Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

No just the in relation to the new ira, ex RUC commissioner might have a conflict of interest or his loyalties may be elsewhere other than our fine republic

When people start using might and may in their musings they are either full of ****e or just trolling, can't decide which you are doing or if you are engaged in a bit of both.

Either way you present a very good argument for removal of voting rights from the deranged retired demographic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

gandalf wrote: »
    When people start using might and may in their musings they are either full of ****e or just trolling, can't decide which you are doing or if you are engaged in a bit of both.

Either way you present a very good argument for removal of voting rights from the deranged retired demographic.
    I'm be retired but I'm not deranged

I'm be retired but I'm not deranged

That's like your opinion man....

That's like your opinion man....

Well I think you're lovely

So should only people who agree with you should be allowed to vote

So should only people who agree with you should be allowed to vote

You should look over that sentence again.

No I respect people who can coherently argue their position with facts. Something that you have failed to even approach during your interactions here.

You should look over that sentence again.

No I respect people who can coherently argue their position with facts. Something that you have failed to even approach during your interactions here.

Quite the opposite, I make my points all based in fact without having to insult people.

Quite the opposite, I make my points all based in fact without having to insult people.

No you haven't, you spouted crap about autism without demonstrating where you came to those conclusions beyond your own "observations". You were queried about this but ignored them. So all I see is uninformed opinion and to be quite frankly people like you who think GoD is a grand girl should be treated with absolute disdain.

No you haven't, you spouted crap about autism without demonstrating where you came to those conclusions beyond your own "observations". You were queried about this but ignored them. So all I see is uninformed opinion and to be quite frankly people like you who think GoD is a grand girl should be treated with absolute disdain.
    Your words can't hurt me

• Advertisement

Your words can't hurt me

So translated you cannot back up your assertions.

Just like your poster girl then.

So translated you cannot back up your assertions.

Just like your poster girl then.

I can back up any point I've mad anything you like me to elaborate on?

I can back up any point I've mad anything you like me to elaborate on?

I asked you this yesterday and you ignored it.
    Now what are you basing your utterances about autism on? Which studies? Which papers? I hope it's not just your general observations from the good old days when your kids went to school?

A number of others posters asked you similar questions.

I asked you this yesterday and you ignored it.

A number of others posters asked you similar questions.

That's not what I said my point was the alarming increased rates with no explanation for the rise.
    I don't buy into the better diagnosis thing, it could be diet it could be vaccines nobody knows, as I stated my children were all vaccinated but people have the right to ask questions and not trust big corporations blindly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

That's not what I said my point was the alarming increased rates with no explanation for the rise.
    I don't buy into the better diagnosis thing, it could be diet it could be vaccines nobody knows, as I stated my children were all vaccinated but people have the right to ask questions and not trust big corporations blindly
    There's no increase, people tend to have entered adult life and not have been diagnosed. Dyslexia diagnoses also increased. Plenty of older people with dyslexia who never got diagnosed.

Yes what are you basing this on because that's not facts, that is just your opinion. So there are no facts at all. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Advertisement

batgoat wrote: »
    There's no increase, people tend to have entered adult life and not have been diagnosed. Dyslexia diagnoses also increased. Plenty of older people with dyslexia who never got diagnosed.

You can't credible say there is no increase world wide according to the American scientific journal
    "The prevalence of autism in the United States has risen steadily since researchers first began tracking it in 2000. The rise in the rate has sparked fears of an autism 'epidemic.' But experts say the bulk of the increase stems from a growing awareness of autism and changes to the condition's diagnostic criteria."
    They explained the rise is better diagnosis , you said there was no rise do which is it ?
    Also people dismiss personal observations as anecdotes ,but lived experiences are truth I've seen a huge rise with my own eyes

Yes what are you basing this on because that's not facts, that is just your opinion. So there are no facts at all. Thanks for clearing that up.

I've just quoted the American scientific journal the fact is there is a rise in autism world wide, I just don't think the explanation is better diagnosis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

You can't credible say there is no increase world wide according to the American scientific journal
    "The prevalence of autism in the United States has risen steadily since researchers first began tracking it in 2000. The rise in the rate has sparked fears of an autism 'epidemic.' But experts say the bulk of the increase stems from a growing awareness of autism and changes to the condition's diagnostic criteria."
    They explained the rise is better diagnosis , you said there was no rise do which is it ?
    Also people dismiss personal observations as anecdotes ,but lived experiences are truth I've seen a huge rise with my own eyes
    I said that people were not diagnosed while they still had it... So it doesn't mean an actual increase in numbers with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I've just quoted the American scientific journal the fact is there is a rise in autism world wide, I just don't think the explanation is better diagnosis

So you're quoting an article you don't agree with?? I've heard it all now. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Have you ever heard of Thalidomide drug the attempted cover up with lies, big pharma can't be trusted.
    Some people don't want to give their kids certain vaccines that's ok,
    Autism is on the increase at alarming rates but nobody is allowed to question what is in these vaccines.

Thalidomide wasnt covered up, the effects were reported within a couple of years.

• Advertisement

You mean this article..

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-real-reasons-autism-rates-are-up-in-the-u-s/

The article that ends with..
    Is there no real increase in autism rates, then?
    Awareness and changing criteria probably account for the bulk of the rise in prevalence, but biological factors might also contribute, says Durkin. For example, having older parents, particularly an older father, may boost the risk of autism. Children born prematurely also are at increased risk of autism, and more premature infants survive now than ever before.

That backs up what the rest of us have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

She's associating with justin barrett now.

And I've provided a link to the article it clearly says that the bulk of the increase can clearly be attributed to diagnosis. You're not very good at backing up your opinions with any sort of proof are you.

Odhinn wrote: »
    She's associating with justin barrett now.

Doesn't surprise me, all the loons grouping together.

Thalidomide wasnt covered up, the effects were reported within a couple of years.

Wasn't covered up?
    I lived through it I think you will find there are hundreds of Irish and English mother's who had children born with deformed children many of whom battled for apologies and redress.
    Do you know what they had to go through?
    They were lied to laughed at, eventually they got justice to suggest there was no cover up Is astounding

And I've provided a link to the article it clearly says that the bulk of the increase can clearly be attributed to diagnosis. You're not very good at backing up your opinions with any sort of proof are you.

Do you honestly not think
    Environmental, dietary or possible medical side effects might be a possible alternative as an explanation for the rise

Do you honestly not think
    Environmental, dietary or possible medical side effects might be a possible alternative as an explanation for the rise

Show me a credible source for this and I'll consider it, I suspect you can't.

I mean you just posted an article as proof for your assertions that actually contradicted them?

I think even you can understand why some of us consider your contributions here are without merit if that is the level of backup you can provide.

Show me a credible source for this and I'll consider it, I suspect you can't.

I mean you just posted an article as proof for your assertions that actually contradicted them?

I think even you can understand why some of us consider your contributions here are without merit if that is the level of backup you can provide.

Well fortunately the future of humanity doesn't hang on the outcome of our conversation, we are just two anonymous people on the internet having a conversation exchanging opinions.
    I will agree my opinion is based on a hunch or a feeling ,but that's ok too I'm not trying to change anybody's mind just stating an opinion

Btw I'm on a ferry from France so I'll be offline for 20 hours but I look forward to being educated by the lucent and credible proof that Charles ingles is going to post in the meantime when I arrive back in Ireland 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Would the increase in Autism be that there's an increase in the population and also better detection of Autism than before? Women are having children later in their lives now so it would cause more complications not just with autism but other issues too

• Advertisement

Well fortunately the future of humanity doesn't hang on the outcome of our conversation, we are just two anonymous people on the internet having a conversation exchanging opinions.
    I will agree my opinion is based on a hunch or a feeling ,but that's ok too I'm not trying to change anybody's mind just stating an opinion

You see you said earlier you could provide proof and facts and now you're saying you can't and it's all just a feeling.

The problem is that people like you posting "gut feelings" are putting people off vaccinating their children with proven vaccines and endangering their kids and the children who for Medical reasons can't receive vaccines.

Btw I'm on a ferry from France so I'll be offline for 20 hours but I look forward to being educated by the lucent and credible proof that Charles ingles is going to post in the meantime when I arrive back in Ireland ðŸ˜

Have a safe journey, seas should be rough with the storm.
    Charles will be waiting your safe return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Convinced Charles is my father in law.

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Would the increase in Autism be that there's an increase in the population and also better detection of Autism than before? Women are having children later in their lives now so it would cause more complications not just with autism but other issues too

You know the child birth in later life could be another factor , never thought of that very good point,

circadian wrote: »
    Convinced Charles is my father in law.

Well if I am, I want my lawnmower back you have it two weeks now

You know the child birth in later life could be another factor , never thought of that very good point,

Lol it's mentioned in the article you quoted, which you obviously never read 😂🤣😂🤣

I've to bring Mrs ingles to bingo now,
    I'll be back later to finish off kicking all your backsides in this debate.

I'll be back later to finish off kicking all your backsides in this debate.

The only arse you're kicking is your own 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

It's crazy that a paper published 20 odd years ago( which was proven to be false by the way) has still an impact today. I can see what people distrust the pharma companies and governments because they've lied an covered up things constantly and people distrust anything They say now but you cannot deny that their is a serious amount of scientific evidence that vaccines like the MMR are safe.

I can't fathom why people would put their children at serious risk and not vaccinate. It's utter negligence.

I do believe that Pharma companies have cleaned up their act as they cannot afford to put products on the market that would harm the population in today world with the likes of social media. They make their money off products that work so they do need them to succeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

What else has increased enormously at the same time as autism? Pollution from vehicles, for a start. There are all kinds of things that are parallel with the autism rise - and I'd agree that it certainly seems that there are more autistic people - though this may be simply that in those ignorant days of the 1950s and 1960s the solution to someone with a terrible mental deficit was "Put him in a home", and to someone with a social oddness was "Ah, she's just a bit strange, y'know."

But vaccines… if you'd lived through the polio epidemic of 1956 (since when the once popular swimming beach at Sandymount, the epicentre of infection in Dublin, has never recovered), you would have a more mediated view of vaccination. No more polio epidemics here now, though there are in countries where rumours spread that the CIA is sterilising people while pretending to be vaccinating them… 

Here's a TED Talk from Argentina about vaccination and herd immunity - in Spanish with English subtitles

https://www.ted.com/talks/romina_libster_the_power_of_herd_immunity/discussion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You haven't heard of the communist conspiracy by Big Bingo to control all the mammies in the country by infiltrating their brains with the fumes from the big markers they use on their bingo cards? Check out Gemma's latest video and you'll never let your missus do the bingo again.

Anyway, shouldn't Carolyn be dancing at a crossroads somewhere to fulfil Gemma's dream of taking us back to the 1930s?

You haven't heard of the communist conspiracy by Big Bingo to control all the mammies in the country

Oh, it's far worse than that. It's the grandmammies they're after. Far more powerful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

rgossip30 wrote: »
    Did I say she was a credible figure merely showing links that show there is some credibility to certain topics . Really would you prefer to be in a steam room filled with contrail exhaust ! Like the poster who suggested it was no more harmful than a boiling kettle. Batshyte crazy .

The chemtrails shyte is batshyte crazy!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

CosmicFool wrote: »
    It's crazy that a paper published 20 odd years ago( which was proven to be false by the way) has still an impact today. I can see what people distrust the pharma companies and governments because they've lied an covered up things constantly and people distrust anything They say now but you cannot deny that their is a serious amount of scientific evidence that vaccines like the MMR are safe.

I can't fathom why people would put their children at serious risk and not vaccinate. It's utter negligence.

I do believe that Pharma companies have cleaned up their act as they cannot afford to put products on the market that would harm the population in today world with the likes of social media. They make their money off products that work so they do need them to succeed

How many people believed that they seen moving statues or the people who had, did indeed see them move.

There are still people on this site denying that kids were abused by members of the church or that women in the mother and baby homes were mistreated.

If your of a particular mindset you'll believe anything without any proof and deny any proof to the contrary.

The worst of it is that many people say they won't vaccinate their kids but will "rely on herd immunity" to protect them. This is really disgusting to me.

• Advertisement

Just one example? Claiming during the presidential election that she wasn't anti-vaxx. As soon as that's over she's attacking pro-vaccination people and autism activists and defending bleach as a "cure" for autism (which, in her mind, is caused by vaccines).

Another? Her anti-immigrant stance. Despite having being married to one.

And claiming to Panti she was pro lgbt rights then denigrating lgbt people regularly

And claiming she supports freedom of speech yet regularly trying to shut doen the speech of people she disagrees with.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

She isn't my hero ,
    I just don't agree with shutting down debate or opinions

So tell Gemma to stop suing people and stop bullying people then

Terry Pratchet

Have you ever heard of Thalidomide drug the attempted cover up with lies, big pharma can't be trusted.
    Some people don't want to give their kids certain vaccines that's ok,
    Autism is on the increase at alarming rates but nobody is allowed to question what is in these vaccines.

Yep again we see Gemmas hypocrisy where she covers up her Big Pharma Glaxo Smithkline award

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭its_steve116

When did Gemma Doherty (and Morgan MacIntyre) go batshyt crazy??

When they found out that O Emperor had beaten them to the Choice Music Prize.

Just one example? Claiming during the presidential election that she wasn't anti-vaxx. As soon as that's over she's attacking pro-vaccination people and autism activists and defending bleach as a "cure" for autism (which, in her mind, is caused by vaccines).

Another? Her anti-immigrant stance. Despite having being married to one.

You'd be surprised if you read the post history of some of the posters on here supporting her stance on immigrants and going on about non EU migrants and how we have open borders, how much they have in common with Gemma in that regard.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement