Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Google search engine search by the information you provide.

Options
  • 24-01-2019 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

Does Google search engine search by the information you provide. I am told I am quiet person, intelligent and generally a nice guy.
    Would Google spiders and algorithm adopt that for my searches.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

ops.meme_.nba_-768x576.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Talisman

If you want to be paranoid, then the Google machine knows more about you from your online behaviour than you realise.

Whenever you type a website address into the browser it needs to find out what computer it needs to talk to. It does this by resolving the domain name into an internet address using the DNS (Domain Name Service) - the largest public DNS is operated by Google since 2009. Their service handles hundreds of billions of requests everyday.

If they chose to do so they could use your browsing habits to profile you - they don't need to use your search history to profile you because you've already given their algorithms some valuable insights.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭14ned

Talisman wrote: »
    If they chose to do so they could use your browsing habits to profile you - they don't need to use your search history to profile you because you've already given their algorithms some valuable insights.

They track everybody, irrespective. I'm unique on https://amiunique.org/ because I run such a privacy focused config. Custom web browser, custom Android build, all never recording nor storing anything. Makes me very unique, and thus perfectly trackable.

Statistics is a bitch.

Niall

Advertisement