Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

rgossip30 wrote: »
    You counted each one good on ye want to live in Chernobyl.

Not counted, just aware over the years of how many i have had, same with stitches.

What has Chernobyl got to do with anything? :confused:

Birneybau wrote: »
    If all the cranks are banned, well, this thread is dead. An therefore worthless. We NEED their opinions to mock, and I'm not joking.

Plenty more available and some even have a resurrection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Do you support the hate-filled homophobia they were banned for?

I don't go raving mad about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Plenty more available and some even have a resurrection.

How very christian of them :D

that is not what i asked. They were banned for hate-filled homophobia Not because they support Gemma. Why do you have an issue with that?

• Advertisement

Not counted, just aware over the years of how many i have had, same with stitches.

What has Chernobyl got to do with anything? :confused:

Maybe you are a unique being immune from radation

that is not what i asked. They were banned for hate-filled homophobia Not because they support Gemma. Why do you have an issue with that?

You trying to stir something up because you are bored. I don't give a toss about it.He was entitled to his opinion only.

You trying to stir something up .

I am asking a question. One you seem strangely reluctant to answer. I think people will draw their own conclusions from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭ollkiller

You trying to stir something up because you are bored. I don't give a toss about it.

Nah, you can't answer a question. It's not that hard. Here's an example.

What's your favourite colour? My answer is green.

See how hard that was. So how about you answer the question that was asked and then give your deflection tactic or your detailed response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Being replaced by Islam is more wonderful .

Yeah I can really see the praying five times a day, no pork no alcohol catching on with the in-a-church-five-times-if-it's-a-busy-year-for-funerals, pint-drinking rasher-sangitch-eating Irish :rolleyes:

Unless of course, instead of conversions you're here to peddle the population replacement racist conspiracy theory, same as Gemma does?

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

ollkiller wrote: »
    Nah, you can't answer a question. It's not that hard. Here's an example.

What's your favourite colour? My answer is green.

See how hard that was. So how about you answer the question that was asked and then give your deflection tactic or your detailed response.

I don't support the poster he was entitled to post without ridicule and nasty comments. Be off now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Do you want her thousands of hours of youtube videos fact checked?

They could sentence Lisa Smith to do it as her punishment for falling for the same snake oil/different sales team.

:pac:

I know that there was a theory before that all itcould take was one x-ray to spark a cancer.The mass X ray program 40 odd years ago was abolished out of concerns.

Because giving someone an x-ray that might have a million-to-one chance of sparking a cancer is worth it, if you have reasonable suspicion they have TB or another serious illness

But if you x-ray a million people on the off-chance that you might find a handful with TB, statistically you've just caused one lung cancer to some very unfortunate person.

So once TB was more or less under control, giving people a radiation dose for little or no benefit couldn't be justified any more.

EVERY dose of radiation given to a patient for any reason has to be clinically justified. The dose must also be kept as low as reasonably achievable.

MRIs involve no ionizing radiation, but try telling that to the Gemma fans getting their knickers in a knot about 5G and don't have a clue about physics, statistics or epidemiology.

Scrap the cap!

I don't support the poster he was entitled to post without ridicule and nasty comments. Be off now.

But he wasn't entitled to post homophobic comments. Do you agree with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

If the posts are ridiculous, nasty and aggressively homophobic then he/she really isn't entitled to here, hence they were banned, thankfully.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    They could sentence Lisa Smith to do it as her punishment for falling for the same snake oil/different sales team.

:pac:

Ah here. Nobody deserves that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

But he wasn't entitled to post homophobic comments. Do you agree with that?

But most very religious people are homophobic so hes just being himself. They are his core beliefs.

Because giving someone an x-ray that might have a million-to-one chance of sparking a cancer is worth it, if you have reasonable suspicion they have TB or another serious illness

But if you x-ray a million people on the off-chance that you might find a handful with TB, statistically you've just caused one lung cancer to some very unfortunate person.

So once TB was more or less under control, giving people a radiation dose for little or no benefit couldn't be justified any more.

EVERY dose of radiation given to a patient for any reason has to be clinically justified. The dose must also be kept as low as reasonably achievable.

MRIs involve no ionizing radiation, but try telling that to the Gemma fans getting their knickers in a knot about 5G and don't have a clue about physics, statistics or epidemiology.

Would you live beside a mast ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

Birneybau wrote: »
    If all the cranks are banned, well, this thread is dead. An therefore worthless. We NEED their opinions to mock, and I'm not joking.

Head over to the GOD thread on the proc langers angry man's forum if you want a good laugh

Maybe you are a unique being immune from radation

Maybe you just don't understand how x-rays work. Colour me surprised :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Maybe you just don't understand how x-rays work. Colour me surprised :rolleyes:

:D You are not qualified to discuss it .

Acosta wrote: »
    Head over to the GOD thread on the proc langers angry man's forum if you want a good laugh

Link? :D

Acosta wrote: »

Just dipped my toe in there and thought Nope.
    Not reading that.
    Angry langers everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Well if one wants to be critical it would help.to prove a point.

How exactly do you fact check every unfounded claim in her hundreds of hours of videos? You can of course do it but then its completely impractical. By the time you have thoroughly researched and checked 1 video she might 15 more up.

The other aspect is that many the things she says are probably not checkable anyway.

For a statement to be fact checked it has to have been presented as fact in the first place. You cant for example fact check when she says "I think that"

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I dont think anyone has gone raving about the homophobia in this thread. It was pointed out that comparing lgbt people to paedophiles is particularly nasty and insidious.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

For a statement to be fact checked it has to have been presented as fact in the first place. You cant for example fact check when she says "I think that"

"I've heard people say...." is the standard for alt-right liars.

Would you live beside a mast ?

I'll answer your question if you can tell me what masts have got to do with x-rays?

Because if you're just going to reply with constant whack-a-mole non-sequitur conspiracy wacko guff, I'm out.

Scrap the cap!

I dont think anyone has gone raving about the homophobia in this thread. It was pointed out that comparing lgbt people to paedophiles is particularly nasty and insidious.

To be against homophobia is a fashion back in the day it was commies.What would you do how would you feel if a gay lad felt you up ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Stop talking about a poster who is thread banned and get back on topic please.

• Advertisement

To be against homophobia is a fashion back in the day it was commies.What would you do how would you feel if a gay lad felt you up ?

I imagine he'd feel the same way as any woman who has been felt up by a straight lad without her permission.

What are you trying to imply?
    I am a gay man if someone totally random woman or man felt me up if I wouldnt be happy, what is your point?
    What the heck are you on about?

So being anti homophobia is a "fashion".
    So your saying being homophobic will be the in thing again soon?

gmisk wrote: »

It will if G O'D and her fevered minions have their way.

gmisk wrote: »
    What are you trying to imply?
    I am a gay man if someone totally random woman or man felt me up if I wouldnt be happy, what is your point?
    What the heck are you on about?

Off topic I was replying to another poster pm if really interested.

That's a cop out.

You made a remark about 'getting felt up by a gay lad' as if that a)happens frequently, b) justifies homophobia.

Well matey, women get 'felt up' by straight lads quite often so how about you clarify why that doesn't 'justify' the man-hating that feminists are just as frequently accused of...

No body has the right to 'feel' anybody up unless they have permission.
    end of/

I am glad that you feel LGBT human rights are merely dismissable as a fashion. It really shows your disdain.

I have no idea why you feel the need to bring sexual abuse into the discussion at all.

Do you think it is acceptable to try and suggest that all LGBT people are child abusers?

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Care to answer my question?
    Being replaced by Islam is more wonderful .

Is this an endorsement of the conspiracy theory of population replacement?

Scrap the cap!

Of course it is. I'm sure they will either deny that or deflect in some way but that is definitely what it is.

Off topic pm if really interested

I am glad that you feel LGBT human rights are merely dismissable as a fashion. It really shows your disdain.

I have no idea why you feel the need to bring sexual abuse into the discussion at all.

Do you think it is acceptable to try and suggest that all LGBT people are child abusers?

Off topic pm if really?y interested

This is just one of the consequences of the dangerous BS GO'D is promulgating:
    A New York suburb has banned children not vaccinated against measles from public spaces, such as schools and shopping malls, as it fights the state's worst outbreak in decades of the potentially deadly disease.

Rockland County declared a state of emergency on Tuesday and said the ban would remain in place for 30 days or until unvaccinated children get the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) shot.

The Rockland announcement follows measles outbreaks in California, Illinois, Texas and Washington and is part of a global resurgence of the viral infection, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"We will not sit idly by while children in our community are at risk," County Executive Ed Day said in a statement. "This is a public health crisis, and it is time to sound the alarm."

There have been 153 confirmed cases of measles in Rockland County, about 11 miles (18 km) north of Manhattan, mostly among children who have not been vaccinated.
    https://www.independent.ie/world-news/new-york-suburb-declares-state-of-emergency-following-measles-outbreak-37955614.html

Stupid people putting the lives of their children and others at risk because some silly bint said 'I think that...' on social media.

• Advertisement

You said that not me, looking for a reaction .The percentage of the native population is being changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

rgossip30, do not post in this thread again.

I dont see a poster asking anything like that.

To be honest it is bad enough having to see your rubbish here id rather not have to deal with it in PM form....so your grand, and please do not PM me.

gmisk wrote:
    To be honest it is bad enough having to see your rubbish here id rather not have to deal with it in PM form....so your grand, and please do not PM me.

Gmisk you thanked my post before posting this. Please don't respond to someone you know can't continue the discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

What would you do how would you feel if a gay lad felt you up ?

Do you find that happens to you very often?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    This is just one of the consequences of the dangerous BS GO'D is promulgating:

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/new-york-suburb-declares-state-of-emergency-following-measles-outbreak-37955614.html

Stupid people putting the lives of their children and others at risk because some silly bint said 'I think that...' on social media.

"Mostly among children who have not been vaccinated ". So some who were vaccinated also contracted measles.

Off topic pm if really?y interested

Do you think it is ok to suggest I am a child abuser because I am a gay man?

Terry Pratchet

Mod

@joey, please read the rest of the thread. No point talking to rgossip30, as he cannot respond.

"Mostly among children who have not been vaccinated ". So some who were vaccinated also contracted measles.

Firstly - the vaccine is not 100% effective. It is around 97% effective.
    Can I get the measles if I've already been vaccinated?

Answer From James M. Steckelberg, M.D.
    It's possible, but very unlikely. The combination measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine is a two-dose vaccine series that effectively protects against all three viruses.

In fact, more than 93 percent of people who get the first dose of MMR develop immunity to measles. After the second dose, about 97 percent of people are protected.
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/measles/expert-answers/getting-measles-after-vaccination/faq-20125397

Secondly, there is a difference between 'have not been vaccinated' - which suggests a deliberate decision not to have it done and 'cannot be vaccinated' - not everyone can be vaccinated due to other underlying medical conditions. These people have to rely on others not spreading contagious diseases.

According to the BBC many of those who have contracted the disease are Orthodox Jews - leading Rabbis to start a campaign to encourage vaccine uptake.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

What has G O' Doherty said about gay people to upset them? I've searched but can't find anything specific.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement