Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

People have free will to choose evil or good in this world. It's not Gods responsibility to step in every time man commits evil. After death God makes the decision what happens to the persons soul.

What happens if you don't believe in God?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

pjohnson wrote:
    Or how drinking bleach cures autism?

I suspect my mental health professionals would advise against this approach, I'm also happy enough with my autism, so it doesn't need to be 'cured'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What happens if you don't believe in God?
    Apparently, he condemns you to spend eternity being tortured because you didn't adore him enough. It just sounds like he's a bit too needy for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Auntie Semite

"Men in dresses telling stories to children - one turns out to have been pedophile" shocker

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Q6s0sCQPYjhDSVrbkQHEsQHaFW%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

I take your point.

and as much as we cannot conflate LGBT people with sexual abusers it is also the case that we should not conflate (all) Catholic priests with Abuse either.

After all it is estimated that 4 out of 5 Catholic priests are Gay.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/12/four-in-five-vatican-priests-are-gay-book-claims

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/17/us/it-is-not-a-closet-it-is-a-cage-gay-catholic-priests-speak-out.html

There can be an uncomfortable element of Homophobia underlying the assumption that all priests are abusers, Archbishop Carlo Vigano recently claimed that there was a 'Homosexual Cabal' within the church that was responsible for the covering up of abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

People have free will to choose evil or good in this world. It's not Gods responsibility to step in every time man commits evil. After death God makes the decision what happens to the persons soul.
    I asked you already and you disappeared from the thread - why would you have had bleach poured down my throat when I was a child?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

There can be an uncomfortable element of Homophobia underlying the assumption that all priests are abusers, Archbishop Carlo Vigano recently claimed that there was a 'Homosexual Cabal' within the church that was responsible for the covering up of abuse.

Let's clear this up, claims of such a cabal within the church that is covering up sexual abuse is bollocks. Abusers target those who are most readily available to them, in this instance boys. Those who covered it up were those who were desperate to protect the reputation of the church. It wasn't a cabal of gay people...

You're still not so subtly trying to conflate the two. You'll deny it but all your posts basically consist of making an outlandish claim. Then when called out you respond with "Who said I believed in that? I'm just outlining something."

batgoat wrote: »
    Let's clear this up, claims of such a cabal within the church that is covering up sexual abuse is bollocks. Abusers target those who are most readily available to them, in this instance boys. Those who covered it up were those who were desperate to protect the reputation of the church. It wasn't a cabal of gay people...

You're still not so subtly trying to conflate the two. You'll deny it but all your posts basically consist of making an outlandish claim. Then when called out you respond with "Who said I believed in that? I'm just outlining something."

What part of the following do you not understand?

"There can be an uncomfortable element of Homophobia underlying the assumption that all priests are abusers, Archbishop Carlo Vigano recently claimed that there was a 'Homosexual Cabal' within the church that was responsible for the covering up of abuse"

I'm saying that Vigano is an example of someone conflating the issues, using homophobia as an excuse for abuse.

You should read the NYT article to get a better picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What part of the following do you not understand?

"There can be an uncomfortable element of Homophobia underlying the assumption that all priests are abusers, Archbishop Carlo Vigano recently claimed that there was a 'Homosexual Cabal' within the church that was responsible for the covering up of abuse"

I'm saying that Vigano is an example of someone conflating the issues, using homophobia as an excuse for abuse.

You should read the NYT article to get a better picture.

And again. You keep on going round and round and round in circles.

You keep throwing in racist and homophobic discussion points and when challenged you decide to absolve yourself.

Its like you are on a constant mantra of "I'm not racist or homophobic but what about this racist or homophobic point....."

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I never knew the state had Veronica Guerin murdered.

https://www.thejournal.ie/jimmy-guerin-fingal-county-council-4228115-Sep2018/

• Advertisement

You keep throwing in racist and homophobic discussion points and when challenged you decide to absolve yourself.

Its like you are on a constant mantra of "I'm not racist or homophobic but what about this racist or homophobic point....."

Can you point to anything I said that was racist or Homophobic?

I would say its more a case of you and others on this thread being extremely intolerant, narrow minded, incapable of nuance and rather extremist in your views.

Extremist in the sense that you clearly cannot accept any dissension from your excessively rigid, narrow and dogmatic view of the world.

In fact the irony here is that you very much remind me of the histrionic, frothing at the mouth Catholics of Irelands past. You seem to be those people reincarnated as 'progressives'

Or a 'liberal' version of the Westboro Baptist Church.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Just like how she was "outraged" when Gemma called NZ a false flag only for 24 hours later go back to swallowing anything Lord Gemgem says. Gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Billy86 wrote: »
    I asked you already and you disappeared from the thread - why would you have had bleach poured down my throat when I was a child?

You need to ask Joey, he is the only one who brought it up. This is the first time I've mentioned the word "bleach ".

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

I would say its more a case of you and others on this thread being extremely intolerant, narrow minded, incapable of nuance and rather extremist in your views.

Extremist in the sense that you clearly cannot accept any dissension from your excessively rigid, narrow and dogmatic view of the world.

Did you not get the memo. If there is something they disagree with, they resort to labelling you and name calling. It's all they've got left.

Did you not get the memo. If there is something they disagree with, they resort to labelling you and name calling. It's all they've got left.

Both of your posting histories are there for people to read. I'm pretty sure you'd embrace being called a homophobe tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

In fact the irony here is that you very much remind me of the histrionic, frothing at the mouth Catholics of Irelands past. You seem to be those people reincarnated as 'progressives'

Congratulations! You have just described Gemma to perfection!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Sure..

look at the Pisa results.

Oh no

I'm not racist but....

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

You need to ask Joey, he is the only one who brought it up. This is the first time I've mentioned the word "bleach ".

MMS "treatment" for autism? Do you support it or not?

Or are you just going to run away from the thread again to avoid answering?

Terry Pratchet

lbc2019 wrote: »

Amazing that her apologists wont defend this stuff but still try to defend Her.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

MMS "treatment" for autism? Do you support it or not?

Or are you just going to run away from the thread again to avoid answering?

Seems to be taking a holiday from the thread.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Seems to be taking a holiday from the thread.

He'll come back in a week and completely ignore the questions about treating autism with bleach again.

He has a habit or refusing to answer direct questions

Terry Pratchet

He'll come back in a week and completely ignore the questions about treating autism with bleach again.

He has a habit or refusing to answer direct questions

But the Rotschilds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

But the Rotschilds!
    But the transgender unicorns!

gmisk wrote: »
    But the transgender unicorns!

Is George Soros really a transgender unicorn vaccinated with 5g and flouride?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Anyone hear the interview on the Last Word on Friday with Fiona Pettit-O'Leary? Was expecting Matt's usual "And in the studio we also have..." but not only did he not do that, he completely and utterly dismissed the anti-vax loons and wouldn't even name the Unicorn Queen...

Is George Soros really a transgender unicorn vaccinated with 5g and flouride?
    I think you know he is.....as well as being in a homosexual, illumanti, satan worshipping cabal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Amazing that her apologists wont defend this stuff but still try to defend Her.

You don't have to agree with everything someone says .The conversation seems to be twisted to the extent that if you disagree with bleach ,5gand flouride you are racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Anyone hear the interview on the Last Word on Friday with Fiona Pettit-O'Leary? Was expecting Matt's usual "And in the studio we also have..." but not only did he not do that, he completely and utterly dismissed the anti-vax loons and wouldn't even name the Unicorn Queen...

Yep no pretence at having an opposing view for balance. Good on him, there's no balance, there's science and there's BS.

rgossip30 wrote: »
    You don't have to agree with everything someone says .The conversation seems to be twisted to the extent that if you disagree with bleach ,5gand flouride you are racist.

Eh she's literally spread false and racist stories in the past. Plus the anti semetic stuff cause that's where the Soros conspiracies originate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Eh she's literally spread false and racist stories in the past. Plus the anti semetic stuff cause that's where the Soros conspiracies originate.

George Soros did fund the legalization on abortion was the money returned or used by amnesty ?. https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/explainer-who-is-george-soros-and-why-has-he-been-dragged-into-abortion-row-36403854.html

• Advertisement

George Soros did fund the legalization on abortion was the money returned or used by amnesty ?. https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/explainer-who-is-george-soros-and-why-has-he-been-dragged-into-abortion-row-36403854.html

He contributed towards the campaign for a referendum. No law was broken and it's one of many philanthropic contributions he's made. All our listed on his website, so hardly nefarious.

https://www.thejournal.ie/sipo-amnesty-decision-4156736-Jul2018/

Also here's her latest Soros conspiracy... The evil 5g agenda so yep, she's very much so pushing the antisemitic conspiracy crap.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1110112738490175494?s=19

Who funded the no side? Who funds iona?

He contributed towards the campaign for a referendum. No law was broken and it's one of many philanthropic contributions he's made. All our listed on his website, so hardly nefarious.

https://www.thejournal.ie/sipo-amnesty-decision-4156736-Jul2018/

Also here's her latest Soros conspiracy... The evil 5g agenda so yep, she's very much so pushing the antisemitic conspiracy crap.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1110112738490175494?s=19
    On earth and in space.......ok then lol.

Dont want to be using mind control on the aliens I guess....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Our glorious leader wants to spend our taxes to bring an ISIS supported to our shores. But yeah, Gemma is the crazy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Our glorious leader wants to spend our taxes to bring an ISIS supported to our shores. But yeah, Gemma is the crazy one.
    Gemma certainly is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Who funded the no side? Who funds iona?

Kindly old grannies from Donegal

How are those two things related?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Welcome to boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Shes scrambling about to find a place for her 8pm meeting tonight in Cork. Apparently she'll tell people where its on at 5pm.

So everyone be in Micky Ds on Patrick's St for 7.55pm.

• Advertisement

How are those two things related?

All the sniggering and scoffing at Gemma, and we have a government that wants to import Islamic extremists, along with half of Syria.

All the sniggering and scoffing at Gemma, and we have a government that wants to import Islamic extremists, along with half of Syria.

So it doesn't relate at all?

So it doesn't relate at all?

Why do you think there's no relation? You think it's not crazy to invite Islamic terror sympathisers to live alongside us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Why do you think there's no relation? You think it's not crazy to invite Islamic terror sympathisers to live alongside us?

Who, exactly, is promoting that?! Nobody!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It's actually very responsible of us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Wake up sheeple, The Great Replacement has begun. George Soros told me himself via the chip he inserted in my brain.

• Advertisement

Love to see the evidence for this claim please.

Any update on that venue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Any update on that venue?

Yep. Taking place in a function room in this pub.

spailpinfanach.jpg

giphy.gif

Ivan2019 wrote: »
    Gemma is very easy to listen to
    Scarlet for the twitter mob trying to do a takedown on her

Jemini were easier to listen to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The Nal wrote: »
    Yep. Taking place in a function room in this pub.

spailpinfanach.jpg

giphy.gif

They would probably all fit into the gents.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement