Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi opening in Ashtown

Options
  • 24-01-2019 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if there is any truth to the rumer about aldi going in at the far side of ashtown at the top of the ballyboggan road?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

dave 27 wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if there is any truth to the rumer about aldi going in at the far side of ashtown at the top of the ballyboggan road?

Yes. It's due to open in May 2019 opposite Romayos.
    Date has been pushed back a few times but it's largely built now so don't see it delaying much further.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

More or less finished the main build, say they are ahead of schedule due to the good weather.

It's a bit hidden, but they always do well.

Passed it last week, lot of work to do yet. Maybe by june.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

septictank wrote: »
    Passed it last week, lot of work to do yet. Maybe by june.

I haven't seen this Aldi in Ashtown but if you go by Lidl in Castleknock (i'm sure they work off a similar blueprint) that didn't look close to finished the day before it opened!

• Advertisement

Remind me wrote: »
    I haven't seen this Aldi in Ashtown but if you go by Lidl in Castleknock (i'm sure they work off a similar blueprint) that didn't look close to finished the day before it opened!

Ha,ha here's hoping.

It's opening on the 27th of june, it'll be handy and not too busy with big trolly shops, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

It's opening on the 27th of june, it'll be handy and not too busy with big trolly shops, I'd say.

This will be a god send. The Lidl around the corner is so sh!te and never properly stocked. I used to shop in Aldi and it is a much better organised shop with nicer products

dave 27 wrote: »
    This will be a god send. The Lidl around the corner is so sh!te and never properly stocked. I used to shop in Aldi and it is a much better organised shop with nicer products

Lidl Glassneven? It's full of auld wan with trolly loads of stuff. Your longer in the queue for the till than doing the shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Lidl Glassneven? It's full of auld wan with trolly loads of stuff. Your longer in the queue for the till than doing the shopping.

Thats the one!

• Advertisement

I got a flyer in the door, no special offers like they used to do.

They would give 30% or Half price for a week, nothing, ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

septictank wrote:
    They would give 30% or Half price for a week, nothing, ah well.

Your saving more than 30% just shopping there in general really

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Your saving more than 30% just shopping there in general really

Usually do so take that as given lol.

Always looking for more, greedy fecker.

Opens today, will swing by later to see if there is anything happening first day wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

...and it's open!! 75 free car parking spaces for customers. As parking is in short supply there, they'll definitely have clampers circulating for non customers or commuters trying to use it!

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/aldi-jobs-new-store-dublin-16493606

I dropped in for a look, all sparkling and new. It's a good size, wide isles.

There was €100 voucher for the first in lol. I got a free reusable bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Popped in this evening..Lovely store...very disappointed they didn't put in a fresh bakery section though

Advertisement