Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munich connection time

• 23-01-2019 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi,

I just want to ask is 50 mins ok for connecting international flight to Canada through Munich from Dublin with Lufthansa?

Apologies if this has been asked before but can’t find a similar thread.

Many thanks!

Comments

Should be fine, the last time I was in Munich I had 50 mins, but my first flight was delayed. I was on the bus from plane to airport with only 30 mins to my next flight! I ran, but I made it, & they managed to transfer my bags also!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

the minimum needed for a transfer is only a half hour and you have 80% more time than that, and youre flying non-schengen to non-schengen and from a european airport (with functioning security checks) so you dont have to do any passport check or security, just change plane. You should make the connection relatively easy.

In other airports like Geneva, Zurich or Frankfurt (Heathrow too possibly) they sometimes needlessly do a security check on you as you change plane depending on where the incoming plane dumps you, but thankfully thats never an issue in Munich.

Also, if you're late and the departing plane is still there, because they are organised (and also arent so keen on incurring hotel costs and compensation) a member of staff will meet you at the top of the tunnel from the plane and bring you to the other gate. If the other plane is especially far away, they might even meet you at the door of your plane and have a car below waiting to bring you straight to the steps of the other plane.

Still, if youre not in a rush you could get an earlier flight and just go to the airport microbrewery Airbrau for the few hours! (Only €2.80 a pint so a cheap way to pass the time!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭davepatr07

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

I flew to Munich 6 times (4 of which were connections ex-Europe) last year and it depends if your connection is booked on one ticket or not. If it is, you will probably be OK as they will wait for you and organise fast track if needed to the next plane (as mentioned, they would put you on a bus or car, for instance).

If not, very unlikely you will make it. Security getting in can take 10 to 50 minutes. Munich is not a small airport and it took me from security another 15 minutes to get out (with no baggage).

Also, even if you have one booking you may not be lucky. Second time I was making an international connection, the path to connecting flights was not open so I had to go through security getting out and then go in again through security.

I always take a least 2 hours for connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

I flew to Munich 6 times (4 of which were connections ex-Europe) last year and it depends if your connection is booked on one ticket or not. If it is, you will probably be OK as they will wait for you and organise fast track if needed to the next plane (as mentioned, they would put you on a bus or car, for instance).

If not, very unlikely you will make it. Security getting in can take 10 to 50 minutes. Munich is not a small airport and it took me from security another 15 minutes to get out (with no baggage).

Also, even if you have one booking you may not be lucky. Second time I was making an international connection, the path to connecting flights was not open so I had to go through security getting out and then go in again through security.

I always take a least 2 hours for connections.

• Advertisement
Advertisement