Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A game suggestion for a total gaming n00b

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Snipperclips on the Switch is my suggestion. Really fun puzzle game where you both have to work together, but there's also a competitive streak were you can annoy the other player if you really want.

That or Dark Souls.

Or just get divorced if she doesn't like Mario. There's no saving her.

Excellent choice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    You would only have to show her the proper arcade version you have on your cab... She can become besties with the parrot again while playing, and the parrot will sing you the music after...

Doo da doo doo doo doo! Doo da doo doo doo doo. Doo da doo doo doo doo doo ba doo bee da doo da doo!

The parrot is no more.
    It is deceased.
    Bereft of life.
    It has gone to meet its maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,112 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm actually shocked she's not played a game before with the collection you have :eek:

Also she should be CiderWoman if the young fella is CidoneaLad!!

I got herself playing Crash Remastered again and Smash.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Also she should be CiderWoman if the young fella is CidoneaLad!!

Nah. She starts as room temperature apple juice in a tetra pack with a straw, and works her way up from there. She has to earn her stripes. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    Nah. She starts as room temperature apple juice in a tetra pack with a straw, and works her way up from there. She has to earn her stripes. :pac:

I'll be sure to let her know she's been described as a room temp juice box.

I would probably move house, like, now... just in case....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mr E wrote: »

T'was nice knowing you!

CiDeRmAn I'm sorry to hear the parrot is an ex-parrot, I know how much you hated it... :p

Star Lord wrote: »
    T'was nice knowing you!

CiDeRmAn I'm sorry to hear the parrot is an ex-parrot, I know how much you hated it... :p

Ding Dong the witch is dead, which old witch, the wicked witch, ding dong the wicked witch is dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Inviere

tony1980 wrote: »
    One problem, she doesn’t like Mario apparently.

That'd likely change after spending some time with the game.

Inviere wrote: »
    That'd likely change after spending some time with the game.

We shall see.

She has a paper to turn in after which we might see but, in truth, I don't expect anything to come of it, she will go on loathing videogames.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    she will go on loathing videogames.

That's a bit like loathing films without having ever watched one, or loathing books without ever having read one. Video games are as diverse as any modern media, some she will actually hate, some she would probably love if given the investment.

• Advertisement

Inviere wrote: »
    That's a bit like loathing films without having ever watched one, or loathing books without ever having read one. Video games are as diverse as any modern media, some she will actually hate, some she would probably love if given the investment.

Yes I know.

In truth, she used to like videogames, back in the NES days.
    Apparently she was rather good at duck hunt, but a toxic pr1ck took exception and made her regret ever playing it.
    Hence, no more videogames.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yes I know.

In truth, she used to like videogames, back in the NES days.
    Apparently she was rather good at duck hunt, but a toxic pr1ck took exception and made her regret ever playing it.
    Hence, no more videogames.

Sounds like she whipped some shmuck and it didn't go down well. Gimp :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

It had probably been mentioned but what about a Telltale/Life is Strange type game? You can't really fail at those other than kill an innocent child.

Scribblenauts.
    Captain Toad.
    Professor Layton.
    The latest Spyro trilogy.
    Everybody's Golf.
    Angry Birds.
    Super Mario Run.
    Ninja Gaiden.

Generally a minimal amount of input and systems would be preferable, with the aim being to get past a small section of a level while having a longer term goal of beating level 1 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

She should play the Legend of Zelda, A link to the Past.

The snes masterpiece.

Simple controls, good progression, brilliant music and gets challenging later on.

If she doesn't like it, theres no hope for her

Akrasia wrote: »
    She should play the Legend of Zelda, A link to the Past.

The snes masterpiece.

Simple controls, good progression, brilliant music and gets challenging later on.

If she doesn't like it, theres no hope for her

That one also occurred to me too, pretty great game to get started with. Another suggestion, one of the Civilization games? They're like crack!

Advertisement