Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiber rollout stopping one house before mine, anything I can do?

• 23-01-2019 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hello all,
    According to the fiber rollout map on fiberrollout.ie, the network is stopping one house before mine, and I would love to have FTTH installed,  is there any way I can make a case to Eir to extend the service one more house to mine?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hello all,
    According to the fiber rollout map on fiberrollout.ie, the network is stopping one house before mine, and I would love to have FTTH installed,  is there any way I can make a case to Eir to extend the service one more house to mine?
    Hi Phil MaCrackin, 

Details of all the broadband plans that are available can be found here 

If fibre is not available at your address this link will tell you what broadband is available at your address. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Phil MaCrackin

Hi Grainne, 
    That wasn't exactly what I was asking.

I want to know is there any appeal process I can avail of to have the FTTH service extended one more house to my property, because I need fibre capacity.
    Is there an office I can contact within Eir, or do I contact a politician or what do I do?
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Hi Grainne, 
    That wasn't exactly what I was asking.

I want to know is there any appeal process I can avail of to have the FTTH service extended one more house to my property, because I need fibre capacity.
    Is there an office I can contact within Eir, or do I contact a politician or what do I do?
    Thanks!

Is the area live yet i.e. do any of your neighbours Eircodes pass on the link given by Grainne? If the area is live and you have not been included and you are beyond the end of the cable then you are out of luck. You will not be added.

If the area is not live your only hope is that they may have extended their planned build to include you. The map is not totally accurate and thousands of premises have been included that were not due according to the map.

Yes! the area is live, and all the houses along the road 'passes' on the eircode checker, its just the service stops one house before mine :(
    Do you know if they will ever be extending the service I wonder? Or are we forever left in the cold on the poorer service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Complain is all you can do OP.

We should be getting fiber in the next couple of months because a neighbor complained to our local TD and everyone else who would listen.

Fiber stopped two doors up from me (actually quite a distance over quarter of a mile) and the next house that wasn't on the list had also complained previously managed to get connected so it seems its worth complaining.

• Advertisement

Yes! the area is live, and all the houses along the road 'passes' on the eircode checker, its just the service stops one house before mine :(
    Do you know if they will ever be extending the service I wonder? Or are we forever left in the cold on the poorer service?

National Broadband Plan is your best bet I'm afraid and that is not likely to start soon. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

National Broadband Plan is your best bet I'm afraid and that is not likely to start soon. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    Will NBP bring fiber too, or is that going to be some stop gap service like wireless or god forbid more copper?  I really need the fiber service for what I do..

Will NBP bring fiber too, or is that going to be some stop gap service like wireless or god forbid more copper?  I really need the fiber service for what I do..

The plan is predominantly FTTH with some wireless perhaps for remote properties. Hopefully a decision is made by Government soon to give people clarity on their future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi Phil MaCrackin, 

COuld you PM the following details: 
    Your Name, Address, Landline Number and your eircode. 

I will check with the team if there is anything that we can do. 

Grainne

Advertisement