Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 35 Thread * Spoilers* (*No Betting Talk*)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pre show will be a delayed watch on youtube at most for me.

Do you think they'll go with XPac's idea of naming it the Chyna memorial Battle Royal? Not this year, but next. Or would the same reasons stop that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

CastorTroy wrote:
    Do you think they'll go with XPac's idea of naming it the Chyna memorial Battle Royal? Not this year, but next. Or would the same reasons stop that?

Nope. They've done their thing for her now, I'd say Trips and Steph will have no more mention of her tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necro wrote: »
    Nope. They've done their thing for her now, I'd say Trips and Steph will have no more mention of her tbh.

I think she deserves HOF entry on her own merit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'll be getting every thing ready for the main show at that time.

Infinitely the better option

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ThePott wrote: »
    Infinitely the better option

Method in my madness :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

What would you guys start the main show off with I’m thinking the fatal 4 way tag as it’ll be fast paced action packed or Roman/drew

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »
    What would you guys start the main show off with I’m thinking the fatal 4 way tag as it’ll be fast paced action packed or Roman/drew

Intercontinental championship match.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2luci88.jpg

Kurt/Corbin, that way it's done and won't have to look forward to see later in the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I don't really want it to happen but could actually see Bryan/Kofi opening. Would really get the crowd pumped.

The last few years have been multi man matches as the opener so it probably will be the tag 4 way

• Advertisement

What I'd prefer?

Women's triple threat so I don't have to stew over the result. Yep, I'm selfish :pac:

It'll probably be the tag team match or Roman/Drew though.

9.10pm feel sleepy already. Feck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Loughc wrote: »

What time the first match?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'll be honest I don't know if I can do 5 hour main show let alone the 7 hours with the pre show.

Which fatal for way? :)
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Kurt/Corbin, that way it's done and won't have to look forward to see later in the show.

Read that quickly as Kurt Cobain. Now that would be a big surprise.

I'd say it could be the women's tag. That way the women bookend the show and gives Nattie time to get backstage and get ready for the HoF segment

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Same. Will need a fair amount of coffee. Trying to go for a power nap but can't sleep.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    What time the first match?:)

1st pre show match normally starts at 10:30

Got my power nap in thankfully, just waiting on takeaway now. Should be able to blast through until show finish now.... probably.

Got my power nap in thankfully, just waiting on takeaway now. Should be able to blast through until show finish now.... probably.

It'll be a slog to get through 7 hours, I wish you good luck..

I on the other hand, am gonna be finishing off university assignments until right before midnight... Yet here I am procrastinating instead of finishing off said assignments :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Power nap time

• Advertisement

Keep thinking about this and how things might have been different for Kofi but for Orton's hissy fit.

vb171A.gif?w=1000

Glad he's getting his shot tonight but this kinda derailed him the last time he had a real top tier feud and he got stuck in the midcard mire as a result.

One of the reasons I quite dislike Orton actually.

What happened that time? I remember hearing before but can't remember now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What happened that time? I remember hearing before but can't remember now.

He landed wrong on Ortons dodgy shoulder

It was an over the top reaction by Randy, a mistake by Kofi, and the demotion on the card was too harsh, nobody came out better for it

Preshow has started

Fooking Sam Roberts. Seriously how does this douche have a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

2 hours of Sam Roberts.

Suffering Christ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sam Roberts is hard on the eyes and has an even more grating voice.

J. Marston wrote: »
    2 hours of Sam Roberts.

Suffering Christ...

Doing a good job of having me switch over entirely till 12.

But should be able to deal with it presuming there's a few matches on the preshow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

He landed wrong on Ortons dodgy shoulder

It was an over the top reaction by Randy, a mistake by Kofi, and the demotion on the card was too harsh, nobody came out better for it

I thought it was because Randy was trying to introduce the punt kick when he was a heel and Kofi wouldn't or forgot to get into position for it.

Orton kept trying to get him posistion for it and Kofi wouldn't stay in the posistion so Orton had no choice but to give him the RKO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

upinsmoke wrote: »
    I thought it was because Randy was trying to introduce the punt kick when he was a heel and Kofi wouldn't or forgot to get into position for it.

Could well be, he does seem to react right after the move as opposed to before it, could be a bit of both

If you look at almost every rko in recent years, the person taking it lands well away from Randy unlike Kofi who came down on his shoulder in that gif

Just mute the pre-show, that way you won't have to listen to Sam Roberts.

Simples :pac:

Even Paige seems like she doesn't like him.

4 matches on the pre-show, maybe it won't be as interminable as I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So Orton basically jobbed out Kofi politically cause of his shoulder fear. He also got Kennedy fired years ago. Doesn't come off as a nice bloke, does he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

Apparently it's Orton and Styles opening the main show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I love Big E so much.

So Orton basically jobbed out Kofi politically cause of his shoulder fear. He also got Kennedy fired years ago. Doesn't come off as a nice bloke, does he?

He's a horrible C U Next Tuesday imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

They are so ****in good.

I still see Bryan going over.

He's a horrible C U Next Tuesday imo.

I would agree. I know, I know I never met the man. Just from what I have heard of him and seen him in interviews outside of WWE he does come off as a dick.

A rich dick of course.

• Advertisement

Are the wrestlers entering mid-ramp?

Seems like Nese and Murphy just literally appeared out of nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Yeah and why did the champ go first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

It was because he didn't get in position for the punt kick. He's an arsehole, plenty of info online about his antics. A complete bully

Both these guys are pretty big for cruiserweights... seems like we're gonna get the promos through the matches. Kinda stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The promo during the match is so unnecessary :p

Are the wrestlers entering mid-ramp?

Seems like Nese and Murphy just literally appeared out of nowhere.

That's just cause they don't want preshow matches to have big long entrances. Save that for the main show.
    Also saves time.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Yeah and why did the champ go first

God I hope that isn't going to be the case for the whole night.
    Really anticlimactic entrances if they just appear in the middle of the ramp.

I think in kayfabe the idea is that the champion gets to decide who goes out first but that might just be how they save face.

Saves time on the pre-show but they have 2 hours to kill ffs

God I hope that isn't going to be the case for the whole night.
    Really anticlimactic entrances if they just appear in the middle of the ramp.

I think in kayfabe the idea is that the champion gets to decide who goes out first but that might just be how they save face.

That's just cause they don't want preshow matches to have big long entrances. Save that for the main show.
    Also saves time.

Nah, I think BA summed it up nicely. Makes sense for the pre-show not to have huge entrances.

Although I suspect Braun will get the full shebang for the Battle Royale.

The cruiserweight division does absolutely nothing for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I see Kane-N-Ite front and centre there in the front row

• Advertisement
Advertisement