Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goalsaver A/c - Interest Calculation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

1dave123 wrote: »
    Hi there 

Bonkers.ie seems to be suggesting that if your account balance exceeds €14,999 then the whole balance receives interest of 0.25% p.a. 

https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-savings-accounts/bank-of-ireland/AC46HY/goal-saver-0-14999-bank-of-ireland-current-account-required/

This is incorrect as far as I can tell. Can you advise. 

My understanding is that if say your balance is €20000 then the interest will be 

1.35% on 1st 15,000
    0.25% on the remainder of €5,000

Can u confirm - thank u.

Hi 1dave123,

Thanks for contacting us here today.

As you correctly mentioned, the bonus interest rate is available on the balance up to €15000 any amount above this earns the lower interest rate. Going above the €15000 will not cause you to loss the bonus interest rate.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭1dave123

1dave123 wrote: »
    Hi there 

Bonkers.ie seems to be suggesting that if your account balance exceeds €14,999 then the whole balance receives interest of 0.25% p.a. 

https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-savings-accounts/bank-of-ireland/AC46HY/goal-saver-0-14999-bank-of-ireland-current-account-required/

This is incorrect as far as I can tell. Can you advise. 

My understanding is that if say your balance is €20000 then the interest will be 

1.35% on 1st 15,000
    0.25% on the remainder of €5,000

Can u confirm - thank u.

Hi 1dave123,

Thanks for contacting us here today.

As you correctly mentioned, the bonus interest rate is available on the balance up to €15000 any amount above this earns the lower interest rate. Going above the €15000 will not cause you to loss the bonus interest rate.

Thanks
    Tara
    Thank you

Advertisement