Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues contacting someone on cancellation team

• 23-01-2019 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I have been attempting to contact someone on the cancellations team regarding cancelling a contract for a mobile web dongle that ended on 24th April 2015.

- I started with the webchat, but the bot told me I had to dial 1901.
     - 1901 told me that my account didn't exist
     - I attempted to contact via email however there is no email given on the website and the contact us form is not functional.
     - Found an older board where they said to dial 1800 504 110, but this number told me the same (that my account didn't exist)
     - I went to a local Eir store, and the rep told me that as it was a dongle I had to dial 1905. This number gave me no option for cancelling, and when I went to billing told me to go to the web chat to talk to a rep.
     - I redialled 1905, and without selecting any options eventually got put through a rep, who told me that he would transfer me to the cancellations team and gave me a number for them in case I didn't have time to call them straight away. He then transferred my call, which was automatically disconnected before I could talk to someone.
     - I dialed the cancellation number (1800 303 456) 11 times according to my call log, and have yet to even be put on hold, as all the lines are busy all the time.

Can any Eir rep on this board let me know another way I can cancel my expired contract please?
    Preferably you can cancel it and confirm with me, or provide an Email address where I can keep a record of what is sent.

Thanks for your help,

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Disco Damo

Trying to call 1800 303 458 now as I saw someone get through with this number on a previous thread.
    First call was on hold for 40 minutes, currently on the second for nearly an hour.

Can someone let me know if there is any other way to cancel this contract please?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Liongard82

It used to be available on online chat but I tried it today and NO ONE could help.  

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Disco Damo

Just got through after being on hold for over an hour at the number above, got it cancelled finally. Maybe try that if you have the time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

OP fire this all off to consumerline@comreg.ie and ask if they can advise on what else you need to do to cancel with Eir?

Point out that you are forced to contact comreg because Eir can't be contacted in anyway to allow you to cancel.

If enough people raise similar complaints with comreg they may actually get around to doing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Disco Damo wrote: »
    Just got through after being on hold for over an hour at the number above, got it cancelled finally. Maybe try that if you have the time?
    Hi Disco Damo, 

Thanks for letting us know you got through. Sorry to hear you are cancelling your account. 

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Liongard82 wrote: »
    It used to be available on online chat but I tried it today and NO ONE could help.  
    Hi there Liongard82,

I am sorry to hear that you could not get the assistance you required. Unfortunately, we are unable to process cancellation request via our Social Media channels. The only way to cancel your account or a part of your service with us is to contact our Customer Care department on 1901.

For more information on our cancellation policies click here.

I wish I had better news.

~Kellie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Liongard82 wrote: »
    Hi there Liongard82,

I wish I had better news.

~Kellie
    Don't we all wish you had. :D

Advertisement