Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can no one in Eir port a number

• 24-01-2019 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

I have spoken to 11 different people in Eir and spent over 3 hours trying to get the service I requested. I am a broadband customer and recently moved my 2 mobiles from prepay to postpay. I did all this online and filled in all the information. However to date Eir have only ported the number of one of the phones. I tried to do it online myself to be told I can't. I have been on online chat to 2 different people and neither could do it. I have spoken to 9 different people between 1905 and 1901 and I just keep getting transferred. From a customer point of view it seems like it should be the easiest thing to do, change from prepay Eir to postpay Eir yet your staff don't seem to have a clue how to do it. To top it off, while on hold for 45 minutes this morning I get a text notifying me that my Eir bill, for a service I'm not receiving, is ready. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

GSOIRL wrote: »
    I have spoken to 11 different people in Eir and spent over 3 hours trying to get the service I requested. I am a broadband customer and recently moved my 2 mobiles from prepay to postpay. I did all this online and filled in all the information. However to date Eir have only ported the number of one of the phones. I tried to do it online myself to be told I can't. I have been on online chat to 2 different people and neither could do it. I have spoken to 9 different people between 1905 and 1901 and I just keep getting transferred. From a customer point of view it seems like it should be the easiest thing to do, change from prepay Eir to postpay Eir yet your staff don't seem to have a clue how to do it. To top it off, while on hold for 45 minutes this morning I get a text notifying me that my Eir bill, for a service I'm not receiving, is ready. 
    Hi GSOIRL, 

Sorry to hear you are having problems porting your number. 

COuld you PM the following details? 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Mobile Number (the one you received when you ordered and the number you want to port)
    4. DOB
    5 Are you the Account Holder?

As soon as I get this information I will be happy to assist

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

GSOIRL wrote: »
    Make yourself the biggest pot if tea and get comfortable as you will be waiting and absolute AGE getting a reply for Eir on the phone. Numerous threads on the topic

Advertisement