Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 days sim only half price

• 23-01-2019 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi there, i am currently an eir broadband and tv customer. I have 13 months left in my contract. I was wondering if I could avail of this sim only half price plan please/ I am currently on eir prepay so would be looking to keep same number? I believe if you are already a broadband customer it is 9.99 a month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

SSeanSS wrote: »
    Hi there, i am currently an eir broadband and tv customer. I have 13 months left in my contract. I was wondering if I could avail of this sim only half price plan please/ I am currently on eir prepay so would be looking to keep same number? I believe if you are already a broadband customer it is 9.99 a month?
    Hi SSeanSS
    Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

In order to add one of our sim only plans to your current bundle you would need to contact our customer care team directly on 1901, they would be more than happy to help you with this.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SSeanSS

Hi there, so i called and they directed my to loyalty team on 1800303458 . They said that i was currently on a good package with my broadband (it was half price for first 12 months and full price thereafter) and am not entitled to 9.99 a month mobile? . While i realise this is a good discount in broadband it does say online " €9.99 for six months for eir broadband customers, €19.99 thereafter. Limited time only!"  . Are Eir going to honour this or is it a case of false advertising?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

Hi there, so i called and they directed my to loyalty team on 1800303458 . They said that i was currently on a good package with my broadband (it was half price for first 12 months and full price thereafter) and am not entitled to 9.99 a month mobile? . While i realise this is a good discount in broadband it does say online " €9.99 for six months for eir broadband customers, €19.99 thereafter. Limited time only!"  . Are Eir going to honour this or is it a case of false advertising?
    Hi SSeanSS.

If you could PM me the following details I will look into this for you.

-Account number.

-Name on the account.

-Address.

-Date of birth.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Hi 
    I am on a half price broadband contract too. when I went to add the sim only mobile plan I noticed this at the end.

Just one more thing
    By adding mobile to your current eir bundle, you may need to upgrade your current home phone and broadband plan. You are also agreeing to sign up to an 18 month home phone and broadband contract

Is this true? If so then this is a very sneaky way of doing things. This should have been mentioned up front before entering all the order/bank/credit card details.

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    Hi 
    I am on a half price broadband contract too. when I went to add the sim only mobile plan I noticed this at the end.

Just one more thing
    By adding mobile to your current eir bundle, you may need to upgrade your current home phone and broadband plan. You are also agreeing to sign up to an 18 month home phone and broadband contract

Is this true? If so then this is a very sneaky way of doing things. This should have been mentioned up front before entering all the order/bank/credit card details.
    I signed up online too and didn't change my original contract, i still have 12 months left and next 6 are still half price

• Advertisement

I signed up online too and didn't change my original contract, i still have 12 months left and next 6 are still half price
    Are you sure? I went in to a shop today and was told the same thing as I saw online.
    The guy in the shop said the only way to add the discounted mobile plan to a broadband bundle without commiting to a new contract is to call the loyalty dept.

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    Are you sure? I went in to a shop today and was told the same thing as I saw online.
    The guy in the shop said the only way to add the discounted mobile plan to a broadband bundle without commiting to a new contract is to call the loyalty dept.
    yep positive, got email from eir to confirm :

Here are the details of your new eir service

Bundle Name: eir Complete Broadband, Phone, 4G Mobile & TV

Your Bundle Includes: eir Talk Unlimited National, Mobile & UK
    eir Fibre
    eir Vision Essential
    eir Mobile Connect - 30 Day

Contract Length: 12 Months

Thanks for confirming.
    I am just on a basic broadband/off peak phone package. Maybe thats the difference.

Advertisement