Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch/GBC Pokemon Comparison.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

sligeach wrote: »
    This one picture shows how much Nintendo systems have improved in the last 20 years

https://www.businessinsider.com/nintendo-switch-vs-game-boy-color-pokemon-2019-1

Their handhelds have come a long way in 20 years.
    but the switch isn't solely a handheld

Primarily a home console

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't get him started. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

but the switch isn't solely a handheld

Primarily a home console

Its more a comparison of Pokemon Yellow to Lets go and the same quote featuring in both.
    In some ways its become a lot less portable as the old gameboy's could take a beating, the GBC had much better battery life (at a financial cost) and the controls would never be out of sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

ERG89 wrote: »
    Its more a comparison of Pokemon Yellow to Lets go and the same quote featuring in both.
    In some ways its become a lot less portable as the old gameboy's could take a beating, the GBC had much better battery life (at a financial cost) and the controls would never be out of sync.

You could use rechargeable batteries and at least you can change the batteries on the GBC. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

GBC games look terrible on an unmodded GBC though.
    Stick them in a GBA:SP ags101 and it's a different story.
    Better again via flash cart and emulation on a GB:Micro.

Best Gameboy has to be the Pocket though.

• Advertisement

You could use rechargeable batteries and at least you can change the batteries on the GBC. :p

You could just buy a powerbank or one of the many powerful battery cases available

It really is an excellent console

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/22/nintendo-switch-outsells-ps4-xbox-one/amp/

Best selling console of 2018, I don't normally post stuff but i feel this thread needs a bit of balance:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Did you know that a hoop and a stick don't even need batteries?

Did you know that a hoop and a stick don't even need batteries?

Unless the hoop and the stick have vibration built in 😂

Warning N/A any more.

• Advertisement

I see ark is listed to be released for the switch

That is gonna run like ****e i reckon

Tge ps4 pro version is awful, same with the one x and have played it on a 1500 euro pc that struggled to get it running well

How would the switch cope with it

Where have you been? It's already out and it's been roundly slated. You can buy it in Argos for €50 but you may as well burn that money.

Edit: I think you missed my point on the last page. The battery in the Switch can't be changed, so whereas you can still use AA batteries easily today on the Gameboy range, in 20 years time, the Switch is going to run into an issue that the Gameboy doesn’t have. I'm not interested in a debate, I'm done with the matter now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

:cool:
    Where have you been? It's already out and it's been roundly slated. You can buy it in Argos for €50 but you may as well burn that money.

Edit: I think you missed my point on the last page. The battery in the Switch can't be changed, so whereas you can still use AA batteries easily today on the Gameboy range, in 20 years time, the Switch is going to run into an issue that the Gameboy doesn’t have. I'm not interested in a debate, I'm done with the matter now.
    isn't it convenient your done with the matter after you've had your say:rolleyes: they still make stuff for the snes surely some third party with be making switch batteries in 20 years. Now the matter is closed, the debate is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

That’s fair enough but if you are going to post that info, I think it’s equally fair enough for someone to give their opinion on it without it been an issue.

I see ark is listed to be released for the switch

That is gonna run like ****e i reckon

Tge ps4 pro version is awful, same with the one x and have played it on a 1500 euro pc that struggled to get it running well

How would the switch cope with it

Where have you been locked up? :D

• tony1980 wrote: »
    That’s fair enough but if you are going to post that info, I think it’s equally fair enough for someone to give their opinion on it without it been an issue.

He gives enough "opinions" about the Switch himself

Hypocrisy thy name

Obviously not interested in a debate because you are so wrong and i would school you on the subject

But i know you are not interested in a debate

Take a sly dig and walk away

Good lad yourself

iamtony wrote: »
    :cool:isn't it convenient your done with the matter after you've had your say:rolleyes: they still make stuff for the snes surely some third party with be making switch batteries in 20 years. Now the matter is closed, the debate is over!

Again, you're missing my point. Mr E made a post about moving on from the GBC discussion:
    Mr E wrote: »
    OK move on from the GBC chat please. This thread is for Switch News and Releases. :)

I didn't see any of the responses until today when I made my comment. I just wanted to clarify a point I made yesterday before moving on and was saying I'm not getting bogged down in a debate on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,113 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Again, you're missing my point. Mr E made a post about moving on from the GBC discussion:

I didn't see any of the responses until today when I made my comment. I just wanted to clarify a point I made yesterday before moving on and was saying I'm not getting bogged down in a debate on the matter.

If you saw Mr E warning why did you still post about the Game Boy? You should have just dropped it like everyone else had.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you saw Mr E warning why did you still post about the Game Boy? You should have just dropped it like everyone else had.

I explained why. I clarified a point I made yesterday that seemed to have been picked up wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,113 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I explained why. I clarified a point I made yesterday that seemed to have been picked up wrong.

You didn't need to clear anything up though, nobody really cared. The conversation had moved on and you blatantly ignored a mod warning.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

No more GBC talk PLEASE.

That’s fair enough and he is entitled to clarify a point, it’s also fair for others to have an opinion on it though, not everybody has to agree, nor is there a need for an argument from him or them if they don’t agree. It seems to be a very sensitive matter when anyone disagrees with Sligeach in here!

Edit: Anyway, back to Game news and releases now, apologies!

After multiple reported posts, I've decided to move this discussion out to its own thread.

Chat away if you want.

So the switch is as useful as a gamboy colour without rechargeable batteries i hear

M

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

So the switch is as useful as a gamboy colour without rechargeable batteries i hear

And so it was decreed, let us never think we know better again.

Never had a gameboy colour, went from the original gameboy to the purple advance, then a Micro which was fantastic but alas, was not powered by double or triple A batteries.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a nonsensical comparison and you only give the nonsense fuel and oxygen by making a comment.

Equally no one, bar the moderators of this forum, can call a halt to a discussion.
    And there's no quicker way to inflame people by telling them that a debate is over.

That would be backseat modding and a person can be warned/infracted for same.

Could everyone keep this in mind before rules are applied.

And drop this nonsensical discussion please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement