Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei b593 connected but no internet

Options
  • 24-01-2019 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi, I have a Huawei b593 router with a 3sim, it has been working fine most of the time except the odd time there's an exclamation mark beside the WiFi signal and no Internet,

I usually just take out the sim card and turn it off and put it back in a turn it on and it works again. Today its not working at all, I've tried resetting the modem and it still won't work, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there's a fix? Thank you for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Does this effect one or all devices on the premises?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Does this effect one or all devices on the premises?

It effects all devices that I have tried,, I'm not the best with these things so don't know what the problem is.

From what you describe - devices connecting to router OK - issue lying on router-to-Three connection side.

If in contract - get Three involved. At least they can check if all good with your account.

What signal strength(signal bars on router) you get once internet connected?
    What connection settings you have set - toggle between 4G only/3G only

Any indication/error you get on router web interface when no internet?

Could be:
    1. No/intermittent coverage - move router to another location/introduce external antenna
    2. Faulty/failing SIM - try different SIM
    3. Faulty/failing router - well....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I got a separate issue with my b593, no Internet connection, the mode light is just blinking green, no mobile signal bars on it, and I cannot connect to it via the usual homerouter.cpe through wifi. Any suggestions? I have it in an outbuilding with 2 nanostations bridging a connection back to the house, my next step will be to remove it and try connect directly to it with a network cable, but maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Timmaay wrote: »
    I got a separate issue with my b593, no Internet connection, the mode light is just blinking green, no mobile signal bars on it, and I cannot connect to it via the usual homerouter.cpe through wifi. Any suggestions? I have it in an outbuilding with 2 nanostations bridging a connection back to the house, my next step will be to remove it and try connect directly to it with a network cable, but maybe I'm missing something obvious?
    Re Mode light https://www.store4g.com/blog/huawei-b593-indicator-ports-buttons/

Have you configured Nano stations correctly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,
    I had this router a while back but sold it as I was leaving Ireland. I am back again now and want to get a good wireless 4G router. Is this still the best one or is there a newer model the perfoms better?

Thanks,
    Mark

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I had this router a while back but sold it as I was leaving Ireland. I am back again now and want to get a good wireless 4G router. Is this still the best one or is there a newer model the perfoms better?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Newer models would have 1000Mbps Ethernet ports for LAN

Newer models would have 1000Mbps Etherley ports for LAN

Oh nice! Anyone you could recommend specifically?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

I had one of them before but no Internet usually meant the simcard wasn't inserted correctly which was usually quite difficult to do

Using B525, no complaints.

• Advertisement

Using B525, no complaints.

I see that's the one Three ship with their home broadband package. Might see if I can get an unlocked one off Amazon or somewhere like that.

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Might see if I can get an unlocked one off Amazon or somewhere like that.

Cheers,
    M
    Way to go

I think my problem afterwards was I had 3g only connection mode selected, 4g was not reliable enough and kept dropping so I changed to 3g only a Yr ago. Is 3g being fazed out now or something?

I think my problem afterwards was I had 3g only connection mode selected, 4g was not reliable enough and kept dropping so I changed to 3g only a Yr ago. Is 3g being fazed out now or something?
    Should still work.
    Have you gain internet/console access?

Should still work.
    Have you gain internet/console access?

Yep, I duno why my homerouter.cpe page was refusing to load this morning, even after 2 hard reboots.

Advertisement