Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS: Estimated Wait time....30 minutes

• 23-01-2019 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

I need to contact customer service to change my bank details.
    This can be done online for all banks except KBC (NO idea why)
    On hold with customer service and have been advised the wait time will be 30 minutes. WOW

It will be easier for me to just get the bank to cancel the direct debit and wait for Eir to ring me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Agreed. I want to give my 30 days notice, and they will only do it over the phone.

I work 9 to 6ish Monday to Friday, and I don't get much break time, and they only open Monday to Friday, 9 to 6. Chat is worthless.

They can't even swap my plan - I don't have time to waste on this, I'm just going to port off to another sim only plan elsewhere.

How to Lose Business 101 - don't provide alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

chrislad wrote: »
    Agreed. I want to give my 30 days notice, and they will only do it over the phone.

I work 9 to 6ish Monday to Friday, and I don't get much break time, and they only open Monday to Friday, 9 to 6. Chat is worthless.

They can't even swap my plan - I don't have time to waste on this, I'm just going to port off to another sim only plan elsewhere.

Assuming they can't accept a letter stating you want to cancel - I guess that would be too easy.

I lasted 10 minutes with the terrible on hold music - life is too short to be on left on hold

Assuming they can't accept a letter stating you want to cancel - I guess that would be too easy.

I lasted 10 minutes with the terrible on hold music - life is too short to be on left on hold
    Nope, only way, according to the chat, is over the phone. I don't even want to cancel, just go onto a lower plan as I'm out of contract on the 21st. 

As things stand now, it's easier for me to just port to anyone else on a sim only on the 21st, than keep on hold for this shower.

Its a trek alright - if you knew you could get through to customer services within a couple of minutes that's acceptable but for the automated message to state a 30 minute waiting time and I would guess it would actually be longer if you didn't get cut off - it's just laughable 

Said I'd ring on my walk home. Apparently, they are closed now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Rang in before 5, was told 30 minutes.. grand. After five minutes the auto message changed to tell me the call center was closed and it hung up.
    This is a modern company and they close the call center at 5pm..
    GTFO!

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Rang in before 5, was told 30 minutes.. grand. After five minutes the auto message changed to tell me the call center was closed and it hung up.
    GTFO!
    Fairly poor alright considering the amount of people that don't finish work until 5:30 and this is the only time they get to make a call - who wants to spend 30 mins on hold during their limited lunch break. 

Ah screw this, I'm just porting to Virgins sim only deal. Not worth the hassle or the wait time.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭lanciadub

am currently in work on hold with Eir on 2 seperate phones ,  one is on hold over an hour and the other 25 minutes so far 

Tey are a joke 

lanciadub wrote: »
    am currently in work on hold with Eir on 2 seperate phones ,  one is on hold over an hour and the other 25 minutes so far 

Tey are a joke 
    I like your two pronged approach. It's the only option. Alot of similar utility companies have upped their game in recent months but Eir seems to be lagging behind massively. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭lanciadub

Tey are a joke 
    I like your two pronged approach. It's the only option. Alot of similar utility companies have upped their game in recent months but Eir seems to be lagging behind massively. 
    I dont think it matters how many phones i use to be honest ..

might as well be ringing the moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

I need to contact customer service to change my bank details.
    This can be done online for all banks except KBC (NO idea why)
    On hold with customer service and have been advised the wait time will be 30 minutes. WOW

It will be easier for me to just get the bank to cancel the direct debit and wait for Eir to ring me.
     Hi magic_murph, 

If you log into your my eir account you can change your direct debit. When you log in on the home screen you can click edit on payment method and you can update your bank account. 

Unfortunately, at the moment it is not possible to set up your direct debit with KBC bank. 

Grainne

Nope, only way, according to the chat, is over the phone. I don't even want to cancel, just go onto a lower plan as I'm out of contract on the 21st. 

As things stand now, it's easier for me to just port to anyone else on a sim only on the 21st, than keep on hold for this shower.
    Its a trek alright - if you knew you could get through to customer services within a couple of minutes that's acceptable but for the automated message to state a 30 minute waiting time and I would guess it would actually be longer if you didn't get cut off - it's just laughable 
    Said I'd ring on my walk home. Apparently, they are closed now
    ewj1978 wrote: »
    GTFO!
    Fairly poor alright considering the amount of people that don't finish work until 5:30 and this is the only time they get to make a call - who wants to spend 30 mins on hold during their limited lunch break. 
    Ah screw this, I'm just porting to Virgins sim only deal. Not worth the hassle or the wait time.

Tey are a joke 
    I dont think it matters how many phones i use to be honest ..

might as well be ringing the moon
    Hi All, 

Details on how to cancel your account can be found here 

Grainne

I can't set up a direct debit for KBC but I can give my KBC card details and use that as payment method which is essentially the same thing. 

Advertisement