Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow 4G speeds

• 23-01-2019 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

Any reason for the huge drop off in speeds from EIR? I'm in Blanch and the coverage and speeds have been good up until a few weeks ago. See image. Crazy slow and unusable

Anyone else seeing this or can Eir advise of an issue?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Hi there,

Any reason for the huge drop off in speeds from EIR? I'm in Blanch and the coverage and speeds have been good up until a few weeks ago. See image. Crazy slow and unusable

Anyone else seeing this or can Eir advise of an issue?

Thanks
    Hi KERSPLAT, 

Sorry to hear your speeds have dropped. 

I would advise contacting our technical team to get this investigated. They can be contacted here or by calling 1890260260

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

why are you even hear ? if all you say is ring the support team etc 

every rep is like this 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hi KERSPLAT, 

I would advise contacting our technical team to get this investigated. They can be contacted here or by calling 1890260260

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Your chat can't help and the phones have a queue about a half hour long...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Hi KERSPLAT, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Your chat can't help and the phones have a queue about a half hour long...
    Hi there KERSPLAT,

I would suggest if you haven't done so already try turning your phone off and on for at least 5 minutes to allow the phone to reboot. Alternatively, if you could try your SIM in a different handset you will be able to determine whether the issue is with the phone or the SIM card. Sometimes it can be due to an older SIM, maybe if you try to get a new SIM from the store they will be able to do a SIM swap for you, allowing you to keep your number on an updated SIM.

~Kellie

Advertisement