Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Muslim-protest-at-UK-school-over-LGBT-810-500-75-s-c1-2.jpg

The school is 98% Muslim. Perhaps there were some Christians there but the vast majority of protesting parents were Muslim.

The issue here is, if there were only Christian parents protesting do you think the school would have conceded? not a chance and you know it.

We won't know until that happens will we, it was christian parents who whinged about a book reading at a library and that got plenty of attention!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Nobody is anti LGBTQI these days it's 2019

Eh, Patty is ranting that unicorns is a secret plot to brainwash children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Multiculturism and diversity is just a fancy name for the old Imperialist agenda, much used by the Romans and the British of Divide, Conquer and Control.
    Mass immigration has been caused by several factors,economic and wars , but most recently by US regime change wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Balkans ,Libya, Syria, Sudan,Somalia ,Ukraine.
    The Western exploitation of resource rich Africa has created poverty along with an exploding population there.
    Mass immigration has been weaponised to undermine Western societies and is not new, going back to the invasion of Europe by the Moors and their defeat by Charles Martel at the Battle of Poitiers/Tours in 732 and the invasion of Europe via the Balkans,stopped at the Gates of Vienna 1529 by a Christian Coalition led by the Polish King Jan Sobieki .
    Suleiman the Magnificent led the Ottoman Army, which had already overrun Hungary.
    It is noticeable that the Poles and Hungarians have not forgotten their history and refuse to allow the mass immigration of mainly Muslim refugees into their country.

Oh my.

It reminds me of a Fresher's history essay written in the pub the night before submission based on what they can remember from the grand total of 35 minutes across 6 lectures they had attended and borrowed notes off the class conspiracy theorist.

Any chance of some footnotes there Newbie since you obviously haven't googled that evidence I keep asking you for...?

Nobody is anti LGBTQI these days it's 2019

Don't be silly, of course they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

batgoat wrote: »
    Eh, Patty is ranting that unicorns is a secret plot to brainwash children.

'Ranting' ...sure buddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

jackboy wrote: »
    It’s a financial gain for the pharma companies. Big difference between prescribing antibiotics to babies as a precaution to prescribing them to adults with a cold or minor sore throat. Have you or the other doctors told the patients that you are prescribing them antibiotics because you are not sure what is wrong with them? In my experience this rarely happens.

Worst of all, your poor practices are contributing to the increase in antibiotic resistant bugs and the decrease in effectiveness of the antibiotics for those who really need them.

Sometimes were not sure whats wrong with people. And i will tell them that. I will explain to people that our thinking might be x y or z. But at the moment im not sure if its x or y. Because unfortunately, medicine isnt black or white.

I have never once nor ever will prescribed a medicine for the benefit of a drug company. I dont even know which company makes which drugs, as doctors were encouraged to prescribe generically e.g. phenoxymethylpenicillin or amoxicillin/clavulonic acid or salbutamol

Just put of interest, for someone who is anti-gay, why do you have a rainbow as your profile pic?

I mean it's quite a popular image for the LGBT community after all.
    'Ranting' ...sure buddy

Any answer?

Really, I'm wondering if you're so concerned with the propagation of rainbows/unicorns, you use one yourself?

'Ranting' ...sure buddy

You literally linked to a load of images to attempt to claim that unicorns are a secret plot to make children tolerant... "Ranting" is a fair descriptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bells of shandon

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Oh my.

It reminds me of a Fresher's history essay written in the pub the night before submission based on what they can remember from the grand total of 35 minutes across 6 lectures they had attended and borrowed notes off the class conspiracy theorist.

Any chance of some footnotes there Newbie since you obviously haven't googled that evidence I keep asking you for...?
    Big surprise ,we got another smartarse, without any ability to debate a reasoned argument. Get out more from your mothers basement and do some research.

Big surprise ,we got another smartarse, without any ability to debate a reasoned argument. Get out more from your mothers basement and do some research.

Said the person who has supplied absolutely zero evidence for anything.

• Advertisement

You literally linked to a load of images to attempt to claim that unicorns are a secret plot to make children tolerant... "Ranting" is a fair descriptor.

I claimed that Unicorn imagery is being used to expose children to Transgender/Gender ideology...which it is. The key word here is 'ideology'

Its a fact, no matter how much you deny it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Surely you guys DONT want people doing research?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Multiculturism and diversity is just a fancy name for the old Imperialist agenda, much used by the Romans and the British of Divide, Conquer and Control.
    Mass immigration has been caused by several factors,economic and wars , but most recently by US regime change wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Balkans ,Libya, Syria, Sudan,Somalia ,Ukraine.
    The Western exploitation of resource rich Africa has created poverty along with an exploding population there.
    Mass immigration has been weaponised to undermine Western societies and is not new, going back to the invasion of Europe by the Moors and their defeat by Charles Martel at the Battle of Poitiers/Tours in 732 and the invasion of Europe via the Balkans,stopped at the Gates of Vienna 1529 by a Christian Coalition led by the Polish King Jan Sobieki .
    Suleiman the Magnificent led the Ottoman Army, which had already overrun Hungary.
    It is noticeable that the Poles and Hungarians have not forgotten their history and refuse to allow the mass immigration of mainly Muslim refugees into their country.

how-to-party-or-what.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Loving this thread guys. It's a nice bit of free promotion for the criminally underrated Saint Sister. Gemma and Morgan are making some of the most haunting music in Ireland right now.

This is a pretty class collaboration.

I claimed that Unicorn imagery is being used to expose children to Transgender/Gender ideology...which it is. The key word here is 'ideology'

Jesus, wait till you hear about otters..

Jesus, wait till you hear about otters..

Significant Otters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭manufan16

I came accross these videos on twitter and thought of this thread.

https://youtu.be/QJ-3g49IvP0

https://youtu.be/8HAQjnakuuc

https://youtu.be/NAlwhA8qcus

Before any of you get any ideas, this is satire, enjoy :pac:

Just ignore me so.

It's fairly pathetic tbh.

*Shrugs*

Just ignore me so.

It's fairly pathetic tbh.

*Shrugs*

User has a history of linking to unusual stories in the thread, you may be better off. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Loving this thread guys. It's a nice bit of free promotion for the criminally underrated Saint Sister. Gemma and Morgan are making some of the most haunting music in Ireland right now.

This is a pretty class collaboration.

It's REALLY not catching on, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

manufan16 wrote: »
    I came accross these videos on twitter and thought of this thread.

https://youtu.be/QJ-3g49IvP0

https://youtu.be/8HAQjnakuuc

https://youtu.be/NAlwhA8qcus

Before any of you get any ideas, this is satire, enjoy :pac:

He got some abuse over those, foreign fans wondering if he'd gone mad and Irish gemtrails fans attacking.. Apparently the tin foil hat was too subtle :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Her detractors seem to be obsessed with Gemma, seems to be a shoe in to win that seat

Her detractors seem to be obsessed with Gemma, seems to be a shoe in to win that seat

Ill eat my shoe if she gets over 1000 first prefetences

It'll be interesting to see just how many Gemmaroids there are

Shes running in one of the most socially liberal sections. She has not a chance even if people ignored all of the conspiratorial ****e that she writes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

thalidomide was prescribed as a wonder cure for morning sickness, you obviously know nothing about it so don't tell me to cop on if you don't understand the topic

Its a drug that was brought to market for nausea and other uses. Then someone went "oh, pregnant women get nausea , we should give it to them too" . Then the problems started with the kids being born.

Thalidomide is still used, but not on pregnant women .

Science and medicine has come a long way since the 50's

Ill eat my shoe if she gets over 1000 first prefetences

Are you serious she will get 10x that figure

The school is 98% Muslim. Perhaps there were some Christians there but the vast majority of protesting parents were Muslim.

The issue here is, if there were only Christian parents protesting do you think the school would have conceded? not a chance and you know it.

Would a Christian school have even considered discussing LGBT issues in the first place, other than to talk about how they would be made to suffer for their sins?

Ok she prob will get closer to 10000. Thankfully the quota will be closer to 100000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Sure Jan gif

I was trying to figure out why people are so determined to go after Gemma,
    It's obviously party hacks just slating her as she is the most likely to win the seat

It's obviously party hacks just slating her as she is the most likely to win the seat

Refuting absolute ****e put out by someone isnt "going after them" .

I mean, I doubt theres any circulars going around party offices about certain posters in this thread for instance..........

Shes putting her thoughts out in to the world, people are entitled to explain to her how wrong she is.

Yes, the fake left are absolutely terrified of her as she's most likely to take their seats rather than the 2 main parties.

As is obvious by now they're all over this thread

I mean, I doubt theres any circulars going around party offices about certain posters in this thread for instance..........

Shes putting her thoughts out in to the world, people are entitled to explain to her how wrong she is.

Vaguely threatening...very nice.

Or maybe they are, I'll be voting for her now anyway, she is a strong independent woman is be proud to have her represent Ireland,

• Advertisement

Vaguely threatening...very nice.

What am I vaguely threatening with? Various separate political parties I have no connection to?

Maybe I'll hold up a bank in leitrim with the idea of a gun thats in India belonging to a guy I dont know.

Or maybe they are, I'll be voting for her now anyway, she is a strong independent woman is be proud to have her represent Ireland,

Only now you'll be voting for her? Sure.

Only now you'll be voting for her? Sure.

Gemma, you were always able to vote for yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

I'd be very surprised if she does, in the crowded alt-right field you have an irexit a "yellow vest" and an anti abortion candidate.

Also should she go on TV and debate, the issue of chemtrails, the NZ false flag posting and anti-vaxx will be surely brought up, and it will beinteresting to see her defend these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

as she is the most likely to win the seat
    You should bet all your assets on her at Paddy Power, because you'd come out with an absolute fortune.

478827.JPG
    You do believe it enough to put your money where your mouth is, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Gemma doesn't need anyone to go after her. Associating with an increasingly perverse collection of fascists, pseudo-scientists and outright lunatics is demonstration enough for voters.

And don't take my word or the word of "party hacks" for it, look at her twitter following and the increasing number of comments along the lines of "i have supported you up to now, but..."

Gemma was a threat while she stuck to issues about which there was a murky history, unanswered questions, but now she has gone fully over to the NWO illuminati, islamaphobic, anti-vaxx, chemtrail dark side, she has blown that vein of credibility.

She'll be losing her deposit, while no doubt blaming the MSM and establishment parties for subverting and sabotaging her.

B1tch be cray cray.

You should bet all your assets on her at Paddy Power, because you'd come out with an absolute fortune.

478827.JPG
    You do believe it enough to put your money where your mouth is, right?

I'm not a gambling Man, but I don't buy them odds they tried the same with Peter Casey only for rte he would have come first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Just an observation on this thread. Everyone that holds opinions contrary to the accepted narrative, be they Gemma O Doherty or John Waters is labeled as mad, mentally ill, bonkers, doolally. Trans people were similarly labeled in the not too distant past. Will we ever get to the stage where we can tolerate diversity of opinion even if the opinion is unpopular?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I'm not a gambling Man, but I don't buy them odds they tried the same with Peter Casey only for rte he would have come first

Maybe you should encourage the missus to put her bingo money into this one instead. Much, much better odds on the table for you.

Sorry, but who's the 'they' in your claim that 'they tried the same'?

PP were fairly accurate with Casey;

https://news.paddypower.com/politics/2018/10/25/peter-casey-irelands-next-president/

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Just an observation on this thread. Everyone that holds opinions contrary to the accepted narrative, be they Gemma O Doherty or John Waters is labeled as mad, mentally ill, bonkers, doolally. Trans people were similarly labeled in the not too distant past. Will we ever get to the stage where we can tolerate diversity of opinion even if the opinion is unpopular?

Trans people?? You're on your own there I daresay, unless you can cite examples or a bit of context.

The folk you mention are so labelled because there is little or no objective evidence to support some of the mad stuff they come out with. People are funny like that about the truth. I don't think John Waters is mentally ill, he's just a contrarian with a chip on his shoulder and on another day he could very eloquently make an argument to contradict himself. I do however think Gemma is suffering from mental illness, probably induced by grief and she needs help.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Trans people?? You're on your own there I daresay, unless you can cite examples or a bit of context.

The folk you mention are so labelled because there is little or no objective evidence to support some of the mad stuff they come out with. People are funny like that about the truth. I don't think John Waters is mentally ill, he's just a contrarian with a chip on his shoulder and on another day he could very eloquently make an argument to contradict himself. I do however think Gemma is suffering from mental illness, probably induced by grief and she needs help.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/28/the-w-h-o-says-being-transgender-is-a-mental-illness-but-thats-about-to-change/?utm_term=.7ce3dd911cff

Homosexuality was regarded as a mental illness until relatively recently also.

I think it does a huge disservice to those who suffer from mental health issues to lazily throw the “mental health” label at those whose views you find intolerable.

I'm not lazily throwing a label at anyone, I know what it is to have mental illness in my family and I go only by the evidence, i.e. the change to be seen in a Gemma.

I'm intolerant of the views of Trump, Le Pen, Yaxley-Lennon and the like because they keep themselves purposely close to the mainstream to prey on vulnerable people, but Gemma is so far gone, tolerance doesn't come into it, its more about flagging her harassment of small groups and individuals.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I'm not lazily throwing a label at anyone, I know what it is to have mental illness in my family and I go only by the evidence, i.e. the change to be seen in a Gemma.

I'm intolerant of the views of Trump, Le Pen, Yaxley-Lennon and the like because they keep themselves purposely close to the mainstream to prey on vulnerable people, but Gemma is so far gone, tolerance doesn't come into it, its more about flagging her harassment of small groups and individuals.

Of course you are labeling people. Labeling people as mentally ill in an attempt to undermine their credibility. As if the fact of suffering from a mental illness precludes one from holding any rational views.
    You say you know what it is to have mental illness in your family, then sure you should be a little more circumspect in applying labels to others.

I'm not a gambling Man,
    Surely free money is free money though?

SafeSurfer wrote: »

Well , when the earth turns out to be flat wont we all have egg on our faces.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement