Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir FTTH F2000 Phone line

• 24-01-2019 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have FTTH connected to a F2000 Eir router.

When my phone is plugged into port Tel1 or 2 I get a beeping tone rather than dial tone.

Looking at the config on the router there is not entered in the Telephone or Voip sections.

Should there be config in those section in order for my phone to work.

Call support has no affect as they keep telling me to plug my phone into the wall and don't not understand it a fibre connection with no port for a phone in the wall.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Unless you are on VOBB then the phone should indeed be plugged in to the phone socket on the wall.
    If you are on VOBB then the VOIP settings may need resending (I assume they checked if you are using a PSTN or VOBB line)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Geimhreadh

fritzelly wrote: »
    Unless you are on VOBB then the phone should indeed be plugged in to the phone socket on the wall.
    If you are on VOBB then the VOIP settings may need resending (I assume they checked if you are using a PSTN or VOBB line)
    So when I moved from the DSL Broadband to the FTTH Eir should have move my phone line as well from PSTN to VOBB?

Not necessarily, FTTH could have been installed and the phone left as PSTN - check your bills or Welcome to eir email or even myeir.ie and see if it mentions VOBB

Not necessarily, FTTH could have been installed and the phone left as PSTN - check your bills or Welcome to eir email or even myeir.ie and see if it mentions VOBB
    That might explain it alright except I m from looking at the cables outside the house it appears the engineer who installed the fibre cut the PSTN line for good measure ha ha.

Cant get into my bills for some reason but my package is listed as below.

eir Complete Broadband & Phone
    12 month contract eir Fibre and eir Talk:

If you are on pstn then get it changed to vobb, take a day maybe a bit longer

• Advertisement

If you are on pstn then get it changed to vobb, take a day maybe a bit longer
    Cool thanks so much for your help. 

Anything I speak to someone on the customer care or tech support they just kept saying I should have it plugged into the wall.

I ll try request the move to VOBB and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Geimhreadh wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have FTTH connected to a F2000 Eir router.

When my phone is plugged into port Tel1 or 2 I get a beeping tone rather than dial tone.

Looking at the config on the router there is not entered in the Telephone or Voip sections.

Should there be config in those section in order for my phone to work.

Call support has no affect as they keep telling me to plug my phone into the wall and don't not understand it a fibre connection with no port for a phone in the wall.
    Hi Geimhreadh, 

I would suggest contacting our technical team in regard to this. 

They can be contacted by calling 1890260260 or through our online technical team here

If they are unable to assist you will need to contact our customer care team on 1901. 

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I had this problem and online chat support sorted it in a few minutes by sending the VOIP details to my router. 

Advertisement