Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get through to cancel broadband

• 24-01-2019 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,  
    I was wondering can anybody help me out. I want to cancel my broadband because I have finished my deal and it is now too expensive. I have tried the phone number but have been waiting for over 45 minutes with no answer. I also tried to switch to sky but they cannot switch me because I am one of the customers who has fibre to the door but my phone still runs through the copper line. Therefore I am stuck. 
    Thanks
    Charlie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Hi,  
    I was wondering can anybody help me out. I want to cancel my broadband because I have finished my deal and it is now too expensive. I have tried the phone number but have been waiting for over 45 minutes with no answer. I also tried to switch to sky but they cannot switch me because I am one of the customers who has fibre to the door but my phone still runs through the copper line. Therefore I am stuck. 
    Thanks
    Charlie
    I had the same issue with them - try contacting them on FB if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi,  
    Thanks
    Charlie
    Hi charliepsmith, 

Sorry to hear you want to cancel your account. 

Details on how to cancel your account can be found here

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 8 charliepsmith

It's a bit of a joke. One of Ireland biggest telecommunications companies and you have to post a letter to get them to cancel your broadband. Been waiting for days on the phone line. Can't get to speak to anybody. I suppose they hope you will get fed up and just stay with them. I shouldn't be surprised, this is Ireland after all. I must run to the post office and send the letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

It's a bit of a joke. One of Ireland biggest telecommunications companies and you have to post a letter to get them to cancel your broadband. Been waiting for days on the phone line. Can't get to speak to anybody. I suppose they hope you will get fed up and just stay with them. I shouldn't be surprised, this is Ireland after all. I must run to the post office and send the letter.
    Hi charliepsmith, 

All of the steps to cancel an account were outlined in the link I put in my last post. 

These are the only ways that you can request for your account to be cancelled. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement