Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My line has been ceased for some reason according to engineer

• 24-01-2019 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi, 
    Can anybody from Eir help?
    Yesterday morning my internet stopped working , Have green light on DSL and wifi but no green light on internet..
    was on to webchat yesterday doing all the usual router resets etc. to no avail. 
    Engineer rang my wife today to tell her that the line had been physically ceased for some reason unknown to us. 
    He said this was common if service was going to another provider or such.
    I have acc. no. and cease reference . 

Just want it remedied asap  

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭lanciadub

Update (for what its worth) 

I have been on to Eir all morning and am currently on hold nearly an hour to the “loyalty” dept.
    My line was ceased for no reason and nobody can tell me why it happened and apparently this is the only dept. that can reactivate it .

I heard bad things about Eir before i signed up , but i said to myself ,sure how bad can they be? 
    Now i know...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭lanciadub

another update 

After over 3 hours (11.06 - 14.10) after being bounced from one department to another i eventually got somebody who promised i would be reconnected , whether or not this actually happens remains to be seen. .

The people i dealt with were quite nice and i dont envy their position but its an absolute disgrace that any company could have customer service wait times  that bad . 

What really makes it annoying is that my line was disconnected due to an error on Eir behalf and i had to waste half a day to get it sorted . 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

lanciadub wrote: »
    another update 

After over 3 hours (11.06 - 14.10) after being bounced from one department to another i eventually got somebody who promised i would be reconnected , whether or not this actually happens remains to be seen. .

The people i dealt with were quite nice and i dont envy their position but its an absolute disgrace that any company could have customer service wait times  that bad . 

What really makes it annoying is that my line was disconnected due to an error on Eir behalf and i had to waste half a day to get it sorted . 
    Hi lanciadub, 

Sorry to hear your service was ceased. 

Could you PM the following details and I can follow up with the agent that is looking after this?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder

Once I get this information I will be happy to look into this for you. 

Grainne

Advertisement