayley will win so they can follow up on their promise to defend the titles in NXT. I think there should be a NXT team in the match anyway.
    I'm guessing we'll have a lot of NXT women in the Battle Royal with 12 being on the main show (Alexa hosting, tag match and main event)

love this day has that big match feel

working til midnight so ill miss the pre show but ill be keeping a sneaky eye on it lol

what munchies are people getting in ???

PTH2009 wrote:

Just put in my order of alcohol, will be dropped to me later :D

For snacks I have a 12 pack of Tayto
    3 Milkybars (the big ones)
    That Kelkin sweet popcorn
    And beer.

Should do me I reckon.

Wasnt gonna watch the pre show myself but I think I'll slog it out while playing a bit of FM on the laptop to keep my mind from zoning out until the main card starts

Pizza and chicken wings from the local chipper.

The local Apache lost my custom after they increased everything on the menu and the delivery charge went from €2 to €3. Biggest heel turn since Wrestlemania 17.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine seeing as Aloe Blacc's The Man is being used for Becky's pre-match video package later tonight, streaming numbers for the song might get a boost, even though it's Blacc's 4th most streamed song on Spotify.

I can see the Miz/Shane match being the overbooked match, with Shane bringing people out to help him like Sanity or even Mean Street Posse.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I can see the Mia/Shane match being the overbooked match, with Shane bringing people out to help him like Sanity or even Mean Street Posse.

and Miz bringing out Johnny Morrison too help him

love this day has that big match feel

working til midnight so ill miss the pre show but ill be keeping a sneaky eye on it lol

I have popcorn, m&ms, malteasers, jellies and aero essentially enough sugar as possible to try and make it through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Anyone here gone over

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    I have popcorn, m&ms, malteasers, jellies and aero essentially enough sugar as possible to try and make it through.

Get a can or 2 of Monster or Rockstar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Hopefully this is one of those average on paper but good in-ring Manias.

Smackdown tag match, Orton vs AJ, Murphy vs Nese, Kofi vs Bryan all have potential to be great, the main will of course be good if you're into it. Zero interest in seeing HHH or Brock. Rest of the matches could be off any random Raw/SD episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

I know the build to most matches has been rubbish but im really looking forward to mania love this weekend:))

So I haven't heard anywhere over the past couple weeks, but anyone know what the main event will be?

So if Triple H wins tonight and remains an active wrestler what should his future manias consist of given his age

ideas would be Evolution vs the undisputed Era and in his retirement match vs Cena or maybe one of his NXT favourites

CastorTroy wrote:
    So I haven't heard anywhere over the past couple weeks, but anyone know what the main event will be?

Revival VS Hawkins/Ryder I last heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’m trying to fall asleep for a bit because If I don’t I probably won’t stay awake
    For the event later tonight. I am lucky in that I’m not working tomorrow but I’m tired to the point of needing to sleep but can’t sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Working tomorrow so will try to sleep from 8 to 11 to keep going really want to see hopefully Becky’s moment live

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Will prob just watch bits of the preshow , working tomorrow so will watch a bit during my break and then the rest when im home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought more Irish sites, media and tv etc., would have mentioned it considering Becky is in the main event

• Advertisement

I'm sure if Becky wins, it'll be the headline in the sports or entertainment sections. Which means I won't be on any site that may spoil it tomorrow until I get to see it. I've a feeling I'll be spoiled anyway

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm sure if Becky wins, it'll be the headline in the sports or entertainment sections. Which means I won't be on any site that may spoil it tomorrow until I get to see it. I've a feeling I'll be spoiled anyway

Im in the same boat , ive blocked joe.ie and joe.co.uk for tomorrow so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Amazing Bryan promo starting at 19:50 in this video. Kills it for 5 minutes straight.

Im in the same boat , ive blocked joe.ie and joe.co.uk for tomorrow so far

I know there are ones at work that may mention it on conversation as usually happens when you see an Irish person winning something on the news. Think I might try and get up early and watch the main event, then watch the rest later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

cena wrote: »
    Anyone here gone over

Bro, I've been over for years.

I gave in. Did what I've done every year for the past 5. Said I wouldn't watch live, and now I've caved in and booked tomorrow off.

Have to head for town shortly to get junk food ready!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I say everyone wants this to be a great show. But what 7 hours all in of wrestling?
    It's usually a long slog.

It won't feel so long if you only watch 5 hours :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It won't feel so long if you only watch 5 hours :pac:

And miss the in-ring debut of those SNL guys?
    Not an option :pac:

• Advertisement

ThePott wrote: »
    And miss the in-ring debut of those SNL guys?
    Not an option :pac:

I'll be getting every thing ready for the main show at that time.

Advertisement