Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing account with Credit on it

Options
  • 25-01-2019 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi,

I currently have credit on my account. Am I free to close the account and receive payment for the amount of credit. I am out of contract.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Electric Ireland: Brige

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Customers can close their Electric Ireland accounts, while in credit.

Once the final bill has been generated any credit on the account will be applied against this final balance. Any remaining amount can then be refunded to the customer.

To close an account, this can be complete online, over the phone with a member of the Customer Service team (1850 372 372, available to call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday), or via private message here on Boards.ie. 

Alternatively, if you are switching away to another supplier, they would complete this.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Heartbreak Hank

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Customers can close their Electric Ireland accounts, while in credit.

Once the final bill has been generated any credit on the account will be applied against this final balance. Any remaining amount can then be refunded to the customer.

To close an account, this can be complete online, over the phone with a member of the Customer Service team (1850 372 372, available to call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday), or via private message here on Boards.ie. 

Alternatively, if you are switching away to another supplier, they would complete this.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige
    Thanks Brige,

The credit is from the Electric Ireland energy efficiency incentive - would that change matters?

Thanks again.

Hi Heartbreak Hank,

Is the credit back from the Energy Efficiency department applied to your Electric Ireland account at this point? If so, the process would be a standard automatic closing bill payment/refund as outlined by Brige.

Thanks,
    Una
    Yeah it has been applied. Good to know I have options.

Thanks for the help and speedy replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again Hank,

Thanks so much for your kind words, we are happy to help. However I am so sorry - I have just been advised by a colleague that the Energy Efficiency credit is non refundable. Credit can only be refunded if it is an over-payment by the customer.

The Energy Efficiency credit can just be used to pay bills, so we recommend waiting until you are billed enough to use up the credit, and then to switch (although if you would like a telephone call for a loyalty offer to stay, please let us know).

My sincerest apologies again - here in this department we are not trained in-depth in relation to the Energy Efficiency Scheme, so I should have checked for definite first.

Please let us know if we can assist you with anything else.

Kind regards,
    Una

Hi again Hank,

Thanks so much for your kind words, we are happy to help. However I am so sorry - I have just been advised by a colleague that the Energy Efficiency credit is non refundable. Credit can only be refunded if it is an over-payment by the customer.

The Energy Efficiency credit can just be used to pay bills, so we recommend waiting until you are billed enough to use up the credit, and then to switch (although if you would like a telephone call for a loyalty offer to stay, please let us know).

My sincerest apologies again - here in this department we are not trained in-depth in relation to the Energy Efficiency Scheme, so I should have checked for definite first.

Please let us know if we can assist you with anything else.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Ok that's no problem and is fair enough. Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement