Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

There's a moral vacuum now that the Catholic Church has been virtually stripped of it's powers.

You're.... you're joking right?

Right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...this would be the shower than abused its power and those in its care for decades? An "immoral" vacuum maybe.

I wouldn't tar everyone with the same brush. Some bad things happened, but far outweighed by the good. I don't recall dead bodies being left in hospital corridors in the old days.

I wouldn't tar everyone with the same brush. Some bad things happened, but far outweighed by the good. I don't recall dead bodies being left in hospital corridors in the old days.

No they were just thrown in to septic tanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Also Gemma, it's probably not a good idea to insult people and make wild accusations and assumptions about them just because they didn't want to talk to you.
    Any good politician knows that.

Jesus, what am I saying, any bad politician also knows that.

No they were just thrown in to septic tanks.

Lol. You don't honestly believe that surely.

Are you saying it's a conspiracy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

Well they weren't given coffins, a Christian funeral and buried on consecrated grounds, as you would expect from a religious order... you can argue the septic tank part all you want, those babies were treated inhumanely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Odhinn

GTF.

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    Well they weren't given coffins, a Christian funeral and buried on consecrated grounds, as you would expect from a religious order... you can argue the septic tank part all you want, those babies were treated inhumanely.

Why would there began argument over the septic tank? It was confirmed that never actually happened. The Church were just trying to clean up other people's mess.

Why would there began argument over the septic tank? It was confirmed that never actually happened. The Church were just trying to clean up other people's mess.

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭circadian

Your mask has fallen off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

You are doing a despicable rewrite of how the church treated women, children and survivors of abuse. You are an absolute disgrace.

Source?

The report from the Commission of Investigaion. It's worrying, but not surprising, how many people still believe the batshyt crazy narrative in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sharia law has already been recognised in UK courts. And it's not uncommon for it to be enforced on the ground within predominantly Muslim areas of Britain. We've already seen cases of FGM here in Ireland. Why would you not expect to see a push for it over here? There's a moral vacuum now that the Catholic Church has been virtually stripped of it's powers.

You're seriously using the RCC as your moral guidline?

The same religion thay enslaved women in work houses? that sold children to Americans? who buried babies in a sceptic tank?

The report from the Commission of Investigaion. It's worrying, but not surprising, how many people still believe the batshyt crazy narrative in this.

Again - source (source being the specific quote and a link)

Looking at report. The archaeologist concluded its possibly purpose was for cesspool or tanks into which waste would be deposited. This was in addition to the septic tank. Think that improves it in some way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

The report from the Commission of Investigation is damning:

"The combination of an institutional boarding home and commingled interments of juvenile remains in a sewage treatment system is a unique situation, with no directly comparable domestic or international cases." ~ https://www.dcya.gov.ie/documents/mother_and_baby_homes/20171212MBHExperttechGroupReport.pdf

(See - quote and source. It's not hard.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

You're seriously using the RCC as your moral guidline?

The same religion thay enslaved women in work houses? that sold children to Americans? who buried babies in a sceptic tank?

Seriously enslaved women in work houses??
    I think you will find it was the women's family's who sent these women to the laundries.
    Unwanted children had to be adopted give it a rest with Catholic basing.
    The church has done a lot more for Irish people and shouldn't pay for the mistakes of a few bad apple's

I think you will find it was the women's family's who sent these women to the laundries.
    The church has done a lot more for Irish people and shouldn't pay for the mistakes of a few bad apple's

Wow.

You have done NO research in what happened in a Magdalene laundry.

I have interviewed women who have been incarcerated there. They could not leave. They could run away,but they could not leave of their own volition.

Was it the families that made them change their first names? No, it was the nuns.

They went hungry, they weren't allowed to talk to each other, they worked all the time for no money.

I remember one woman who told me that when she was ironing the expensive linen set for the top hotels, she used to imagine judges and official people sleep on the pillows that she was ironing, and whisper "help" into them.

I strongly encourage you do some research from first hand accounts and you will see how wrong you are to defend the church in this matter.

As for the slave trade of Irish children, that's exactly what it was. Wealthy (usually American) families paid the church for the child. I think you'll find exchanging money for a human life, (not to mention it was done without the consent of the parents) is pretty much the dictionary definition of a slave trade, regardless of how well the child was reared

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Am I the only one a tad uneasy in how this woman is being treated?

I mean that in the sense that she clearly has problems and making fun of her might not be in good taste at this stage.

Just my 2 cents.

I mean that in the sense that she clearly has problems and making fun of her might not be in good taste at this stage.

Just my 2 cents.

I've been thinking the same, however, her poisonous dirge is being approved by a lot of Irish people and that should not be tolerated.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I stated earlier, she doesn't have problem in my opinion, she is very calculated.

Again - source (source being the specific quote and a link)

Look mate, the official report is at odds with your claim. It's up to you to back up your version of events.

Being made to work without pay is pretty much the definition of slavery. Magdalene Laundries were operated by Roman Catholic orders of nuns in Ireland until 1996. They still refuse to pay compensation to women.

Women who escaped from Laundries were returned to them by the Gardaí. This is all on record and reported on.

Yes, families did put their family members into Magdalene Laundries - that's what happens when you've been competely indoctrinated for decades, and society is being effectively run by the church so much that a family would feel so much shame at the likes of a teen pregnancy that they'd put their daughter or sister into a Mother and Baby Home.

But there are also many documented cases of widowers having their kids taken from them, or people in poverty being put into laundries involuntarily, and priests telling families to put particular children in.

"Unwanted" children were often actually wanted, but there were no financial supports until 1972. There was legal adoption from 1952, yet religious-run agencies kept performing illegal adoptions, using false records, often to the U.S. (which was far more lucrative!) even though foreign adoptions weren't legal, right up until the 70s/80s. Legal adoptions required full, free and informed consent. That was often dispensed with by the agencies and mother and baby homes. Again, all on record. ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Banished-Babies-Secret-Irelands-Business/dp/1848401337 )

Children taking part in a medical trial also requires full, free and informed parental consent, but that didn't stop the Mother and Baby Homes run by religious orders dispensing with that consent and taking payments to allow children be used in trials of new vaccines in the 50s and 60s.

So give it a rest with the Catholic whitewashing.

Look mate, the official report is at odds with your claim. It's up to you to back up your version of events.

No, you made the claim. Please give a link and quote to the relevant section.

• Advertisement

Look mate, the official report is at odds with your claim.

Which report? Cos really, no, you're wrong:

The combination of an institutional boarding home and commingled interments of juvenile remains in a sewage treatment system is a unique situation, with no directly comparable domestic or international cases. ~ https://www.dcya.gov.ie/documents/mother_and_baby_homes/20171212MBHExperttechGroupReport.pdf

Which report? Cos really, no, you're wrong:

The combination of an institutional boarding home and commingled interments of juvenile remains in a sewage treatment system is a unique situation, with no directly comparable domestic or international cases. ~ https://www.dcya.gov.ie/documents/mother_and_baby_homes/20171212MBHExperttechGroupReport.pdf

Yeah, I'm looking for the part where it says they were dumped in a septic tank.

Where were the babies that died in the nun's care buried? I'm from very near Tuam, it's not the graveyard they are in.

Why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Charlie

Just my 2 cents.

There's a world of difference between having mental health problems and being a nasty person. She is the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ah , youre back. Did you find that list of stuff Gemma has been proven right on lately yet?

Ah , youre back. Did you find that list of stuff Gemma has been proven right on lately yet?

I think you have to provide that yourself, pretty sure that's how this works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yes enslaved,

Catholic families to Catholic Church run laundries. ( to be fair the Protestants had their own setup)

Unwanted by who? Rarely the mother I’d think.

A few bad apples? A few bad apples couldn’t run the orchard. It was institutionally run badness.
    They absolutely should pay for the mistakes even if it was of just a few bad apples, which it certainly wasn’t.

circadian wrote: »
    I think you have to provide that yourself, pretty sure that's how this works.

I think you'll find it was Charles claiming she was proved right, and everyone else going "Wait, wha'?" and asking for proof for that claim.

At which point Charles disappeared.

"...commingled interments of juvenile remains in a sewage treatment system..."

Would it help if it was in ALL CAPS or BOLDED?

As soon as I get home I'll post quotes but the intent of the structure was a cesspool or "waste storage"... So yep, moral vacuum right there.

"...commingled interments of juvenile remains in a sewage treatment system..."

Would it help if it was in ALL CAPS or BOLDED?

Yes, if you like. Please put in bold or caps the part where it says babies remains were dumped into a septic tank.

I think you'll find it was Charles claiming she was proved right, and everyone else going "Wait, wha'?" and asking for proof for that claim.

At which point Charles disappeared.

I was being sarcastic, forgot the pacman.

Yes, if you like. Please put in bold or caps the part where it says babies remains were dumped into a septic tank.

Page 71 specifies while it wasn't used as a septic tank, it's intended purpose appeared to be for a cesspool for storing sewage. So basically not a bloody burial ground...

https://www.dcya.gov.ie/documents/mother_and_baby_homes/20190416Mother&BabyHomesBurials5thInterimReport.pdf

If your argument is "It wasn't a sewage tank, it was just a tank where stewage was stored", I won't be taking your opinions on moral compasses onboard, you don't have one.

Again: Despite being cared for by a religious order, these little babies were not given a coffin, a funeral or buried in consecrated grounds.

Argue away about whether or not it was technically a septic tank, it wasn't a f**king graveyard and those kids deserved better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Yes seriously enslaved women in work houses. Any tiny bit of research will show this to be true but you know that already.

You know what the Catholic Church did for Irish people. Control. A bunch of judgy ***** is all they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

harr wrote: »
    Lads do you think she will continue with the mad videos after the election? Because to be honest we do have a great bit craic going over her tweets and videos everyday ... I showed the wife a few videos yesterday and she genuine taught the videos were satire from a comedy show.
    Prepare yourself for the videos about the conspiracy to keeping her out of politics when she doesn't get elected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Prepare yourself for the videos about the conspiracy to keeping her out of politics when she doesn't get elected.

Yep

How the communists and the islamists ganged together and chemtrailed the sky and flouridated the water to brainwash all the sheeple to shop in Boots and vote FG and how she really topped the poll but the guards stole all her votes cause they didnt like what she said about Soros or the Globalists or Mary Boyle. And Gemma of course is the sole voice of sanity and reason in Ireland.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Just seen her latest video from Tallaght

Apparently a woman snatched a leaflet out of her hand, this constitutes an "attack" in Gemma's mind.

In the video she is recording the woman (who is recording her) and the video is entitled "ACI attackes by soros shill".

She repeatedly asks on the video if anyone knows the womans name and if they do please contact her with the name.

Another post (this ones a classic)

"Pure tripe from big pharma media. Kures for Kancer are already available but are being banned and those distributing them die suddenly or are jailed. Forgive the spelling but Google censor if you use 'C'

That's right folks, she spelled it KURES FOR KANCER because Google censors the letter C :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

Nuns threw it in a septic tank back in the day...

HSE flush it down the jacks today...how progressive, we've really moved on.

baby-1.jpg

But wait! Its just a clump of cells!

But why then do the HSE call the remains of a miscarriage a 'baby'

And tell mothers that they can 'bury your baby'

baby-2.jpg

How can one be a baby and another be 'remains'??

That doesn't really make sense does it?

Schrodingers baby I suppose..

Nuns threw it in a septic tank back in the day...

HSE flush it down the jacks today...how progressive, we've really moved on.

baby-1.jpg

But wait! Its just a clump of cells!

But why then do the HSE call the remains of a miscarriage a 'baby'

And tell mothers that they can 'bury your baby'

baby-2.jpg

How can one be a baby and another be 'remains'??

That doesn't really make sense does it?

Schrodingers baby I suppose..

And Gemma completely reasonable in her conspiracies. You must be hiding in your flouride free house to avoid all the poisons and communists. Quick look. Theres a red under the bed trying to flouridate your water. Hes part of Soross globalist army.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Another post (this ones a classic)

"Pure tripe from big pharma media. Kures for Kancer are already available but are being banned and those distributing them die suddenly or are jailed. Forgive the spelling but Google censor if you use 'C'

That's right folks, she spelled it KURES FOR KANCER because Google censors the letter C :confused:

I'm looking up the Grammy Award Winning Kraig David as we speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

And Gemma completely reasonable in her conspiracies. You must be hiding in your flouride free house to avoid all the poisons and communists. Quick look. Theres a red under the bed trying to flouridate your water. Hes part of Soross globalist army.

Nice evasion there...very blatant

• Advertisement

Nice evasion there...very blatant

They're hiding the sun again today.

The Soros cabal, The communists, The Islamists and The Flouridators have conspired together to hide it.

They will probably make it rain on election day so gemma loses

Terry Pratchet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement