Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

seamus wrote: »
    Because unicorns and dragons are about the two best-known mythical creatures.

Also, Gemma's issue here is not the gay agenda, but the implication that unicorns are mythical creatures that don't exist unless you believe in them.

Since the Bible mentions unicorns a number of times in a factual context, it's a fairly large smoking gun that that the bible is just a big book of fantasy nonsense.

The most ardent believers therefore reject the notion that unicorns are make-believe, instead asserting that they must have, at one time, existed. And any suggestion that unicorns are mythical, is an attack on the bible.

Of course, given that the argument is about translation of translations of translations of a book of fairytales, it's fair to say that whatever a "unicorn" was when originally written, is not a unicorn in the 15th-century sense. But we're talking about conspiracy theorists and mythological creatures, so nothing need make coherent sense

Somebody seen a rhino standing behind a zebra while they were drunk (the person that is, not the zebra) and that is how we have unicorns.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Cutting them back so much actually encourages them to come back stronger.
    I assume you haven't seen Merrion Square which that user referenced.

I am from the countryside and yes hedge-cutting will encourage lateral growth, but in Merrion Square some hedges have been completely removed. In some parts of the square, even young trees have been felled. It's quite bizarre, whatever they're doing.

Hashtag globalist plot :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

What climate would that be? The one that gemma and her cohort have imagined?

Is it just their imagination? LGBT issues are set to be mandatory in UK primary schools from next year.

Is it just their imagination? LGBT issues are set to be mandatory in UK primary schools from next year.

You mean that children will be told that LGBT people exist? Are you afraid that will turn them all gay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Curse those schools offering proper supports.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

She's now saying "The people of Ireland have less than five years to save their country or else they consent to communism." I'll regret asking, but does anyone know where shes getting this timeline from or what it refers to?

You mean that children will be told that LGBT people exist? Are you afraid that will turn them all gay?

Some people don't want young children indoctrinated with those ideas in school. If a parent really wants their child to learn about it, do it in their own time.

Some people don't want young children indoctrinated with those ideas in school. If a parent really wants their child to learn about it, do it in their own time.

indoctrinated with the fact that lgbt people exist?

Odhinn wrote: »
    She's now saying "The people of Ireland have less than five years to save their country or else they consent to communism." I'll regret asking, but does anyone know where shes getting this timeline from or what it refers to?
    I don't know but it sounds very exciting. I'm ironing my hammer-and-sickle tee shirt as we speak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Indictonated in what? That LGBT people exist? My 5 year old nephew knows I exist!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Do you know that simply glancing at a unicorn these days will turn your child into a transexual gay communist?

Momo ain't got sh*t on unicorns. Lock up your children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Maintaining proper supports and trying to reduce bigotry via the education is better for the welfare of children.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

They're being told that gay people exist, its hardly indoctrination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I don't know but it sounds very exciting. I'm ironing my hammer-and-sickle tee shirt as we speak.

I'm getting out the bright red che guevara teeshirt I bought for 50 cents in Bolivia.

Because it cost 50 cents it turned everything I own that was white a bright pink. So I'm ready for the gay communist agenda.

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Indictonated in what? That LGBT people exist? My 5 year old nephew knows I exist!

I'm faith schools it could confuse them, being taught about their faith and what love & family means, and then hearing this contrary view from outside sources. It's best to let schools decide on their ethos without government interference.

• Advertisement

I'm faith schools it could confuse them, being taught about their faith and what love & family means, and then hearing this contrary view from outside sources. It's best to let schools decide on their ethos without government interference.

you mean the schools dont get a chance to indoctrinate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I went to a faith school.

My parents never talked to me about gay stuff.

Yet here I am, 36 years later and gay as Christmas.

Riddle me that.

I'm faith schools it could confuse them, being taught about their faith and what love & family means, and then hearing this contrary view from outside sources.

Then it is the teachings that are confusing them not the outside sources. Because it sounds like the schools are indoctrinating them into what they/you _want_ love and family to mean to you. Not what it _actually_ means in the real world.

So yea I can imagine why hearing people who are perfectly happy exist that do not fit the mould you want presented in fallacious nonsense teachings.

The moment your world view requires that you keep facts from children - or at least try to, because do not be under the illusion keeping such facts out of the school means they will not get them anyway - you should seriously be questioning your world view and it's agenda.

My family structure is different to yours for example - it is not less a family. It is no less founded on love. And the people and the children in it are no less healthy or real or happy or educated or thriving than yours. The difference is you pretend mine is somehow lesser than yours - I do not I assume yours is every bit as equal as mine unless I see reason to think otherwise.

