Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with amazon.fr purchase

Options
  • 24-01-2019 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hello

In 2015 I purchased a graphics card from amazon.fr. I paid by MasterCard.

A few weeks ago the card developed a fault and I contacted Amazon. They promised me a refund upon returning the card to them so I did. I have all this in writing. They received it on the 14 th of January.

Since I hadn't receive the promised refund, I contacted them today. They said that I should contact the manufacturer as the card is out of warranty. But I haven't got the card anymore so the manufacturer won't be useful to me.

Is there anything that I can do to recover my funds?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi J4vier,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

You can fill out a Visa Debit dispute form. You will need to post this with proof of you returning the item and the correspondence from Amazon initially agreeing to refund this.

I have attached this link to this here.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Hi J4vier,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

You can fill out a Visa Debit dispute form. You will need to post this with proof of you returning the item and the correspondence from Amazon initially agreeing to refund this.

I have attached this link to this here.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna
    Hi Lorna,

is the visa dispute form applicable also if I paid by mastercard credit card?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

j4vier wrote: »
    Hi Lorna,

is the visa dispute form applicable also if I paid by mastercard credit card?

Thanks

Hi j4vier,

If you use the Transaction Dispute form here this is for both credit and debit cards.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Hello,

I would like an explanation on why I was pointed towards a charge back process if this is not applicable to transactions over 120 days old?

In my OP , I mentioned that the transaction related to 2015.

Today I received a letter from BOi explaining that the charge back option is not available to me because of this.

I spent a considerable amount of time preparing the documentation required and this could have been avoided easily if someone told me this from the start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks j4vier for coming back to us and yes, you're right. This should have been mentioned to you in our first reply. We're so sorry for the time wasted putting through the dispute.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement
Advertisement