Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickest way to learn Spring and Hibernate

Options
  • 24-01-2019 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm a mobile dev but looks like I'll be moving into backend, so will need to get to grips with Spring and Hibernate.
    I'll pick it up on the job but I'd rather do some work beforehand so I'm not a total newbie on day one.

For those of you who already have experience here, what would you recommend I do?

Best thing is to probably sit down and put the hours in, but where do I even start. I've Googled it and there's a tonne of guides with various other libraries. It's good there's a wealth of info, but I haven't a clue which ones are worthwhile. It seems Spring Boot is better than Spring (?) although it looks like its just a website that generates a skeleton project.
    But basically what I'm saying is, I'm short on time that I'd rather not spend Googling. So if someone can point me in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Talisman

DZone has some recommendations for learning Spring Boot.

Top 5 Courses to Learn Spring Boot in 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm a mobile dev but looks like I'll be moving into backend, so will need to get to grips with Spring and Hibernate.
    I'll pick it up on the job but I'd rather do some work beforehand so I'm not a total newbie on day one.

For those of you who already have experience here, what would you recommend I do?

Best thing is to probably sit down and put the hours in, but where do I even start. I've Googled it and there's a tonne of guides with various other libraries. It's good there's a wealth of info, but I haven't a clue which ones are worthwhile. It seems Spring Boot is better than Spring (?) although it looks like its just a website that generates a skeleton project.
    But basically what I'm saying is, I'm short on time that I'd rather not spend Googling. So if someone can point me in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks.

You're thinking of Spring Initialiser, and it generates the skeleton for you. Spring boot is different.

If you're company are paying for it, or you don't mind paying the subscription, pluralsight has a few worthwile courses online too.

Advertisement