But by all means regale me with the reasons and arguments as to how my life and home life is not "what love & family means". I can not _wait_ to hear what you come up/out with for that one.
    It's best to let schools decide on their ethos without government interference.

It is best to teach children what is actually real and true about the world in our schools - facts we can actually evidence - and keep the rest to your family hobby time.

So you're ok with gay children being told that they are unnatural and sinful?

I went to a faith school and we got relationship counselling. It was from a married couple who met on a retreat to glendalough (Don't know why that stuck in my mind).
    They said nothing about actual relationships and kept talking about how important it was to have God in the relationship.

We had a priest who did retreats. His nickname was Sexy Sam because he always covered the sex bits. He told us that gay people were unnatural and sinful. He also said that if we ever had problems with people of our own sex, people of the opposite sex or with animals we could tell him in confession.
    I remember his lecture about masturbation where he never called it that but referred to it as spilling the seed of live. That too was sinful and evil.

So, forgive me, but I'd prefer that kids actually get facts. they should learn about relationships, sex, boundaries, consent and that gay people exist. All of that information would be far more valuable than the religious waffle I was given.

I went to a faith school.

My parents never talked to me about gay stuff.

Yet here I am, 36 years later and gay as Christmas.

Riddle me that.

Must have been something you ate.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »

Unicorn dust

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Unicorn dust

You eat that? I have been snorting the stuff dammit!

You eat that? I have been snorting the stuff dammit!

I eat it off his purt cheeks

Probably best if i dont respond to that in the manner i am tempted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

:cool:

So, forgive me, but I'd prefer that kids actually get facts. they should learn about relationships, sex, boundaries, consent and that gay people exist. All of that information would be far more valuable than the religious waffle I was given.

They can and do learn these things already, in line with their faith. If we want to live in a truly tolerant society I don't see why people should get so worked up about what is taught in faith schools. Don't agree with it? Don't send your kids there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭randd1

Odhinn wrote: »

Fair play to you, at last one of the sheeple is waking up and asking the right questions.

Gemma, or Supreme Hedgehog of the Order of Perpetual Evaporation to give her her true title in the hierarchy of the one true faith, speaks the truth as laid out in the first chapter of the Book Mafestus, in the Holy Book of the Three Magpies of the Inner Sanctum.

The first sign obviously is the cutting down of trees and hedges in Danesfort, as prophesised in verse 2 of the Book of Mafestus, where it says "and there will be trees and hedges cut down in Danesfort, Co Kilkenny, Ireland in 2019". Oddly specific for 9,000 year old book handed down by our alien masters, the Lizard People of Saturn's outermost ring, but the truth cannot be questioned.

The second sign is obviously the rise of the Unicorns, the natural enemy to the invisible Gryffons who defend the Land of the Sorrowful Exaltedness (Leitrim to you and me).
    As we can see from evidence presented by the Supreme Hedgehog via twitter and other social media, the acceptance of Unicorns is the first step on the rise of the Unicorns, whose horns contain the Poison of the Sun, and can pierce the flesh of the Invisible Gryffons. With the acceptance of Unicorns (obviously supported and facilitated by their natural allies, the gays), their rise is inevitable.

Once risen, the Unicorns will wage war on, and eventually smite, the Invisible Gryffons, and the Land of the Sorrowful Exaltedness will then become undefended, allowing for the return of Lizard People. This war, based on the numbers, will last about 5 years. Once the war is completed, the Lizard people will ask us to consent to communism (their form of governance) or annihilation.

That's the truth, we know, and Gemma speaks it. And if you wish to avoid the country being forced into communism, then it's your duty to support a ban on pictures of Unicorns, and to help grow more hedges and trees in Danesfort, Co Kilkenny.

May the sparrow shield you, the trees hug you and moon show you some water in this fight, dear Brotherling of the Order.

They can and do learn these things already, in line with their faith. If we want to live in a truly tolerant society I don't see why people should get so worked up about what is taught in faith schools. Don't agree with it? Don't send your kids there.

No they don't. You can't give unbiased education about gay people if at the same time you're calling them sinful and unnatural. The same goes for other areas of sexuality. You can't teach about contraception and at the same time say it's evil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Basically, SoundsWrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

When europeans first heard stories of an African animal - a four legged beast with a horn on its head i.e a Rhinoceros they named the creature for its most distinctive feature the one horn on it's head Uni - Corn which is ancient latin for 'one horn'

Of course their sketches of the creature that they had never seen in person were some what inaccurate. That doesn't change the fact that these Unicorns do exist contrary to what so many people foolishly believe.

• Advertisement

When europeans first heard stories of an African animal - a four legged beast with a horn on its head i.e a Rhinoceros they named the creature for its most distinctive feature the one horn on it's head Uni - Corn which is ancient latin for 'one horn'

Of course their sketches of the creature that they had never seen in person were some what inaccurate. That doesn't change the fact that these Unicorns do exist contrary to what so many people foolishly believe.

so what you're saying is that Rhino's are gay. That's what I'm getting from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

If you want to send your kids to a "faith" school, feel free. Don't expect the rest of us to pay for it, though.

so what you're saying is that Rhino's are gay. That's what I'm getting from this.

They're actually into sex with wild animals - rhinoceros specifically.

*Bestiality

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

They're actually into sex with wild animals - rhinoceros specifically.

*Bestiality

It’s zoophilia if it’s consensual

It’s zoophilia if it’s consensual

Not many people know this but there is actually no word for "No" in Unicorn language.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I remember his lecture about masturbation where he never called it that but referred to it as spilling the seed of live. That too was sinful and evil.
    In which case I'm a genocidal maniac that Pol Pot would idolise.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭aloneforever99

If by "those ideas" you mean Catholicism, I am fully in agreement with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It might be part of the reason why the breeds of rhino are either critically endangered or already extinct.

And the think for all this time people have been blaming poachers.

If by "those ideas" you mean Catholicism, I am fully in agreement with you.

Ok. So it's not faith schools you have a problem with. It's only Catholicism. You might want to check your thinking.

• Advertisement

Ok. So it's not faith schools you have a problem with. It's only Catholicism. You might want to check your thinking.

My thinking is just fine, thanks. I referred specifically to Catholicism because that's the one that indoctrinates 90% of our kids right now.

I think there is no good reason to combine education and faith. Religion is a personal thing. Do what you want in your own time.

My thinking is just fine, thanks. I referred specifically to Catholicism because that's the one that indoctrinates 90% of our kids right now.

I think there is no good reason to combine education and faith. Religion is a personal thing. Do what you want in your own time.

No good reason to combine faith and education....lol. I guess that's why there so unpopular the world over.

No good reason to combine faith and education....lol. I guess that's why there so unpopular the world over.

The fact that something has been done in the past isn't a particularly good argument for it continuing.

I think most people would prefer the weeks and months that are spent preparing for Communion and Confirmation to be spent actually educating the kids. Anyone who wants to do sacraments can send their kids to Sunday school.

Can you give me one good reason - in light of every abuse we've heard of in recent years - why the Catholic Church should be allowed to control our children's education?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

So what you're saying is you want Saudi funded madrases in Ireland, thanks for showing us your true colors.

The fact that something has been done in the past isn't a particularly good argument for it continuing.

I think most people would prefer the weeks and months that are spent preparing for Communion and Confirmation to be spent actually educating the kids. Anyone who wants to do sacraments can send their kids to Sunday school.

Can you give me one good reason - in light of every abuse we've heard of in recent years - why the Catholic Church should be allowed to control our children's education?

The main reason parents choose to send their child to a Catholic school, or a faith school in general, is simply because they have better reputations than other schools. This, together with the child learning the same value as the rest of his/her family. We need to put out child's education ahead of our personal grudges.

The main reason parents choose to send their child to a Catholic school, or a faith school in general, is simply because they have better reputations than other schools. This, together with the child learning the same value as the rest of his/her family. We need to put out child's education ahead of our personal grudges.

And they be selective- cherrypicking the better students

Like Gaelschools here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'm faith schools it could confuse them

There's a simple and very obvious answer to this 'dilemma'

Get the churches out of the schools we pay for, let them run their own schools without taxpayer funding if they want.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

No, they don't have a better reputation. They just have bigger numbers - 90% of primary schools.

It's a real struggle to find a non- or multi-denominational school in most areas. Why do you think you're entitled to have your religion indoctrinated into 90% of Irish children and have it done at the state's expense? Why not limit the indoctrination to your own children on your own time?

Anyway what happened the gay unicorns???

No, most parents choose them because there are no other options.

Now, I'll ask the question once more: In light of the physical, sexual, and emotional abuse of children the Catholic Church has been responsible for across many generations, what good reason could there possibly be to allow them to continue controlling education?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The problen with faith school teachings is they pick and choose which parts of their faith to teach.

When they teach the bible its all sweetness and light, they somehow skip over the parts about rape/slavery/murder.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement