Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

Billy86 wrote: »
    By this logic, every single builder out there with a hammer in hand is promoting a communist agenda. As does every hardware and DIY shop in existence.

How much evidence do you need?

2763807-0.jpg

images-2.jpg

images-3.jpg

images-4.jpg

images.png

images-2.png

Screen-Shot-2019-04-26-at-22-52-27.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

2763807-0.jpg

images-2.jpg

images-3.jpg

images-4.jpg

images.png

images-2.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Uruguay... Secretly the biggest promoter of gay agenda...

Couldn't get one in your size?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Wasn't covered up?
    I lived through it I think you will find there are hundreds of Irish and English mother's who had children born with deformed children many of whom battled for apologies and redress.
    Do you know what they had to go through?
    They were lied to laughed at, eventually they got justice to suggest there was no cover up Is astounding

A simple wikipedia search (sorry for using wikipedia, its a pretty crap source of medical info, only slightly above anecdotal evidence) showed that thalodomide was licenced in 1953 and taken off the market in 1961. Precisely because adverse effects were being noticed. So investigations started. And evidence was found for the link between this drug and its effects.

Just so you know, im a doctor. I havent received 1 cent from a pharmaceutical company to peddle vaccines. Theres strict rules in place now regarding what we cam receive from drug companies. Im not even allowed walk around the ward with branded pens anymore! So "big pharma" doesnt have this magical hold over doctors that you seem to think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

A simple wikipedia search (sorry for using wikipedia, its a pretty crap source of medical info, only slightly above anecdotal evidence) showed that thalodomide was licenced in 1953 and taken off the market in 1961. Precisely because adverse effects were being noticed. So investigations started. And evidence was found for the link between this drug and its effects.

Just so you know, im a doctor. I havent received 1 cent from a pharmaceutical company to peddle vaccines. Theres strict rules in place now regarding what we cam receive from drug companies. Im not even allowed walk around the ward with branded pens anymore! So "big pharma" doesnt have this magical hold over doctors that you seem to think.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/victims-of-pregnancy-drug-thalidomide-still-seeking-justice-dil-hears-37357017.html
    Have a read through this I'm not making this up I remember well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well at least she dropping any pretence now. Gemma is working with avowed Irish racist Justin Barrett and scraping the arse off the bottom of the barrel.

https://twitter.com/DumbartonOne/status/1121899711043133441?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

I'm scared that these people will get a seat. The vast majority don't support them but they also won't go out in numbers and vote where as the fools that follow these disgusting people will go out and vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Close this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Close this thread

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Close this thread

But Freeeeee Speeeeeech!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

RayCun wrote: »
    The new garda commissioner wants the new IRA to take off, because he wants a return to violence in the north?
    So he's pulling detectives off the ATM case? Stopping them making arrests?

And your evidence for this comes from a whistleblower in the gardai, telling you there's something going on?

Or you just figured it out for yourself, based on no more than what we all read in the newspapers?
    Probably more what he reads in the comments section of Gemmas videos

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I've to bring Mrs ingles to bingo now,
    I'll be back later to finish off kicking all your backsides in this debate.

You're not kicking any backsides. You're spouting shyte

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

2763807-0.jpg

images-2.jpg

images-3.jpg

images-4.jpg

images.png

images-2.png

Evidence of what?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Well at least she dropping any pretence now. Gemma is working with avowed Irish racist Justin Barrett and scraping the arse off the bottom of the barrel.

https://twitter.com/DumbartonOne/status/1121899711043133441?s=19

So sharia law and beheadings or Justin and Gemma.

Give me a minute, okay? How many beheadings are we talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

The question of migration does need to be addressed without everybody being afraid of offending someone. It's naive to think that there are not going to be conflicts between the ideologies of the religions were are importing and our own values in the future. Even if you just take the example of what happened in Birmingham the other week.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1863694/Video-Muslim-parents-protest-lessons-homosexuality-Birmingham-school.html
    This clip shows a large gathering of Muslim parents protesting at a school in Birmingham against their children being given lessons on homosexuality and gender equality.

Pro-migration people would have you believe that everything will be fine, that Muslim and Christians will link arms and start singing hymns together. But once Muslims get a serious foothold in certain communities they are going to start wanting things done their way. Most people who are pro-immigration are also pro-equality, pro-gay marriage rights, pro-LGBT rights, but these are not consistent. If this was a pre-dominantly Christian school against LGBT teachings, this would be heading all the news stories, but it barely got a mention here. Nobody wants to question Muslim beliefs. Everybody ignores it.

I think Gemma goes too hard by saying "Is that what you want - Sharia Law? Is that what you want for your country?" - I think it's not helpful to portray it in armageddon like terms. It's more subtle than that. But questions do need to be asked about exactly, how compatible the beliefs and values of immigrants are with the beliefs and values of the native Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

RayCun wrote: »
    So sharia law and beheadings or Justin and Gemma.

Give me a minute, okay? How many beheadings are we talking about?

latest?cb=20120326145630

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭jackboy

Those strict rules had to be put in place because “big pharma” did have a hold over doctors.

“Big pharma” have got really good at pushing their products. They have realized that it is much more efficient to focus on consultants and governments.

You say you are a doctor. Have you ever prescribed antibiotics to a patient with a cold or a flu? Will you admit that at least some doctors do this.

• Advertisement

CosmicFool wrote: »
    I'm scared that these people will get a seat. The vast majority don't support them but they also won't go out in numbers and vote where as the fools that follow these disgusting people will go out and vote.

As someone who supports Gemma (to a point) She doesn't have a hope of getting a seat. I don't think you've anything to worry about there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The question of migration does need to be addressed without everybody being afraid of offending someone. It's naive to think that there are not going to be conflicts between the ideologies of the religions were are importing and our own values in the future. Even if you just take the example of what happened in Birmingham the other week.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1863694/Video-Muslim-parents-protest-lessons-homosexuality-Birmingham-school.html

Pro-migration people would have you believe that everything will be fine, that Muslim and Christians will link arms and start singing hymns together. But once Muslims get a serious foothold in certain communities they are going to start wanting things done their way. Most people who are pro-immigration are also pro-equality, pro-gay marriage rights, pro-LGBT rights, but these are not consistent. If this was a pre-dominantly Christian school against LGBT teachings, this would be heading all the news stories, but it barely got a mention here. Nobody wants to question Muslim beliefs. Everybody ignores it.

I think Gemma goes too hard by saying "Is that what you want - Sharia Law? Is that what you want for your country?" - I think it's not helpful to portray it in armageddon like terms. It's more subtle than that. But questions do need to be asked about exactly, how compatible the beliefs and values of immigrants are with the beliefs and values of the native Irish?

You know that Birmingham is in the UK, not Ireland, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bells of shandon

Multiculturism and diversity is just a fancy name for the old Imperialist agenda, much used by the Romans and the British of Divide, Conquer and Control.
    Mass immigration has been caused by several factors,economic and wars , but most recently by US regime change wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Balkans ,Libya, Syria, Sudan,Somalia ,Ukraine.
    The Western exploitation of resource rich Africa has created poverty along with an exploding population there.
    Mass immigration has been weaponised to undermine Western societies and is not new, going back to the invasion of Europe by the Moors and their defeat by Charles Martel at the Battle of Poitiers/Tours in 732 and the invasion of Europe via the Balkans,stopped at the Gates of Vienna 1529 by a Christian Coalition led by the Polish King Jan Sobieki .
    Suleiman the Magnificent led the Ottoman Army, which had already overrun Hungary.
    It is noticeable that the Poles and Hungarians have not forgotten their history and refuse to allow the mass immigration of mainly Muslim refugees into their country.

This really should have been a huge red flag to anyone in the LGBT community. They were essentially thrown under the bus. Its a good example of whats known as 'creeping Sharia'

The LGBT community should be very worried, for one because there was a total lack of outcry and controversy over this..even by their own advocates

And secondly because the school authorities buckled to the Muslim viewpoint. This will set a precedent for other Muslim communities.

Ah here. Its precisely because of these effects that thalidomide was taken off the market.

And anyway, the problems that these girls complain about (their symptoms tend to change from territory to territory) have long been tested and scientific, peer reviewed evidence has found there is no link between vaccines and these symptoms.

Also, with regards to autism. Nowadays kids who are suspected of having asd from an early stage get molecular and genetic testing and then get early interventions from psychologists, speech and language, occupational therapists. 20 or 30 years ago, they MIGHT have got a speech and language appointment or an odd psychology appointment. Theres a lot more understanding and recognition of the symptoms of autism, much more so than only a few years ago. I should know, my brother only got an asd diagnosis at 35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Also, with regards to autism. Nowadays kids who are suspected of having asd from an early stage get molecular and genetic testing and then get early interventions from psychologists, speech and language, occupational therapists. 20 or 30 years ago, they MIGHT have got a speech and language appointment or an odd psychology appointment. Theres a lot more understanding and recognition of the symptoms of autism, much more so than only a few years ago. I should know, my brother only got an asd diagnosis at 35.

Sadly, many kids aren't being picked up until adulthood, even when showing classic signs of ASD in childhood, we re well behind on diagnoses and treatment

• Advertisement

Ah here. Its precisely because of these effects that thalidomide was taken off the market.

And anyway, the problems that these girls complain about (their symptoms tend to change from territory to territory) have long been tested and scientific, peer reviewed evidence has found there is no link between vaccines and these symptoms.

Do you remember the thalidomide scandal?
    I do and it wasn't just taken off the market a lot of people who blamed the drug thalidomide were laughed at told they were mad and imaging it.
    Nobody believed the mother's nobody believed the drug makers could possibly give a drug that could be harmful.
    Sound familiar?

You know whats mad? I work with a lot of Muslim people. Ive found theyre very caring and understanding. They wished us a happy easter last weekend and ill wish them a happy eid when it comes. We had an interesting chat yesterday about both of our religions......and we had a great laugh with each other about jehovahs witnesses (not mocking, just it was funny how we both wanted to get away from them as quickly as possible!).

Yeah theres bad eggs in every sector of society but as a catholic, id be highly insulted if i was associated with the Westboro Baptist Church!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

This really should have been a huge red flag to anyone in the LGBT community. They were essentially thrown under the bus. Its a good example of whats known as 'creeping Sharia'

The LGBT community should be very worried, for one because there was a total lack of outcry and controversy over this..even by their own advocates

And secondly because the school authorities buckled to the Muslim viewpoint. This will set a precedent for other Muslim communities.

You do know there were christian parents also at that protest right?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Sadly, many kids aren't being picked up until adulthood, even when showing classic signs of ASD in childhood, we re well behind on diagnoses and treatment

I agree but its much better than it was. Unfortunately, theres still long waiting lists to be seen by early intervention teams.

Do you remember the thalidomide scandal?
    I do and it wasn't just taken off the market a lot of people who blamed the drug thalidomide were laughed at told they were mad and imaging it.
    Nobody believed the mother's nobody believed the drug makers could possibly give a drug that could be harmful.
    Sound familiar?

Ah here, would ya cop on to yourself. Paracetamol is a fairly benign drug, however its still fatal if taken in too high a dose. I dont think theres any doctor in the world who thinks you can give any drug that is completely risk free. Sure even iv fluids (generally salt water but sometimes sugar water) can be toxic.

• Advertisement

Ah here, would ya cop on to yourself. Paracetamol is a fairly benign drug, however its still fatal if taken in too high a dose. I dont think theres any doctor in the world who thinks you can give any drug that is completely risk free. Sure even iv fluids (generally salt water but sometimes sugar water) can be toxic.

thalidomide was prescribed as a wonder cure for morning sickness, you obviously know nothing about it so don't tell me to cop on if you don't understand the topic

Theres a certain chemical, freely available that if taken in too high a quantity can cause brain swelling, irreversible kidney damage, headache, personality changes, confusion, muscle aches or pains, drowsiness, seizures, coma, brain damage or death. That chemical is water. So see, nothing ingested is without a certain degree of risk. And anyone who tells you that lacks a lot of knowledge.

jackboy wrote: »
    Those strict rules had to be put in place because “big pharma” did have a hold over doctors.

“Big pharma” have got really good at pushing their products. They have realized that it is much more efficient to focus on consultants and governments.

You say you are a doctor. Have you ever prescribed antibiotics to a patient with a cold or a flu? Will you admit that at least some doctors do this.

Of course they have. I have myself. But it hasnt been for financial gain. Its because sometimes were just not sure if a patient definitely has a viral infection, so we cover them for bacterial infection. If a baby comes in with bad tonsillitis, generally its viral. But you dont take risks with babies so we cover them with antibiotics.

Theres a certain chemical, freely available that if taken in too high a quantity can cause brain swelling, irreversible kidney damage, headache, personality changes, confusion, muscle aches or pains, drowsiness, seizures, coma, brain damage or death. That chemical is water. So see, nothing ingested is without a certain degree of risk. And anyone who tells you that lacks a lot of knowledge.

thalidomide was prescribed by doctors to pregnant women as a wonder cure for morning sickness

Of course they have. I have myself. But it hasnt been for financial gain. Its because sometimes were just not sure if a patient definitely has a viral infection, so we cover them for bacterial infection. If a baby comes in with bad tonsillitis, generally its viral. But you dont take risks with babies so we cover them with antibiotics.

Oh and i agree, it was inappropriate to have that relationship between pharmaceutical companies and doctors. But its over now. Ive sat in teaching lunches that were sponsored. I generally get my few sandwiches, listen to (but usually ignore) some drug rep waffle for 5 mins about their latest drug (and why its better than the competitors who told us the same thing a month ago) and wait for the real teaching start that has nothing to do with the drug rep who more often than not leaves the room.

thalidomide was prescribed by doctors to pregnant women as a wonder cure for morning sickness

Yes, i know. Whats your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

There are also cases where someone is, for instance, seriously asthmatic, and a viral infection is almost inevitably going to be followed by a bacterial infection. Lots of doctors who know their patients will give them a prescription for antibiotics to have in case this happens.

As for thalidomide, it was first sold as a sleeping pill, and was then found to suppress morning sickness. The horrible results of the second use are known. I think it's still used to a small extent to help people with leprosy.

(What's this crap about "mass immigration" being a fiendish plot of the evil empires? People are running away from wars, climate disasters, etc; they're not invading, they're looking for a home where they can live and work. And many will go home when/if things straighten out at home, like most of the Vietnamese Boat People and the Chilean refugees who came to Ireland fleeing Pinochet.)

You do know there were christian parents also at that protest right?

Muslim-protest-at-UK-school-over-LGBT-810-500-75-s-c1-2.jpg

The school is 98% Muslim. Perhaps there were some Christians there but the vast majority of protesting parents were Muslim.

The issue here is, if there were only Christian parents protesting do you think the school would have conceded? not a chance and you know it.

thalidomide was prescribed as a wonder cure for morning sickness, you obviously know nothing about it so don't tell me to cop on if you don't understand the topic

Eh i do actually, ive been in lectures discussing it. I know a lot more about it than you. Same way as i know a lot more about vaccines than you

Eh i do actually, ive been in lectures discussing it. I know a lot more about it than you. Same way as i know a lot more about vaccines than you

I don't think you do, I seen it happen with my own eyes, seen thalidomide babies born.
    You learned 3rd hand in college with a lecture designed to paint the medical profession in the best possible light.
    I would claim to know more than me on this topic if I was you

• Advertisement

Given your concerns about this I take it that you've now come to the conclusion that the library having to cancel story time by some members of the LGBT community due to treats of violence by some Christians was wrong?

Must be really hard for people who don't like Muslims and are also homophobic themselves. Spend half your time going on about a conspiracy to brainwash kids into accepting LGBT people and the other half going on about Muslims and the danger that they pose to the country's way of life and the LGBT community, when they actually agree with the same Muslims who hold these types views.

I seen it happen with my own eyes, seen thalidomide babies born.

No, you haven't.

I don't think you do, I seen it happen with my own eyes, seen thalidomide babies born.
    You learned 3rd hand in college with a lecture designed to paint the medical profession in the best possible light.
    I would claim to know more than me on this topic if I was you

I watched a rugby game last week. So by your logic, i know more about rugby than a man who has all his rugby coaching courses.

Come back to me when you have a medical degree like a good lad, theyre easy enough to get.

I watched a rugby game last week. So by your logic, i know more about rugby than a man who has all his rugby coaching courses.

Come back to me when you have a medical degree like a good lad, theyre easy enough to get.
    You obviously don't have a degree , lost the debate then turn to insults,
    Better look next time

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Given your concerns about this I take it that you've now come to the conclusion that the library having to cancel story time by some members of the LGBT community due to treats of violence by some Christians was wrong?

Must be really hard for people who don't like Muslims and are also homophobic themselves. Spend half your time going on about a conspiracy to brainwash kids into accepting LGBT people and the other half going on about Muslims and the danger that they pose to the country's way of life and the LGBT community, when they actually agree with the same Muslims who hold these types views.

Not at all, just pointing out to the LGBT community that when it comes down to it. They are far less of a priority than Muslims, and that Muslim social mores will triumph over theirs..and they should be worried.

I am of course very happy that the drag show in the library was cancelled..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭jackboy

It’s a financial gain for the pharma companies. Big difference between prescribing antibiotics to babies as a precaution to prescribing them to adults with a cold or minor sore throat. Have you or the other doctors told the patients that you are prescribing them antibiotics because you are not sure what is wrong with them? In my experience this rarely happens.

Worst of all, your poor practices are contributing to the increase in antibiotic resistant bugs and the decrease in effectiveness of the antibiotics for those who really need them.

You obviously don't have a degree , lost the debate then turn to insults,
    Better look next time

Eh, yes i have a degree. Mb bao bch. And i didnt lose the debate. What you have not provided once is peer reviewed, credible scientific evidence (not anecdotal, not a youtube video, not a link to a facebook group) to support your claims. I bet you wont either. Im going swimming with my fully vaccinated daughter, i wait with bated breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Not at all, just pointing out to the LGBT community that when it comes down to it. They are far less of a priority than Muslims, and that Muslim social mores will triumph over theirs..and they should be worried.

I am of course very happy that the drag show in the library was cancelled..

It was cancelled because of threats of violence... You conveniently ignored that part. So when Christians behave like that, you ignore.

Just put of interest, for someone who is anti-gay, why do you have a rainbow as your profile pic?

I mean it's quite a popular image for the LGBT community after all.

• Advertisement

Just put of interest, for someone who is anti-gay, why do you have a rainbow as your profile pic?

I mean it's quite a popular image for the LGBT community after all.

Nobody is anti LGBTQI these days it's 2019

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement