Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,611 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I never heard of her!
    Who/ what is she ??

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

cjmc wrote: »
    I never heard of her!
    Who/ what is she ??

She's a race car driver after getting promoted to Formula 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,611 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Good , about time we had another Irish driver !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

humberklog wrote: »
    I think Gemma is a nasty, lying, warped wagon but those actively shutting her down aren't far behind her.

How is protesting a proven liar and hate monger "not far behind" being a proven liar and hate monger?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Billy86 wrote: »
    How is protesting a proven liar and hate monger "not far behind" being a proven liar and hate monger?

But it's not protesting her. It's shutting her down. And there is a difference in my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Stopaci wrote: »
    Heads up, aci are planning on holding their meeting in the PE hall of skull community college tonight @ 8, WE WILL STOP THIS. Please phone the school on (028) 28315 and tell them the truth about G"OD and aci

I think Gemma is a nasty, lying, warped wagon but those actively shutting her down aren't far behind her.

You should check it out on Twitter. It's hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

But it's not protesting her. It's shutting her down. And there is a difference in my mind.

Apparently it was Gemma's minions doing the 'shutting down' tonight in Ballyvolane Hse in Cork.

https://twitter.com/noracism4moy/status/1116066016780607491?s=12&fbclid=IwAR1gihL796HIAJLPi6XUDPMXz5Mp3dEr_aQFvaLUjzkMBlUrQVPP0HrwGgM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Certainly the whole thing bears a resemblance to a car crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Pretty consistent in terms of her shutting down speech she disagrees with.

• Advertisement

I don't see how? This is some other people exercising their free speech, just as people claim Gemma O'Doherty should have as well. Then the decision lies with the venue as to whose free speech they want to side with.

If your claim is that she is entitled to free speech, then by default so are they.

Go up a few posts to see just how much Gemma and her supporters oppose free speech for anyone but them. I should also note, I say this as someone who is not a fan of unfettered, no-holds-barred, free speech for all when that "free speech" is nothing but intentional lies that Gemma and her supporters are so fond of.

Yeah Billy i get that. All that. But that doesnt mean i have to agree.

I feel that by shutting down her small public events it feeds into her larger, whacky on-line constituency.

Also i gotta say i dont personally feel all righteous on behalf of free speech but i kinda do care that people should be able to listen to who they choose.

I feel that by shutting down her small public events it feeds into her larger, whacky on-line constituency.

Also i gotta say i dont personally feel all righteous on behalf of free speech but i kinda do care that people should be able to listen to who they choose.
    I would actually say the opposite, just look at the aforementioned Alex Jones falling off the radar after getting banned from platforms for repeatedly breaking their terms of service. Much like Gemma after being cancelled by a venue though, he is still very much out there in his website for people to listen to him should they so choose. He just doesn't have the same platform he did.

This entire 'alt right' identity politics movement Gemma and Alex are part of is centered around lying enough to get people to try and blur out the truth, just like the old saying about repeating a lie enough for it to become reality. It's otherwise known as gish-gallop and is a very intentional way of f*cking with people's minds similar to gaslighting.

If people are caught repeatedly using a platform to very intentionally and pojntedly lie, they do not deserve that platform and no good whatsoever comes from standing by and allowing them to continue to spread it. Showing up to protest outside of it also only serves to give them an even bigger platform by way of media attention and local hearsay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭jackboy

If people are caught repeatedly using a platform to very intentionally and pojntedly lie, they do not deserve that platform and no good whatsoever comes from standing by and allowing them to continue to spread it.

Following that logic most politicians should Not be given a platform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

jackboy wrote: »
    Following that logic most politicians should Not be given a platform.

Well, Gemma certainly believes so. She consistently refers to them as traitors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

It's a difficult one though I agree even though well, you can see what I think of her.

Look at the meeting in Ashbourne & Cork - it's out there now that O'Doherty and her ilk do demonstrably NOT believe in free speech, one of their top bleating moans.

I've no problem with venue owners & platform owners being alerted to any hate speech she has spouted and let them make their own minds up then.

In the meantime, we have the LGBT committeee in NUIG getting a ban on a feminist group from a meeting there because they would dare question gender ideology. Who the hell do they think they are?

No hate speech, just debate...

That's why I really do not like deplatforming unless laws have been broken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I would actually say the opposite, just look at the aforementioned Alex Jones falling off the radar after getting banned from platforms for repeatedly breaking their terms of service. Much like Gemma after being cancelled by a venue though, he is still very much out there in his website for people to listen to him should they so choose. He just doesn't have the same platform he did.

This entire 'alt right' identity politics movement Gemma and Alex are part of is centered around lying enough to get people to try and blur out the truth, just like the old saying about repeating a lie enough for it to become reality. It's otherwise known as gish-gallop and is a very intentional way of f*cking with people's minds similar to gaslighting.

If people are caught repeatedly using a platform to very intentionally and pojntedly lie, they do not deserve that platform and no good whatsoever comes from standing by and allowing them to continue to spread it. Showing up to protest outside of it also only serves to give them an even bigger platform by way of media attention and local hearsay.

I'd include the alt-left (if there's such a name on them)
    At times, they're even loonier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Venue wouldn't let them in. Looks more like a dogging session.

https://twitter.com/biddygoeswild/status/1116465623091961856

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Why does she bother? How many people are there? 15?

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1116461458869690373

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It looks like the most miserable 40th birthday party you've ever been to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Unelected EU bureaucrats shutting down your local fabulous public toilets? Don't worry, Gemma is on the case.
    https://twitter.com/DumbartonOne/status/1116387230329790464

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hurrache wrote: »
    Unelected EU bureaucrats shutting down your local fabulous public toilets? Don't worry, Gemma is on the case.
    Is she...taking the piss?

gmisk wrote: »

"Beautiful.... public toilets".

I think she may be taking the piss and this is some sort of performance art/comedy thing shes doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

The Nal wrote: »
    Why does she bother? How many people are there? 15?

You'd also have to wonder why people are getting so worked up about this if not just for the drama.

I laughed at this more than I should have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I can't help but feel a little sorry for her.

"Beautiful.... public toilets".

I think she may be taking the piss and this is some sort of performance art/comedy thing shes doing.

I now firmly believe she is the Andy Kaufman of our generation.

"Beautiful public toilets...magnificent".

I was expecting her to pan behind to reveal the Taj Mahal.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just take a sh*te in a bush like everyone else Gemm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭rgossip30

A nail in the coffin for another rightwing party and so back to the rapid development of the multicultural utopia ,

rgossip30 wrote: »
    A nail in the coffin for another rightwing party and so back to the rapid development of the multicultural utopia ,
    What nail?! What coffin? Who delivered the killer blow in your mind? Are you talking about G o'Ds party? You think its a goner then?
    Renua are still a thing I guess?

• Advertisement

I bought some very nice green tea in the Asian supermarket. From an Asian bloke. Does GoD want to take my tea away?

I bought some very nice green tea in the Asian supermarket. From an Asian bloke. Does GoD want to take my tea away?
    Multicultural utopia tea!!!!
    Get in the bin you left wing snowflake
    You should have Irish tea like Barrys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

rgossip30 wrote: »

Or we just plod along without the need to go to extremes like we're doing at the minute...

Multicultural utopia tea!!!!
    Get in the bin you left wing snowflake
    You should have Irish tea like Barrys!

away with that cork rubbish. Lyons is where it is at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Accidental Partridge?

Disclaimer - I dont drink tea...I can barely call myself Irish!

Disclaimer - I dont drink tea...I can barely call myself Irish!
    306529.jpg

306529.jpg
    Invasion of the Barrysnatchers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

As a Dub I even side with the Corkonians and their shoulder chips on this one, their tea is better. And at least it's more Irish and Lyons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Gemma's running in the euros. Fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

As a Dub I even side with the Corkonians and their shoulder chips on this one, their tea is better. And at least it's more Irish and Lyons.

yep. Lyons drinkers are up there with Tetley drinkers.

/runs

emo72 wrote: »
    Just read that....what constituency I wonder?

Will she just run for everything now?

I expect to see her running in the Dublin City Marathon as well this year.

I expect to see her running in the Dublin City Marathon as well this year.

I can see the tweet already. 'It would have been the perfect run if the globalists and unelected EU bureaucrats hadn't added an extra 90minutes to my finishing time!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I can see the tweet already. 'It would have been the perfect run if the globalists and unelected EU bureaucrats hadn't added an extra 90minutes to my finishing time!'

Soros paid 20,000 people to run ahead of her and slow her down so she couldn't beat the world record.

The Somalia that did win was smugfled into the country by an NGO that the globalists pay for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

With her stamina I presume it's the 10000m. Or the Heptathlon, with her all-round strengths. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Great news - she'll get a hard message about the depth of her support. Which constituency? Would be a shame if she split the far right vote for Casey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Boom_Bap wrote:
    Just take a sh*te in a bush like everyone else Gemm.

With all these YouTube videos, it won't be long before she is calling out antifa (dirty innocent fools) who sh1te in a bucket to come out and fight her like real men.
    I can't wait till she embraces all Irish cultures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Great news - she'll get a hard message about the depth of her support. Which constituency? Would be a shame if she split the far right vote for Casey?

Friend pointed out that there's a good chance she's too late to register.

batgoat wrote: »
    Friend pointed out that there's a good chance she's too late to register.

Gaaaah, George Soros foils her again!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement