Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GUI Number

Options
  • 23-01-2019 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

When you move clubs does your GUI number move with you?

I've just joined a new club and they've given me a new GUI so when I login now to golfnet all my previous history is now gone. Is this normal? Should they have transferred my old number to the new club?

FYI - My GUI hadn't expired, I was active in old club until Dec 31 this year and joined new club in Jan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yeah, it's always a new one.

The first 4 digits of it represent your club, so it will always require a new one to be generated

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭davegilly

Yeah, it's always a new one.

The first 4 digits of it represent your club, so it will always require a new one to be generated
    Thanks. .

Bit stupid you can't transfer your playing history as well though - for the data geeks among us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

davegilly wrote: »
    Thanks. .

Bit stupid you can't transfer your playing history as well though - for the data geeks among us!!

I think you can actually
    some thread on it here before.
    if you can't find it or if nobody pops up with a solution, might be worth dropping the GUI a mail on it

BTW your OP is a bit confusing because I think you mean 31 Dec last year, not this year

Seve OB wrote: »
    I think you mean 31 Dec last year, not this year
    I did!

Seve OB wrote: »
    I think you can actually
    some thread on it here before.
    if you can't find it or if nobody pops up with a solution, might be worth dropping the GUI a mail on it

Contacted support at the GUI and they had it done in a few seconds. Thanks a mill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

davegilly wrote: »
    Contacted support at the GUI and they had it done in a few seconds. Thanks a mill.

nice one

Advertisement