Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling meteor account

• 24-01-2019 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a meteor mobile broadband account I wish to cancel. I tried to call the number and it won't recognise the number and let me progress. 

I'm not prepared to give this anymore time, I am a customer for many years so there is no contract involved. I have cancelled the direct debit as of now so if you would like to record the cancellation I can PM you the details. 

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hi

I have a meteor mobile broadband account I wish to cancel. I tried to call the number and it won't recognise the number and let me progress. 

I'm not prepared to give this anymore time, I am a customer for many years so there is no contract involved. I have cancelled the direct debit as of now so if you would like to record the cancellation I can PM you the details. 

Regards
    Hi Nonoperational

Details on how to cancel your account can be found here. Unfortunately I am unable to process cancellations through social media, you would have to speak to the cancellations team in order to do that.

Kind regards
    ~Linzi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Can't get through to the phone line because it doesn't recognise the meteor number. I'll see if I get the time to print and send a letter. But the debit is cancelled now. Ridiculous I cannot send an email. 

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

Can't get through to the phone line because it doesn't recognise the meteor number. I'll see if I get the time to print and send a letter. But the debit is cancelled now. Ridiculous I cannot send an email. 

Eir are joke of a company. I was a meteor customer as well. Was always able to get through to them. I cancelled my meteor account and was owed money off Eir. I eventually got my money back after months of ringing. Has been going on since September.
    On one occasion I rang on a Friday at 4pm. Was making dinner and tidying up and pottering around so I had them on loudspeaker. Was on hold for 3 hours! Posted it to their Facebook page and got the generic apology. "We're aware there is an ongoing issue and apologise"..... Blah blah blah. They're a joke. I cannot wait for my contract to finish with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Hi there Nonoperational,

I understand this is frustrating however, this is the only way to cancel an account. If you can't get through by calling our Mobile Customer Care department on 1905, then you could contact our Sales department on 1800 503 303, as that line doesn't require you to give your number or account number and they will be able to transfer you to the relevant department.

~Kellie

Advertisement