Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Cancellation, still being billed

• 25-01-2019 7:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Cancelled my Eir account at the start of the month and just recurved a bill for 45 euro (even though I signed up for 30 a month)?

Order Eir mobile broadband at the start of the year, I needed a mobile solution with an ethernet cable. Eir ended up sending me the wrong modem (sent me a portable hotspot) and as I needed it urgently I had to go into a local 3 store as there isn't an Eir store near me. 3 sorted me out straight away and gave me a modem with ethernet ports.

I called Eir straight away and after going through about 20 minutes of trying to enter my account details of was told the call center was closed, so I got in touch through the chat only to be passed around between agents before being dropped completely.

I finally got through to an agent on the phone (after over 30 mins waiting) and I thought cancelled my account, the agent said I'd get an email confirming this within 72 hours.

I didn't so I tried to call again, another 30min wait time which is crazy, I ended up having to hang up after almost 40mins.

I tried to get confirmation that my account was closed through the chat, but they kept telling me to call the 1901 number.

I tired again a few days later only to have wait times of over 30 mins (I work during the same hours the call center is open so have to do it at lunch which I only get 30mins for).

Even calling into an Eir store got me nowhere, I was basically fobed off and told to call the 1901 number again.

If there are any Eir agents on this please get in touch, it's a joke trying to get confirmation of my account being cancelled

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

dmcinerney wrote: »
    Cancelled my Eir account at the start of the month and just recurved a bill for 45 euro (even though I signed up for 30 a month)?

Order Eir mobile broadband at the start of the year, I needed a mobile solution with an ethernet cable. Eir ended up sending me the wrong modem (sent me a portable hotspot) and as I needed it urgently I had to go into a local 3 store as there isn't an Eir store near me. 3 sorted me out straight away and gave me a modem with ethernet ports.

I called Eir straight away and after going through about 20 minutes of trying to enter my account details of was told the call center was closed, so I got in touch through the chat only to be passed around between agents before being dropped completely.

I finally got through to an agent on the phone (after over 30 mins waiting) and I thought cancelled my account, the agent said I'd get an email confirming this within 72 hours.

I didn't so I tried to call again, another 30min wait time which is crazy, I ended up having to hang up after almost 40mins.

I tried to get confirmation that my account was closed through the chat, but they kept telling me to call the 1901 number.

I tired again a few days later only to have wait times of over 30 mins (I work during the same hours the call center is open so have to do it at lunch which I only get 30mins for).

Even calling into an Eir store got me nowhere, I was basically fobed off and told to call the 1901 number again.

If there are any Eir agents on this please get in touch, it's a joke trying to get confirmation of my account being cancelled
    Hi dmcinerney

Unfortunately we can't cancel accounts through our Social Media channels you would have to speak to our Customer Care on 1901, where an agent will be happy to help you.  For more details on how to cancel your account please click here

Many thanks
    ~Linzi

Advertisement