Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission for a houseboat

Options
  • 23-01-2019 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all. I am considering building a houseboat due to high monthly rent costs. My idea may seem crazy regarding what I plan but I would appreciate any help with people that may have either experienced the planning regarding this or people that may be involved in the planning end of rules and regulations in Ireland. I have my own site and the idea would be to dig out a site sized plot to say 5/6 foot deep and fill with water, sealed obviously to eliminate seepage. Probably go for full high spec solar panels. Chemical waste toilets and filtered water storage. And build a single story liveable dwelling on high density flotation base. So any info regarding planning for this would be appreciated because it may be possible to legally get this achieved. I have not yet contacted any Co Co Council yet regarding this
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement