Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

batgoat wrote: »
    Think there's a conspiracy that involves 'pushing homosexuality' is rather homophobic. 'Indoctrinating' primary school students about the existence of gay people, you think homosexuality should be not discussed until they are a teenager? There are different types of families, some have two daddies or two mammies. What is wrong with children with knowing? Unless you're homophobic? And sex education does occur in primary school, so skip the topic of sexual orientation? It's incredibly important to cover.

Anyway, looks distinctly like you're gonna discount everything...

I'm not homophobic ffs. My primary school going children did not get sex education. They got the bare essentials from me as they asked until the Summer before 1st year and then they got all the details. They had sex ed in secondary school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

That vile English woman had quite the reputation before G O ' Doherty came on the scene. Call whatever you want.

Some people never quite made it out of the valley of the squinting windows.

Some people never quite made it out of the valley of the squinting windows.

You're joking right! She is all over social media, picks a target, taunts, mocks, bullies, records phone calls and puts them online, and then plays the victim when the other side snaps.
    She says she is an autism advocate, yet never advocates for anything to help autistic people. She thinks she speaks for Cork but 91% of the people in the radio poll voted that those Cork meetings should have gone ahead.
    I saw the egging on all over twitter to get those meetings cancelled, the premises were threatened. There was a man on radio yesterday said his relative offered her a premises after the Spailpin cancelled, she got threatening phone calls within minutes. This is not on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

You're joking right! She is all over social media, picks a target, taunts, mocks, bullies, records phone calls and puts them online, and then plays the victim when the other side snaps.
    She says she is an autism advocate, yet never advocates for anything to help autistic people. She thinks she speaks for Cork but 91% of the people in the radio poll voted that those Cork meetings should have gone ahead.
    I saw the egging on all over twitter to get those meetings cancelled, the premises were threatened. There was a man on radio yesterday said his relative offered her a premises after the Spailpin cancelled, she got threatening phone calls within minutes. This is not on.

Dúirt bean liom go ndúirt bean léi...

If those premises were threatened, you'll be able to show us the tweets where the threats were made.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

DS86DS wrote: »
    Gemma continues to be demonised on Boards.IE

Boards.ie Lefties with the aide or Leftist mods...do all they can to try and discredit Gemma.........

But guess what.....Gemma is opening new doors in Ireland.

Ignore the snivelling Leftists and keep up the good work Gemma
    I think shes absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You would :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭whippet

She says she is an autism advocate, yet never advocates for anything to help autistic people.

You are factually incorrect there .. she had been campaigning consistently to ensure that gullible parents do not listen to snake oil sales people who advocate autistic children drink bleach to cure them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

whippet wrote: »
    She says she is an autism advocate, yet never advocates for anything to help autistic people.

You are factually incorrect there .. she had been campaigning consistently to ensure that gullible parents do not listen to snake oil sales people who advocate autistic children drink bleach to cure them.

Ah here, leave your facts at the door. It's Gemma-town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fusitive

Gemma doesn't deserve the oxygen of publicity that this thread gives her, I think it's important to remember that reaction is what gives propaganda and conspiracies legs.

As an someone who works in agronomy(plant and soil sciences), It very much annoys when people like her come out with accusations of chemtrails and talking about Lindane and barium and such because they do not even have a playground understanding of the science but make grand accusations off little more than pure ignorance.

I can lay out all the facts in the world to how absurd their claims are but they know better even though they have no education or experience in the field.

The worst part of it all is you get labelled as shill and a sheep of a corrupted education when you disagree with her or people like her even though I can walk out into a field in the morning to conduct a practical soil analysis to prove she is full of sh!te when they can't tell me wtf Barium is.

The real truth is that they are the sheep, they follow and front with little education, they think they are experts of everything because they can post one research paper or read a wikipedia page. Isn't the very definition of a sheep some who follows because they don't have the knowledge to lead and form your opinions? Touting belief masquerading as understanding.

Yes. I'll give her that. MMS is categorised as an unauthorised medicine since 2016. Except she's not linked to any autism groups to warn them about it. She's more into tactics of shaming online and reporting parents of doing anything she disagrees with, not just MMS.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

That vile English woman had quite the reputation before G O ' Doherty came on the scene. Call whatever you want.

A reputation for being a scrounger, neither her nor her partner work, 5 kids, council house, grants left right and centre. She's a leech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I'm not actually a supporter. The cancelled meetings in Cork were what drew my attention.
    That vile English woman living in Cork has probably increased interest in G O'Doherty.
    Yes. I'll give her that. MMS is categorised as an unauthorised medicine since 2016. Except she's not linked to any autism groups to warn them about it. She's more into tactics of shaming online and reporting parents of doing anything she disagrees with, not just MMS.
    A reputation for being a scrounger, neither her nor her partner work, 5 kids, council house, grants left right and centre. She's a leech.

Gosh.

The deflection is strong in these ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭whippet

Yes. I'll give her that. MMS is categorised as an unauthorised medicine since 2016. Except she's not linked to any autism groups to warn them about it. She's more into tactics of shaming online.

Now you are being ridiculous.. you made a totally false statement... got called out on it ... then admitted you were incorrect... but still try to say you are right ?

You really have learned from the great GO’D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Think there's a conspiracy that involves 'pushing homosexuality' is rather homophobic. 'Indoctrinating' primary school students about the existence of gay people, you think homosexuality should be not discussed until they are a teenager? There are different types of families, some have two daddies or two mammies. What is wrong with children with knowing? Unless you're homophobic? And sex education does occur in primary school, so skip the topic of sexual orientation? It's incredibly important to cover.

Anyway, looks distinctly like you're gonna discount everything...

Thats why I wouldnt bother providing the links. Seems like he wanted us to trawl through all Gemmas social media provide him with links so he could entertain himself discounting all of the evidence. Not a chance.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Haha. Not a Gemma supporter but...

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

In relation to those threats when asked to elaborate, the individual on 96fm found himself incapable of specifying what they were.

A reputation for.......

The gossips have been busy gossiping.

The gossips have been busy gossiping.

Its pretty much Gemma that has egged a lot of that stuff on

Terry Pratchet

Wow. Just wow.

• Advertisement

Now you are being ridiculous.. you made a totally false statement... got called out on it ... then admitted you were incorrect... but still try to say you are right ?

You really have learned from the great GO’D

MMS is not just about autism or children in her case.
    Where is she on the lack of school places for autistic children, lack of services, lack of respite, lack of help? Crickets.

It's not about FOL vs GOD, GOD is just her latest target. She'll move on after a while to someone else.

Where is she on the lack of school places for autistic children, lack of services, lack of respite, lack of help? Crickets.

It's not about FOL vs GOD, GOD is just her latest target. She'll move on after a while to someone else.

No, It's not about F O'L vs G O'D - despite your efforts to make it so.
    And even if your claims about F 0'L (for which you have not provided a shred of evidence) were true it still wouldn't be about F O'L vs G O'D because it's not a competition. Nor is it a case if F O'L is (as alleged by you and a Bitter Gin) 'bad' + G O'D has attacked F O'L = G 0'D good. Do you think this is a playground? You seem to as that is the level of your argument.

Also interesting that you request other posters to do your research on G O'D for you .... but you seem to be able to provide much (unsubstantiated) muck to sling at F O'L - does this mean you are capable of conducting research or are you going for the sling and hope it sticks methodology?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Are you Sinead O Connor?

It's not about FOL vs GOD, FOL is just her latest target. She'll move on after a while to someone else.

An unpaid activist with autistic kids of her own can only do so much. She does so much.

Fixed that statement for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Who's the enigmatic woman you're talking about from Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement

Who's the enigmatic woman you're talking about from Cork?

They'll have to give waaay more info to be able to determine exactly who they mean.
    Sure you can't throw a rock without hitting an enigmatic woman here in Cork like.
    :pac:

PBP Ed Fitzgerald had to take his social media offline yesterday, he lost it defending FOL to a GOD supporter and called a woman names, told her to get help for her mental issues and something about going to Nigeria. Whooops!
    Cork people won't like that.

Anyway will leave this thread now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    They'll have to give waaay more info to be able to determine exactly who they mean.
    Sure you can't throw a rock without hitting an enigmatic woman here in Cork like.
    :pac:

The natural habitat of a true Cork Woman is standing on a windswept mountainside gazing fiercely, yet somehow poetically, (and also enigmatically) into the face of the impending storm.

I've seen a sixth generation Corkonian woman successfully reproduce this look in a Lidl queue - it's a real gift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

MMS is categorised as an unauthorised medicine since 2016.

Giving bleach to kids is not an "unauthorised medicine", it's child abuse.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Going back to post your sh1te in the Anti-vaxxer thread ?

Sig edited so not to "offend" genocide apologists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYOZ3IzRaf4

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement

PBP Ed Fitzgerald had to take his social media offline yesterday, he lost it defending FOL to a GOD supporter and called a woman names, told her to get help for her mental issues and something about going to Nigeria. Whooops!

Deflect. Deflect. Deflect.

Mud sling while accusing others of mud slinging.

Hilarous stuff.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Posts like this are borderline slanderous at worst and downright nasty at best.

If you want to post in this thread again, your next post needs to justify this statement with some form of elaboration on your accusations of this person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

*Sure Jan gif*

Why would you think that you get to choose what other people get active about?

Where are YOU on these issues?

Why would you think that you get to choose what other people get active about?

Where are YOU on these issues?

Probably doesnt really give a sh it about autism and supports treating it with bleach

Terry Pratchet

I'm a Cork person, both my family and I view Gemma to be awful. Her treatment of Fiona O'Leary is awful but consistent with how she treats anyone who disagrees with her... I think Fiona has done loads of good and she's spot on in relation to Gemma.

Gemma has been incredibly manipulative and her views on vaccines are detrimental to public health. It's a bit like she's vying for a Breitbart job.

Do you know what Cork people really don't like? Said she enigmatically.

Cork people don't like being told what we don't like.

... and Gemma.

Do you know what Cork people really don't like? Said she enigmatically.

Cork people don't like being told what we don't like.

... and Gemma.

They sure did send her packing haha

Terry Pratchet

They sure did send her packing haha

Funnily, the Facebook page for the pub that rejected her got a resoundingly positive response.

Funnily, the Facebook page for the pub that rejected her got a resoundingly positive response.

She picked the leftiest pub in Cork. The name of it in English translates roughly as the migrant worker. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Probably doesnt really give a sh it about autism and supports treating it with bleach

I know I shouldn't take the bait but anyway,
    Throwing out statements without evidence seems to be your forte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Gemma and her acolytes desperation to shoehorn "English" as many times as possible into any discussion of Fiona O'Leary really highlights the dog-whistle xenophobia underscoring her and her followers.

Trying to appeal to the same scumbags who cheerlead for Eirigi and the likes - similar to the tactics of the knack-bags who were defending the violence in Strokestown by trying to imply it was ok to attack them because they were from the North.

You've discounted every point about Gemma.. Frankly, you don't seem to care what sort of questionable stuff that she does...

Haha. Not falling for your attempts to wind me up. Its laughable really when you lash out loads of statements with no evidence yourself. Doing exactly what you accuse me of doing. Great deflection you have going. You couldnt refute anything I said at all so you merely discounted it all on a whim of "no evidence" - Nah not falling for that trollish type posting from you at all.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

GOD will be back in Cork on April 11th according to her twitter. No venue announced.

Acosta wrote: »
    GOD will be back in Cork on April 11th according to her twitter. No venue announced.

Must be the new events centre.

:p:p:D:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

Must be the new events centre.

:p:p:D:p:p

From the same twitter post..

In a survey, 91% of #Cork people said they wanted #ACI to hold a meeting there. We’re not going to let them down.

No details of the poll, but if that's the case she'd want to book Páirc Uí Chaoimh for a couple of nights.

Acosta wrote: »
    From the same twitter post..

In a survey, 91% of #Cork people said they wanted #ACI to hold a meeting there. We’re not going to let them down.

No details of the poll, but if that's the case she'd want to book Páirc Uí Chaoimh for a couple of nights.

Link to this poll? Or should I just put it down to being a poll of the 40 people who were milling around waiting for her in the pub last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

D2m-BLiXQAAyu_R.jpg:large

BUTTER

BUTTTTTERRRRRRR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Link to this poll? Or should I just put it down to being a poll of the 40 people who were milling around waiting for her in the pub last time?

Poll of 5 of those 40 people conducted at 3.30am.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement