Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account not active and continue to be billed?

• 23-01-2019 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm hoping that the someone from the eir team can help and those of you unfortunate enough to be trying to get out of an eir contract will learn.

Let me explain, the story so far....

All through Nov-18 I tried continuously to call support so I could discontinue my eir account ( Note I have been with Eir nearly 5 years - didn't have any issues cause I never had to contact.)

So in desperation, I went the old fashioned way and sent in a letter to cancel the account, 
    the letter, registered and confirmed as delivered by An Post on the 29th Nov.
    I thought happy days, 
    As we don't actually use the phone other than for slow band, I thought
    I'll get a final bill in December, as my account runs from 19th of each month, it will be only an additional 10 days to pay...  What a Muppet I was....

Next bill arrives via email on 19th Dec. - Guess what, no confirmation of account cancellation, or final bill

Now they have got the first extra month, well 25 days extra to be pedantic..

So, I called Eir, and got through on Christmas eve, well happy Christmas to me..

so the first person, couldn't help me as he couldn't access our account as we were on an Old system .....
    then I had callback and while the next person was helpful, he could only cancel the account from that day.
    I told the support person that I had cancelled Direct debit, as I had no faith in their ability to honor their side of the contract when they ignore registered letters.
    So, that was cleared up and I thought ok, I'll get a final bill now in Jan and it will be sorted....

January bill arrives and it has Line rental from 19th Jan to 18th Feb.
    Not a final bill as expected,

Now they have got the second month, or 50 days with the bill for an inactive account continuing to run.

and the real kicker

as the account is marked as no longer active, I cannot call to discuss with Eir support as the phone or account number are not recognized, so even if I wanted to talk to discuss I can't

Along with the 15 euros charged for DD non payment, there is another monthly Line rental an additional 38.20, along with the Dec-19 bill, and what should have been 
    approx 25 euros of a final bill (DEC-19th + 10 days)
    is now 114 euros and still not a final bill (Dec-19th + Jan 19th- (Feb Line rental!)

What to do now.
    When you can't call, as the account is no longer active, (when you call their support to discuss the bill your account is not recognized)

and the web chat person  is "Don't worry, connect with us when you have a final bill,"

Completely Mystified 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Giz1007 wrote: »
    I'm hoping that the someone from the eir team can help and those of you unfortunate enough to be trying to get out of an eir contract will learn.

Let me explain, the story so far....

All through Nov-18 I tried continuously to call support so I could discontinue my eir account ( Note I have been with Eir nearly 5 years - didn't have any issues cause I never had to contact.)

So in desperation, I went the old fashioned way and sent in a letter to cancel the account, 
    the letter, registered and confirmed as delivered by An Post on the 29th Nov.
    I thought happy days, 
    As we don't actually use the phone other than for slow band, I thought
    I'll get a final bill in December, as my account runs from 19th of each month, it will be only an additional 10 days to pay...  What a Muppet I was....

Next bill arrives via email on 19th Dec. - Guess what, no confirmation of account cancellation, or final bill

Now they have got the first extra month, well 25 days extra to be pedantic..

So, I called Eir, and got through on Christmas eve, well happy Christmas to me..

so the first person, couldn't help me as he couldn't access our account as we were on an Old system .....
    then I had callback and while the next person was helpful, he could only cancel the account from that day.
    I told the support person that I had cancelled Direct debit, as I had no faith in their ability to honor their side of the contract when they ignore registered letters.
    So, that was cleared up and I thought ok, I'll get a final bill now in Jan and it will be sorted....

January bill arrives and it has Line rental from 19th Jan to 18th Feb.
    Not a final bill as expected,

Now they have got the second month, or 50 days with the bill for an inactive account continuing to run.

and the real kicker

as the account is marked as no longer active, I cannot call to discuss with Eir support as the phone or account number are not recognized, so even if I wanted to talk to discuss I can't

Along with the 15 euros charged for DD non payment, there is another monthly Line rental an additional 38.20, along with the Dec-19 bill, and what should have been 
    approx 25 euros of a final bill (DEC-19th + 10 days)
    is now 114 euros and still not a final bill (Dec-19th + Jan 19th- (Feb Line rental!)

What to do now.
    When you can't call, as the account is no longer active, (when you call their support to discuss the bill your account is not recognized)

and the web chat person  is "Don't worry, connect with us when you have a final bill,"

Completely Mystified 
    Hi Giz1007, 

Sorry to hear your account was not cancelled when you requested it. 

Could you PM the following details? 
    1. Account Number
    2. Registered Name
    3. Registered Address
    4. Landline Number
    5. Are you the Account Holder?

Could you also PM the address that you posted your letter to and I will follow this up? 

Grainne

Advertisement